Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Hehe...I always figured that if John the Baptist came back and showed up at an evangelical church on a Sunday morning, he would be thrown out for not being dressed right in a "respectful manner".

Mark 6: John was clothed in camel's hair, with a leather belt around his waist. He fed on locusts and wild honey.

He must have looked some kind of way being out in the desert all that time. They would make him take a shower and put on a coat and tie before he come come back to church.
Yeah the prophets of yore sure do not measure up to the profits of today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
and that's all the philosophy you folks got left in your minds, eh?

dunno why i find being around here still so fascinating..

, lemme
You have to admit effie that those are some interesting scriptures. They say what they say. One attributes all the power to Jesus the other to Satan....sooooo....which is it?!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:13 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
Husband of funny rebel DanniMae: Its true the Bible has a lot disrepancies and you figure how many different people interpretted it and considering it had a lot of different scribes writing it over and over again, I just hope that this isn't one of those frivolous arguements that come up. I do know that it says that during end times people will be deceived and being deceived and even the VERY ELECT. So I'd just say use Discretion carefully.....I dunno...thats just me .02 cents worth maybe just needed to read the whole enchalada of this topic or..I dunno ..I just dunno...doy...
Allen

Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
[FONT=Verdana]If the Bible were true, than it claims Jesus spoke saying “All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18); than later the bible said "the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19). The way I read this is, if the evil one is Satan, than Jesus must be one in the same. If Jesus is not Satan than he is the evil one and in control of earth which might explain why Christianity is so blood thirsty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Seems to be a sticky situation for Christians, what are your views on the statement? Is he Satan, the evil one, or is the bible just bull?[/FONT]
trying to overthrow heaven would have been a pretty arrogant move,and to say that" no one gets to the father except through me",is a pretty arrogant statement. Another question is, are jesus and mohammed the same person?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:52 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Also, the veracity and value of the bible is a completely different topic.
Or, the lack thereof.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post

Did God create Satan?
I don't believe in either, but, were I a believer, I would suspect that satan created the god-myth to give humans false hope.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
The question "Did God create Satan?" presupposes the existence of 'God', which I don't believe in. However, since 'God' allegedly created the universe and everything in it, and since 'Satan' was a 'fallen angel', then according to the mythology, yes.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM

15 posts, read 14,419 times
actually, the power that Jesus has is the same power of God in heaven. if we have faith in christ jesus, then the same power to overcome this world is in us. it has always been there from the beginning of time. satans power is limited to this world. thats why our temptation to sin is so great, but, there is always a voice that tells us what is right first, if we choose to listen. the more we sin, the harder it is to listen to whats right. thats why people who do wrong, think that they are doing right, because they have been doing wrong so long. there goes the fall of man. only Jesus can save. oh yes, Jesus has the power in heaven, earth and even has the power to utterly wipe out hell and all of its tenents.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
And this is where the Jehovas went awry.....

Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,784,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Why are you asking this in the A&A forum? Atheists don't believe in Satan any more than they believe in any gods. Ergo, if Jesus existed he certainly wasn't Satan and he certainly wasn't a deity.

Also, the veracity and value of the bible is a completely different topic.
She's asking it here in order to get another thread going where they atheist sheeple can just all give their carbon-copy 'it's all bull' remarks. Every once in a while they need to create their own controversy to rag on. For people who claim to believe satan (and jesus, per most of them) doesn't exist they sure to obsess over something non-existent quite a bit.

I don't believe the Loch Ness monster exists, but I've never written anything, let alone post after post, mocking those who believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism