Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:59 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course you may believe that, yet I have had way to many encounters with God, and demons to agree with you. And I have had others Christians present when some of these encounters occured, so it is not just a lie I believe. When I was 4 years old, I had a vision of the anti Christ to come. And that vision occured long before I knew who God or anti Christ was. I have a number of stories of my encounters with God. And I can assure you, everyone of them is true. And your wrong if you believe we only have one life. We have two lives, only it is up to you to consider where you will spend the second one. I'm going to be 59 years old in Aug. and I would not change a thing about my life, especially my relationship with God. He is a God of wonder that few will ever experience, because they have allowed the things of this world to side track them from His reality. I would say, it is you who has wasted too much time.
Well, I guess you've gone this long, there's not much point in changing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
Quote:
And in case you were not aware, a Kurdish shepherd came forward in recent days and told Dr. Randall Price, who is a Pofessor of Judaic Studies that as a boy he saw the Ark on Ararat, and even climbed on top of it when he was just a boy. The shepherd stated he would be willing to lead them to the Ark for no payment. They will try to reach the site in the summer of 2009. So here again, we have another eyewitness to the Ark being on Ararat. And he is willing to risk his life in order to reveal to the world, the truth of what is up there. Sorry I'm off topic.
Eye witness accounts amount to nothing without physical evidence. Even pictures from some of the most sophisticated commercial imagery satellites have failed to produce any evidence of the "Ark". The so-called Ararat Anomaly could be anything from a snow covered rock ledge to a ship.

http://www.livescience.com/history/060309_the_ark.html
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html (broken link)

I would remind you of the "Face on Mars". Do you believe there's a face on Mars or is it merely a rock formation with lighting effects being just right to produce the face? Despite proof that the face is nothing more than a natural rock formation, "believers" are still convinced that the face is some sort of temple built by ancient Martians.

Lastly, if you are to accept that eye witness accounts are proof of anything, then:
  • You are forced to concede the existance of aliens. After all we've had plenty of eye witnesses to UFO and even alien abductions, right?
  • You are forced to believe in the existance of ghosts and hauntings.
  • You are forced to accept the abilities of psychics
  • You are forced to believe that the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, the Chupacabra and all the other crypto-zoological animals exist.
Now why is it I bet you don't believe in any of these things (or at least attribute them to a "Trick of the Devil" )? So how can you not have any skepticism toward Ark sightings of some shepherd in Turkey if eye witness accounts for UFOs, ghosts and the Loch Ness Monster are worthless?

Last edited by Fullback32; 05-13-2009 at 09:59 AM..

Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM

158 posts, read 472,771 times
Quote:
I have had way to many encounters with God, and demons
Quote:
When I was 4 years old, I had a vision of the anti Christ
Quote:
I have a number of stories of my encounters with God.
Quote:
I can assure you, everyone of them is true.
This is not meant to be a personal attack, but I think that you should look into the possibility of receiving professional help to diagnose your delusions. Every Christian I know in my life would not even attempt to support a single claim you've made. You can 'assure' us that they are all true? Your claims are not even in support of any religious arguments... you're supporting self reinforced delusions using words.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Indeed. Campbell34, you have certainly had "way to [sic] many encounters with God, and demons". Seek professional help.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
I think it's better for a guy like Campbell to just not know the truth. Can you imagine at 60 years old finding out that everything you believed in your whole life was a lie? All that sacrifice, waisted. The regrets he would have.

At this point, I think it's better that he keep right on believing to the end. It would almost not be fair for him find out now, at his age. Let him build a magic little cocoon around himself, with gods and demons fighting it out, and he's got eternal life, etc.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I think it's better for a guy like Campbell to just not know the truth. Can you imagine at 60 years old finding out that everything you believed in your whole life was a lie? All that sacrifice, waisted. The regrets he would have.

At this point, I think it's better that he keep right on believing to the end. It would almost not be fair for him find out now, at his age. Let him build a magic little cocoon around himself, with gods and demons fighting it out, and he's got eternal life, etc.
Well he probably lacks confidence in his own beleifs, or he wouldn't feel the need to be on here preaching them so much on the internet to a buncha uncaring strangers. If you firmly believe, then you'd see no need to prove yourself online (as often and as fervently as he does). Because you wouldn't care what others thought. Thats MHO on it.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Eye witness accounts amount to nothing without physical evidence. Even pictures from some of the most sophisticated commercial imagery satellites have failed to produce any evidence of the "Ark". The so-called Ararat Anomaly could be anything from a snow covered rock ledge to a ship.

http://www.livescience.com/history/060309_the_ark.html
SPACE.com -- Zooming in on Noah's Ark? Satellites Search for Ancient Artifact (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html - broken link)

I would remind you of the "Face on Mars". Do you believe there's a face on Mars or is it merely a rock formation with lighting effects being just right to produce the face? Despite proof that the face is nothing more than a natural rock formation, "believers" are still convinced that the face is some sort of temple built by ancient Martians.

Lastly, if you are to accept that eye witness accounts are proof of anything, then:
  • You are forced to concede the existance of aliens. After all we've had plenty of eye witnesses to UFO and even alien abductions, right?
  • You are forced to believe in the existance of ghosts and hauntings.
  • You are forced to accept the abilities of psychics
  • You are forced to believe that the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, the Chupacabra and all the other crypto-zoological animals exist.
Now why is it I bet you don't believe in any of these things (or at least attribute them to a "Trick of the Devil" )? So how can you not have any skepticism toward Ark sightings of some shepherd in Turkey if eye witness accounts for UFOs, ghosts and the Loch Ness Monster are worthless?
The Mars face may only be there because of shadows, only time will tell. Yet I do believe in UFOs, and I know who they are. I also believe in what some see as ghost, and I also know who they are. And only time will reveal if such other things do exist. The account of the Ark is far to detailed to be dismissed, and we have the same stories coming from the same place on the mountain. And it is on that mountain range where the Bible states the Ark landed. I know the Bible is true, and I know something the size of the Ark could not vanish on it's own. I also believe it is only a matter of time before the Ark is revealed.

As far as UFOs, John Keel who is one of the most informed UFO researchers has stated, that as he did the research and the study of UFOs, he was pushed into the world of demonology. Now to my knowledge, Mr. Keel is not a Christian. Yet he himself believes the true answer of the UFO existance may be found somewhere in religion. UFOs have been with us for a long time, pilots have chased them, radar operators together with airline pilots have confirmed them. And to suggest they do not exist, requires ignoring the obvious. They have been tracked across the entire globe, and their reality is only dismissed by those who have the ability to dismiss reality. I believe UFOs will be part of a great deception that will be coming to earth, and they will become more obvious to all in the future. UFOs will be the cover story, to explain away a greater reality.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
Quote:
The Mars face may only be there because of shadows, only time will tell. Yet I do believe in UFOs, and I know who they are. I also believe in what some see as ghost, and I also know who they are. And only time will reveal if such other things do exist. The account of the Ark is far to detailed to be dismissed, and we have the same stories coming from the same place on the mountain. And it is on that mountain range where the Bible states the Ark landed. I know the Bible is true, and I know something the size of the Ark could not vanish on it's own. I also believe it is only a matter of time before the Ark is revealed.

As far as UFOs, John Keel who is one of the most informed UFO researchers has stated, that as he did the research and the study of UFOs, he was pushed into the world of demonology. Now to my knowledge, Mr. Keel is not a Christian. Yet he himself believes the true answer of the UFO existance may be found somewhere in religion. UFOs have been with us for a long time, pilots have chased them, radar operators together with airline pilots have confirmed them. And to suggest they do not exist, requires ignoring the obvious. They have been tracked across the entire globe, and their reality is only dismissed by those who have the ability to dismiss reality. I believe UFOs will be part of a great deception that will be coming to earth, and they will become more obvious to all in the future. UFOs will be the cover story, to explain away a greater reality.

There is no "time will tell" on the Face on Mars. It is a natural formation, been proven, no room for argument, case closed.
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast24may_1.htm

As to the other phenomena, well I figured you'd attribute them to "demons" (which can't be proven to exist either)...heard that before. As to the Ark, ever heard of the Gilgamesh Epic? I suppose it totally out of the realm of possibility, to you, that the story of Noah was lifted from that much earlier Babylonian myth story. Well, believe on!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,620,342 times
My atheist friends. Just a comment. I have disagreed with virtually everything that Campbell34 has ever said on this forum and yet the man never insults people, he maintains a consistent point of view but never resorts to telling people how stupid they are or that they're going to hell. I can think of a half dozen over the top Christians who are insulting, overbearing and just plain stupid who I find to be extremely irritating. I think we should cut Campbell34 a break. I don't agree with his ideas but don't you think he deserves a certain amount of respect for engaging in conversations with those of us who are atheists without resorting to name calling, insults, and ridicule? When someone presents a point of view or idea that is contrary to what we believe shouldn't we at least consider the manner in which they're trying to communicate with us? I think we should.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:29 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
My atheist friends. Just a comment. I have disagreed with virtually everything that Campbell34 has ever said on this forum and yet the man never insults people, he maintains a consistent point of view but never resorts to telling people how stupid they are or that they're going to hell. I can think of a half dozen over the top Christians who are insulting, overbearing and just plain stupid who I find to be extremely irritating. I think we should cut Campbell34 a break. I don't agree with his ideas but don't you think he deserves a certain amount of respect for engaging in conversations with those of us who are atheists without resorting to name calling, insults, and ridicule? When someone presents a point of view or idea that is contrary to what we believe shouldn't we at least consider the manner in which they're trying to communicate with us? I think we should.
You are right, MG. This has turned into a dump on Campbell fest. I feel like I started all of this with my post doubting his credibility.

Campbell, I am sorry for what came off as a personal attack on you. I felt bad after I read your reply to me, and I should have posted this apology sooner.

I had no right to mock your beliefs. They are just as important to you as my beliefs are to me.

You are part of our online community here, and I feel some affection towards you, after having read so many of your posts.
Please accept my apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism