Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:54 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,596,878 times

Advertisements

Stay out of the stores and shop online, it will soften the blow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,900,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Stay out of the stores and shop online, it will soften the blow!
I've been doing that for ten years now. No crowds for me! If I could get my groceries bought and delivered for an equitable price, I'd do that too!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,878,283 times
Red face "Dr Freud I assume?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Jingle Bells Jingle Bells...

I hear them everywhere!!
Can one get away? The scariest thing is, somtimes i'll sing along....

Hmmm... you constantly hear "bells" in your head..... And you sing along to them?

Hmmmm. Counselling may be in order here! Or, stop by your local church. They have the magic "reset" wand but when they wave it over your head, don't be alarmed. Just yet. (PS: you'll hear one of those little confirming "beep" sounds).

And then, voila, you'll feel an irrepressible urge to join the flock, sing along with the congregation and stand at the Entrance / Exit of your local Super-Mart saying things to perfect strangers, like:

"Have you found Jesus in your life yet?"
or "It's never too late to be saved!" or "Christmas is for the Celebration of Christ's Birthday!"

It's all good, SM! "Believe Me!". http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/angel/ange118.gif (broken link)

P&L2ALL. Rflmn™

Last edited by rifleman; 12-09-2008 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 12-09-2008, 09:50 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,145,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm... you constantly hear "bells" in your head..... And you sing along to them?

Hmmmm. Counselling may be in order here! Or, stop by your local church. They have the magic "reset" wand but when they wave it over your head, don't be alarmed. Just yet. (PS: you'll hear one of those little confirming "beep" sounds).

And then, voila, you'll feel an irrepressible urge to join the flock, sing along with the congregation and stand at the Entrance / Exit of your local Super-Mart saying things to perfect strangers, like:

"Have you found Jesus in your life yet?" or "It's never too late to be saved!" or "Christmas is for the Celebration of Christ's Birthday!"

It's all good, SM! "Believe Me!".

P&L2ALL. Rflmn™

LOL rifleman, i think i'll stick with Jingles in my head for now, i'll feel safer

Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,378,003 times
Atheist here who loves Christmas music.

It's one of my favorite things about December. I leave my radio tuned to the "all Christmas music, all the time" station and sing along in my car, loudly.

I even sometimes listen to Christmas music at other times of year.

Something is wrong with me.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:01 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Interesting thing...I have sung the dang song my whole life...

A couple of years ago, I bought one of those xmas collars for my dog. The kind with all the bells on it.

When she trotted, it sounded just like the freaking song...same cadence...jingle bells, jingle bells...

How dumb am I that I didn't realize the song was talking about how bells sound on a trotting horse?

Old 12-09-2008, 02:11 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,447,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Atheist here who loves Christmas music.

It's one of my favorite things about December. I leave my radio tuned to the "all Christmas music, all the time" station and sing along in my car, loudly.

I even sometimes listen to Christmas music at other times of year.

Something is wrong with me.
Hey! Me too! (Except for the "other times of year" part)

Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,669,220 times
Earlier, I used to think these songs drive me nuts because I am not a believer. But, on reflection, if you play my 10 favourite songs all over the place for 6-8 weeks, and then repeat every year, that would drive me nuts too.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:11 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,434,996 times
All together now..Shep leads.
Uh one, an uh two

~Jjngle Bell, Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell Rock~

Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,491,952 times
Right now it's jingle bells until you think you're going to jump out of your skin. But wait...there's more! As soon as we get past this, there will be more Valentine's Day hearts than you know what to do with. The year no longer consists of twelve months; it's made up of three or four extended advertising seasons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism