Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:36 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,522,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeward08 View Post
Predos, Predos, Predos.... I never claimed to be an expert on A.A. I was asked if I had ever attended a meeting and I answered honestly. I have not tried to convert anyone on this thread. I just answer honestly. These threads have given me insight on how the athiest thinks. The only hatred I have seen on these threads is that espoused by Athiests against Christians, Jesus, and anyone else who practices organized religion. Of course that goes double for anyone who defends such practices. I appreciate that insight.
What you consider hatred (anything that you don't approve of) others consider proof of the falacy of your message. Bringing that message into this forum and trying to spread it is trying to convert and is preaching. Not welcomed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,233,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Agreed. Anything that does not agree with the religious agenda is, to them, hatred. Any expression of disbelief is hatred. Anything that they do is all loving kindness with the intent to bring us to their god. They don't even see this as preaching to us poor heathens. A major blind spot of the religious is their inserting themselves into situations where they know they are not welcome, claiming it is to "educate" themselves, and crying when their views are proven wrong.

I am sure that some do not come to the A&A forum, just as some of us do not go into the Christian forum. The ones who do come here come with an obvious agenda (which they all deny). Maybe some day they will learn, discussion is welcome, preaching is not.
Some of them really do seem to have some serious boundary issues ...

Can you say passive-aggressive behavior???

Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,097,381 times
I never go into the religious area, since I'm certain not to be welcomed there with my views. If only the religious would show the same restraint.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,551,449 times
"Guess you guys want fellowship too, huh?"

Fellowship is possible without being required to believe a two thousand year old collection of Jewish fairy tales! Also...it's possible to teach youngsters the difference between right and wrong without using a threat of eternal damnation to the flames of hell.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,914,950 times
Mankind will never be free until the last politician is hung by the entrails of the last priest.

Denis Diderot

Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,551,449 times
"Mankind will never be free until the last politician is hung by the entrails of the last priest"

Right on! I long for the days when the folks we sent to Washington actually represented us...not corporations. In 1960 a CEO made on average about forty times what an ordinary worker earned. The last stats I saw pegged them at about 550 times what an ordinary worker earns.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:43 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,914,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
"Mankind will never be free until the last politician is hung by the entrails of the last priest"

Right on! I long for the days when the folks we sent to Washington actually represented us...not corporations. In 1960 a CEO made on average about forty times what an ordinary worker earned. The last stats I saw pegged them at about 550 times what an ordinary worker earns.

Err, Diderot wasn't making any exceptions for the politicians you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism