Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I see the Easter proselytizers have made an appearance. *yawn*

Here's my favorite verse:

Ezekiel 23:20:

20. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
Really? Please say you made that up. I thought that I found all of the nutty OT verses! That is so vile and vulgar! Ewww. I literally feel a tad bit ill thinking about this! A donkey?! In the words of Forest Gump..." I WAS RUNNING!" (away from that donkey!)

Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose semen was like that of horses.....God's Word Translation..... ( I had to check!)

Now that is going to be hard to beat for the gross out factor....Ewwwww, but I'll try

Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:31 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,058 times
Here are a couple more:

"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)

"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 PM

285 posts, read 616,148 times
1 samuel 18:25-27

And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. 26. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king's son in law: and the days were not expired. 27. Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife.

And just what does one do with 200 foreskins? It's not enough for a scarf...

Old 04-11-2009, 12:20 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Deuteronomy 28:53 "Then you shall eat the offspring of your own body, the flesh of your sons and of your daughters whom the LORD your God has given you, during the siege and the distress by which your enemy will oppress you.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:40 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Really? Please say you made that up. I thought that I found all of the nutty OT verses! That is so vile and vulgar! Ewww. I literally feel a tad bit ill thinking about this! A donkey?! In the words of Forest Gump..." I WAS RUNNING!" (away from that donkey!)
I don't make this stuff up: Ezekiel 23:20 "She lusted after their paramours, whose flesh is like the

I don't see it as vile and vulgar. It simply says her lovers are hung like donkeys and, much like milk, come in quarts.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,258,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyrhydyr View Post
And just what does one do with 200 foreskins? It's not enough for a scarf...
Maybe they ate them? Rocky Mtn oysters anyone?

The visual on that is weird - I can just see several warriors holding down the vanquished victim and ... carefully slicing off his foreskin. Eeewww. Seems like they had some serious sexual weirdness there.

Is that a forceable conversion to Judiasm?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:36 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
My favorite is the one where God told his people to go kill all of the folks in the neighboring village if they wouldn't agree to be slaves. After the war was over, God's people decided to let some of the little boys live. Oh, helllll no!, said God, (via moses), You have to kill all the male children, but the young virgin girls you can keep because God enjoys a little human trafficking.

Numbers 31:1-18:
"...And they warred against the Midianites, as the Lord commanded Moses, and they slew all the [adult] males. And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones...And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses...And Moses was angry with the officers of the host And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Ba'laam, to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the female children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 PM

300 posts, read 734,994 times
not really favorite but very telling of who wrote those books and why:
Ezekiel 23

Quote:
(19)Yet she increased her whorings, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the ***** in the land of Egypt

(20) For she doted upon their paramours, whose members is as the members of donkeys, and whose emission is like the emission of horses.
It's so filthy that even the forum's dirty words filter noticed that and replaced it with the stars Just imagine that frustrated poor guy watching the men and women who had much more of everything than him, scribbling up his frustration for the future to come...

Old 04-11-2009, 04:16 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Arrow Ezekiel 23:20

Those that commented on Ezekiel. Did you finish reading or did you just stop at gross?

Ezekiel

23:26 They shall also strip thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy fair jewels. 23:27 Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy whoredom brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remember Egypt any more. 23:28 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated: 23:29 And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. 23:30 I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols. 23:31 Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister; therefore will I give her cup into thine hand. 23:32 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much. 23:33 Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria. 23:34 Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
23:35
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast forgotten me, and cast me behind thy back, therefore bear thou also thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. The King James Version Free Online Bible

In other words it's saying, enjoy your actions because that's as good as it's ever going to get. Also, you will bear the consequences of your actions.

Also to do a comparison of society of then and now, the difference escapes me. I will be so bold as to say, it is the same now as it was then and nothing changes over time, but time itself.

A person can pick a part and make justification; a person can justify anything if they present it well enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism