Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 11:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
challenge away, skippy.

I'd be happy to answer any question you throw at me...if I don't know I'll tell you.
What makes you think that by believing a lie, you are better than anyone else or that because you believe it, it must be true?

How's that for a starter challenge, Bevis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Nobody should feed this troll. If you ask him a question about trees he will give you an answer about dolphins. And he will think it's logical. He will also take that tree/dolphin analogy I just gave as literal.
Rick, post 310 shows just how right you are. I think that we should, in terms a person like kdbirch can understand, shun him in these forums. After all, his behavior is unacceptable to the rules of the forum or his own church.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Here ya go kdbrich...Learn why you are not a logical thinker.

YouTube - Word Play and Reasoning

Old 04-15-2009, 11:38 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Rick, post 310 shows just how right you are. I think that we should, in terms a person like kdbirch can understand, shun him in these forums. After all, his behavior is unacceptable to the rules of the forum or his own church.
Unbelievable. You guys have done nothing but ridicule me and you say that I'm the one that's being unreasonable. I give you an answer and you ignore it.

I'm being no less respectful than you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here ya go kdbrich...Learn why you are not a logical thinker.
sorry...I don't have access to youtube right now

Quote:
What makes you think that by believing a lie, you are better than anyone else or that because you believe it, it must be true?

Have I ever said that I was "better" than anyone else?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Quote:
This you do not know. His church may very well not only condone such behavior but promote it. There are many that do. Lying for Jesus is condoned and promoted by many churches.

But I agree, the troll is getting boring since he doesn't discuss but just repeats his illogical statements.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 PM

45 posts, read 94,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
The religious-right uses their own form of logic. It is called “Circular Logicâ€. This allows them to prove the Bible by using the Bible, or condone hate by the logic they proved in the Bible which they proved using the Bible to prove it’s validly.
You may get slammed even on this A&A forum if you call them brainwashed, or sheep following a myth, and if you mention their logic is flawed they will return to their Circular Logic to start over. I don’t think it is being stubborn, I think it is their fear of facing reality
The thing is that Christians like myself believe that the bible is the inspired word of God. Thus we don't have to prove it's validity. This may be tough for an agnostic or athiest to accept.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 PM

45 posts, read 94,130 times
Quote:

I'll take a wack at this.
1)How is living for Christ a Lie? Jesus is a Historic Figure. No real historian doubts that. The beliefs set forth in the bible are the glue that helps society to work. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" or "Though shall not kill" are two well known examples of Judean/Christian teachings.
2) The great centers of education in this world were started by churches as well as the first hospitals. The American Red Cross was started by Christians. Most Charities were started by religious people. St Judes Research Hospital that has saved so many lives? That was started as a promise to God and St Jude.
3) I studied World Religion and the History of Christianity before becoming Catholic but even before that I could see truth in the biblical teachings. I won't say that reading the bible will make you Christian but it might make you understand the devotion that most people have to their faith.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 PM

657 posts, read 1,599,922 times
are we arguing about the topic at hand, or has this degraded into a bunch of childish name-calling?

hurry.. let's point some more fingers about who the REAL troll is..

Old 04-15-2009, 01:12 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeward08 View Post
I'll take a wack at this.
1)How is living for Christ a Lie? Jesus is a Historic Figure. No real historian doubts that. The beliefs set forth in the bible are the glue that helps society to work. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" or "Though shall not kill" are two well known examples of Judean/Christian teachings.
So the Chinese and Japanese and the Indians (Eastern) are all immoral - funny how their cultures were ahead of the conquering colonists technologywise?
Quote:
2) The great centers of education in this world were started by churches as well as the first hospitals. The American Red Cross was started by Christians. Most Charities were started by religious people. St Judes Research Hospital that has saved so many lives? That was started as a promise to God and St Jude.
Before the reformation, the church was likely the only place one could get an education - you know the dark ages. The state was the church and visa versa.
Quote:
3) I studied World Religion and the History of Christianity before becoming Catholic but even before that I could see truth in the biblical teachings. I won't say that reading the bible will make you Christian but it might make you understand the devotion that most people have to their faith.
No problems there, but there are just too many inconsistencies and bad rap of crusades and inquisitions to take it at face value.

Politics is what drove religion and it is politics that drives it today.

(short version)

Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Unbelievable. You guys have done nothing but ridicule me and you say that I'm the one that's being unreasonable. I give you an answer and you ignore it.

I'm being no less respectful than you are.

sorry...I don't have access to youtube right now

Have I ever said that I was "better" than anyone else?

Only by your every statement and denial of facts given to you. Troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism