Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,885,400 times

Advertisements

test..............................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,097,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep! There was a case in Italy ( I think..) of a plane going down which killed nearly everyone because the pilot was praying instead of trying to land the plane. I believe he ended up getting a sentence of a couple of years.
Yeah, I think it was in Italy. I remember hearing about that. He should have gotten more than a couple of years for not trying to fly the plane rather than asking Jesus to 'take the wheel'.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,948,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Terrible analogy. I can't see cells with my regular eyes but get a microscope then BANG! Cells!

You can feel the wind even if you can't "see" it. There is at least a measurable way to quantify the wind. THere is no way to see or feel your, or any god. Your god is no more provable than the Tooth Fairy. And at least she tips quarters.
There is no way to see or feel your, or any god?

WHAT A FALSE STATEMENT. I have had numerous encounters with my God for years. And my God has taken the time to reveal Himself to me. Jesus said, if you seek Him with all your heart, and with all your mind, and with all your soul you will surely find Him. I have dones this, and His Words are true.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,447,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There is no way to see or feel your, or any god?

WHAT A FALSE STATEMENT. I have had numerous encounters with my God for years. And my God has take the time to reveal Himself to me. Jesus said, if you seek Him with all your heart, and with all your mind, and with all your soul you will surely find Him. I have dones this, and His Words are true.
I'm sorry Campbell, but you just aren't a credible source. You are the guy who had a relationship with 2 demons, right? And you confuse hoaxes with evidence of creationism? And you think dinosaurs coexisted with humans?
And you believe in Noah's Ark?

So, please preach your delusions in another forum, and don't derail the thread with proselytizing.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I'm sorry Campbell, but you just aren't a credible source. You are the guy who had a relationship with 2 demons, right? And you confuse hoaxes with evidence of creationism? And you think dinosaurs coexisted with humans?
And you believe in Noah's Ark?

So, please preach your delusions in another forum, and don't derail the thread with proselytizing.
Oh, are you saying I'm not a credible source, because I don't believe as you do? And are you saying you are credible? And perhaps you should take your own advice. I was not aware that the topic here was on character assassination. At least I was responding to a comment someone had already made here.

And in case you were not aware, a Kurdish shepherd came forward in recent days and told Dr. Randall Price, who is a Pofessor of Judaic Studies that as a boy he saw the Ark on Ararat, and even climbed on top of it when he was just a boy. The shepherd stated he would be willing to lead them to the Ark for no payment. They will try to reach the site in the summer of 2009. So here again, we have another eyewitness to the Ark being on Ararat. And he is willing to risk his life in order to reveal to the world, the truth of what is up there. Sorry I'm off topic.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:27 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,483,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Oh, are you saying I'm not a credible source, because I don't believe as you do? And are you saying you are credible? And perhaps you should take your own advice. I was not aware that the topic here was on character assassination. At least I was responding to a comment someone had already made here.

And in case you were not aware, a Kurdish shepherd came forward in recent days and told Dr. Randall Price, who is a Pofessor of Judaic Studies that as a boy he saw the Ark on Ararat, and even climbed on top of it when he was just a boy. The shepherd stated he would be willing to lead them to the Ark for no payment. They will try to reach the site in the summer of 2009. So here again, we have another eyewitness to the Ark being on Ararat. And he is willing to risk his life in order to reveal to the world, the truth of what is up there. Sorry I'm off topic.

Campbell,

I don't say this out of anger or mockery. But a lot of what you believe in life isn't true at all. A very important part of your life is a lie, and you've told yourself that lie so many times you can't remember what the truth is anymore.

You pretend to hear God, when you don't. You make believe that you've seen things that you haven't. I know that you've invested a lot of yourself in this belief system, but it simply is not true. I also know that you are afraid to doubt - that is your biggest fear of all. You don't want to get in a situation where you believe you will be giving up your salvation.

At a prior point in my life, I was somewhere close to where you were. So was Insaneinthemembran. We told ourselves the same lies you tell yourself. Believe it or not, it will feel like a weight is lifted off your shoulders once you put all that behind you. Give yourself a chance to doubt. Become skeptical of your religion. Try to see it from our side.

You only have one life. This one. Don't waist it hiding from boogymen or trying to prove your fantasies. You've waisted too much time already.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:33 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,322,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I was chatting with a co-worker today about plane crashes...she is leaving for a vacation in Florida at the end of the week, and she is a nervous flyer.

To calm her, I pointed out how adept the pilot(s) that landed their plane in the Hudson were, and how nobody on board was seriously injured. Her reply to that was, "Yes...they all have God to thank for that."

Well, I couldn't help myself. Annoyed, I asked her, "Do all the people who died in the commuter plane crash in New York a couple of weeks ago have God to thank for THAT too? I mean, why would God save the people on one plane, and let them all die on the other?

Her answer..."Only God knows the answer to that."

So I asked her, "Do you believe God decides who survives plane crashes and who doesn't?" She answered, "God calls us home when he's ready."

So, still very annoyed, I asked, "When God is ready to call you home, how do you want to get there? Plane crash, drowning, eaten by a shark or alligator, stabbed, strangled, cancer, car crash, fall off a cliff?

That question dumbfounded her, so she snorted, "Well, clearly you don't understand our Lord, so I think this conversation is over."

Aaaaaaargh! (just had to rant...sorry).
If you could have managed to stay calm, you should have asked her exactly what it is that you're failing to understand.

I would have loved to hear her answer.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Campbell,

I don't say this out of anger or mockery. But a lot of what you believe in life isn't true at all. A very important part of your life is a lie, and you've told yourself that lie so many times you can't remember what the truth is anymore.

You pretend to hear God, when you don't. You make believe that you've seen things that you haven't. I know that you've invested a lot of yourself in this belief system, but it simply is not true. I also know that you are afraid to doubt - that is your biggest fear of all. You don't want to get in a situation where you believe you will be giving up your salvation.

At a prior point in my life, I was somewhere close to where you were. So was Insaneinthemembran. We told ourselves the same lies you tell yourself. Believe it or not, it will feel like a weight is lifted off your shoulders once you put all that behind you. Give yourself a chance to doubt. Become skeptical of your religion. Try to see it from our side.

You only have one life. This one. Don't waist it hiding from boogymen or trying to prove your fantasies. You've waisted too much time already.
Of course you may believe that, yet I have had way to many encounters with God, and demons to agree with you. And I have had others Christians present when some of these encounters occured, so it is not just a lie I believe. When I was 4 years old, I had a vision of the anti Christ to come. And that vision occured long before I knew who God or anti Christ was. I have a number of stories of my encounters with God. And I can assure you, everyone of them is true. And your wrong if you believe we only have one life. We have two lives, only it is up to you to consider where you will spend the second one. I'm going to be 59 years old in Aug. and I would not change a thing about my life, especially my relationship with God. He is a God of wonder that few will ever experience, because they have allowed the things of this world to side track them from His reality. I would say, it is you who has wasted too much time.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:40 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,867,655 times
Did I suddenly stumble into the wrong forum?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:40 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,691,364 times
you both argued (and got upset) about something neither can prove is right or wrong? uhhmmmm ok?

Thats like arguing about what color the neighbors should paint thier kitchen cabinets. I mean cmon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism