Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times

Advertisements

Campbell34: Jesus got you a job? Ach. It is revealing that you state that you didn't let your putative "innate mental balance [my phrase which you borrowed] get in the way of your wonderful relationship with Jesus". In other words, it was irrational. Are you getting brownie points with your god by coming here to the heathens to preach? That is precisely what you are doing, "testifying" about the voice in your head which you call Jesus. That is somewhat frightening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Immature? Like when they say "God didn't help you because he will do it in his own time, not yours" or "God answered you but you weren't listening." Sounds like God is passive-aggressive and not really interested in helping.

No one has any proof on any god. No religion does. They all make the same claim to being the one true religion with the right god. But no person on earth has any information that puts them ahead of anyone else in knowing or proving there is a god.
Well you can only make such a claim, only because you are unaware of the prophecies of the Bible. And these prophecies are not vague but very detailed. The fact is, much of what is happening in the world today was spoken of in the Bible thousands of years ago. And none of the other faiths outside of the Bible has this kind of knowledge.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Campbell34: Jesus got you a job? Ach. It is revealing that you state that you didn't let your putative "innate mental balance [my phrase which you borrowed] get in the way of your wonderful relationship with Jesus". In other words, it was irrational. Are you getting brownie points with your god by coming here to the heathens to preach? That is precisely what you are doing, "testifying" about the voice in your head which you call Jesus. That is somewhat frightening.
Well tell me, if it was only a voice in my head. How did the voice in my head know that as soon as I said the (A) of Amen, I would have a job?
LOL

Old 05-18-2009, 11:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
yes chistians do that since he is the god of good, when good happens they see god, when evil happens they see evil. that is how they do it.
how bout you?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Campbell34: Things do happen by coincidence, you know. It was certainly serendipitous. But I can see there is no point in trying to convince you to accept any other explanation other than the one you are clinging to.

Huckleberry: Your post was too incoherent for me to make much sense of. Yes, I know all about "how chistians[sic] do it". No, that's not how I do it. I look for rational causes, not ancient superstitions.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
For a little while, I thought "Fretless Bass Forever" was refering to a type of fish that was unworried.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The fact is, much of what is happening in the world today was spoken of in the Bible thousands of years ago. And none of the other faiths outside of the Bible has this kind of knowledge.
That's EXACTLY what the muslims say about the Koran.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Campbell34: Things do happen by coincidence, you know. It was certainly serendipitous. But I can see there is no point in trying to convince you to accept any other explanation other than the one you are clinging to.

Huckleberry: Your post was too incoherent for me to make much sense of. Yes, I know all about "how chistians[sic] do it". No, that's not how I do it. I look for rational causes, not ancient superstitions.
Well there is the problem. There is a point in time when you finally understand that there are to many coincidences happening on cue for them to be coincidences. Non believers however are so far removed from the power of God, that they use their rational mind to explain away something which is supernatural. And again, that is why the Bible clearly states that the natural man will not understand the things of the Spirit, because they are Spiritually discerned.

I can give you another example. Long ago I was called into work for overtime. As I got out of my truck, I said these words, "Jesus, I loved you". That's all I said. As I began to walk across the street, I could see this red balloon blowing wildly in the wind. It would swoop down low, and then go high again. As I got closer to the plant gate, the balloon came low and just kind of stayed behind the gate. As I got closer to the closed entrance, the balloon started moving back and forth in a sideways motion. And as I got even closer to the Gate, the balloon appeared to center itself on the 4 inch opening of that Gate. It's movements seem strange to me, and I could not take my eyes off the balloon. When I was about four feet from the Gate entrance, this 10 inch balloon suddenly moved forward with great speed and pushed through that 4 inch opening. The balloon almost hit me in the face, yet I caught it in my hands. When I turned the balloon over, printed on the other side of the balloon were the words. (I LOVE YOU).

(I LOVE YOU), were the last words I spoke less than a minute before, and they were words I spoke to Jesus. And the fact that this balloons movements were so strange, and it found itself in my hands, and it did this even when the balloon was 10 inches in diameter, and had to go through a 4 inch opening against all odds. I found this occurance really out of the norm. The fact is, over the years God has shown me enought evidence for His reality, and I would have to work really hard to deny His existance today. I believe most people do not experience such things, because sadly, most people have already dismissed God and His power.

Last edited by Campbell34; 05-19-2009 at 02:43 AM..

Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
That's EXACTLY what the muslims say about the Koran.
Yeah, but ask them for the details and suddenly they don't have any. The Bible is packed with them, and they are obvious.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yeah, but ask them for the details and suddenly they don't have any. The Bible is packed with them, and they are obvious.
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. They are not obvious, just as the ones in the Koran aren't. They take a lot of spin and interpretation to make much out of em, (if their much to begin with).

Or the only evidence the prophecy was full filled also comes from the bible.

Maybe I'll start a new post on that. Bible v. Koran - which has the most full filled prophecies? There may not be enough Muslims on here to make it fair, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism