Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:32 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times

Advertisements

The mind is an instrument. It is the instrument of the soul. The mind is equipped with abilities for the proper manifestation of the soul’s powers. And these endowments pertain to its ability to gather information and give form to the many expressions that the soul is capable of creating. The mind will organize data received and will perform the task of associating all relevant information for the purpose of conveying information and principles in a clear and sensible format, or for arriving to conclusions based on its previous operations of similar experiments. In its proper and constant use of its abilities, its powers increase accordingly. And hence, a finer connection to the soul’s powers and a corresponding ability to reason and apply logic will ensue.

The mind is the canvas of the soul. It is a means by which the soul communicates and makes its self-known. The soul will paint its images on this canvas. It can produce great works of love and it can produce works that are not in harmony with love. Depending on the development and condition of the soul, a corresponding image or painting is produced by the mind.

The mind receives its true power from the soul. Many powers attributed to the mind are paintings created by the soul. And here I am talking about wisdom, discernment, intuition, understanding and among many others, the ability to perceive truth. The mind produces these paintings but the cause of these existences is the soul.

If you want to understand your mind, seek to understand your soul. You are conscious that you “are”; the soul paints this picture in your mind. The mind merely gives form to this power created by your soul.

The mind is a receiver and transmitter of paintings. The mind in its normal operation is continually receiving and transmitting images. The mind can receive energies from sources other than your soul. And depending on its (soul’s) state, the mind will receive and acknowledge creations that are of like tendencies.
The soul that seeks development in the essence of God necessitates that the mind develops correspondingly (seemingly laggardly), in knowledge of truth, in order for the soul to express its higher development. A law that operates on the relationship of the mind and the soul brings this about. As the soul develops (natural or divine), the mind develops accordingly.

The material aspect of the mind and here I am referring to the physical organ, falls under the scope of the natural laws. The brain contains in it, “instructions” as it were, or we can call these “instinct” whereby these laws carry out the proper physical functioning of all living organisms on the physical plane. These material functioning’s relate to (to mention a few) the use of the senses and motor skills of living things, in which the spirit of life resides. There is also another law that pertains to the connection and relationship of the mind and the physical organ. This law is brought into operation when the mind is actively seeking to transmit an image to the brain. You will recall a similar law*, when you bring to mind the subject of mediumship. And this law relates to the conditioning of the mortal brain or preparing it, in order to receive images from the mind that are of a nature that requires the brain to have some acquaintance with and must be active with, that, of which the mind is trying to manifest.

You have observed this phenomena-taking place when you had an experience where you found a complete and clear picture of what the mind produced and yet your brain had no resources to describe the image. This is why it appears that your mind has to play catch up with the soul in its development but it is a matter of conditioning and preparing the brain to manifest this new knowledge, of which it has no familiarity with. So, when all the conditions are met you will bring into operation this law that allows the image in the mind to be transmitted to your brain.

Last edited by Reverend1111; 05-15-2009 at 05:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Not-alive isn't the same as dead. You weren't dead before you were born, because there wasn't a you to BE dead before you were born. You simply didn't exist yet. Semantics, maybe, because the effect is the same, but I wouldn't classify the not-born-yet as dead people.

ROTFL

Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The mind is an instrument. It is the instrument of the soul. The mind is equipped with abilities for the proper manifestation of the soul’s powers. And these endowments pertain to its ability to gather information and give form to the many expressions that the soul is capable of creating. The mind will organize data received and will perform the task of associating all relevant information for the purpose of conveying information and principles in a clear and sensible format, or for arriving to conclusions based on its previous operations of similar experiments. In its proper and constant use of its abilities, its powers increase accordingly. And hence, a finer connection to the soul’s powers and a corresponding ability to reason and apply logic will ensue.
The mind is the canvas of the soul. It is a means by which the soul communicates and makes its self-known. The soul will paint its images on this canvas. It can produce great works of love and it can produce works that are not in harmony with love. Depending on the development and condition of the soul, a corresponding image or painting is produced by the mind.
The mind receives its true power from the soul. Many powers attributed to the mind are paintings created by the soul. And here I am talking about wisdom, discernment, intuition, understanding and among many others, the ability to perceive truth. The mind produces these paintings but the cause of these existences is the soul.
If you want to understand your mind, seek to understand your soul. You are conscious that you “are”; the soul paints this picture in your mind. The mind merely gives form to this power created by your soul.
The mind is a receiver and transmitter of paintings. The mind in its normal operation is continually receiving and transmitting images. The mind can receive energies from sources other than your soul. And depending on its (soul’s) state, the mind will receive and acknowledge creations that are of like tendencies.
The soul that seeks development in the essence of God necessitates that the mind develops correspondingly (seemingly laggardly), in knowledge of truth, in order for the soul to express its higher development. A law that operates on the relationship of the mind and the soul brings this about. As the soul develops (natural or divine), the mind develops accordingly.
The material aspect of the mind and here I am referring to the physical organ, falls under the scope of the natural laws. The brain contains in it, “instructions” as it were, or we can call these “instinct” whereby these laws carry out the proper physical functioning of all living organisms on the physical plane. These material functioning’s relate to (to mention a few) the use of the senses and motor skills of living things, in which the spirit of life resides. There is also another law that pertains to the connection and relationship of the mind and the physical organ. This law is brought into operation when the mind is actively seeking to transmit an image to the brain. You will recall a similar law*, when you bring to mind the subject of mediumship. And this law relates to the conditioning of the mortal brain or preparing it, in order to receive images from the mind that are of a nature that requires the brain to have some acquaintance with and must be active with, that, of which the mind is trying to manifest. You have observed this phenomena-taking place when you had an experience where you found a complete and clear picture of what the mind produced and yet your brain had no resources to describe the image. This is why it appears that your mind has to play catch up with the soul in its development but it is a matter of conditioning and preparing the brain to manifest this new knowledge, of which it has no familiarity with. So, when all the conditions are met you will bring into operation this law that allows the image in the mind to be transmitted to your brain.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i do know what it is like, i have been forced to watch listen to rush limbaugh for hours when i visit my uncles in memphis.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:48 PM

YouTube - Nothing But The Blood

Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

Well, before I became a little more aware of things, I was Catholic. I therefore drank a lot of his blood and even spilled some on me. I must be "covered by the blood" inside and out...or I am a vampire. Now why don't you tell us all how the Pope is the Antichrist and all the Catholics are going to hell. On second thought, don't.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:27 PM

42 posts, read 174,657 times
Quote:

The material aspect of the mind and here I am referring to the physical organ, falls under the scope of the natural laws. The brain contains in it, “instructions” as it were, or we can call these “instinct” whereby these laws carry out the proper physical functioning of all living organisms on the physical plane. These material functioning’s relate to (to mention a few) the use of the senses and motor skills of living things, in which the spirit of life resides. There is also another law that pertains to the connection and relationship of the mind and the physical organ. This law is brought into operation when the mind is actively seeking to transmit an image to the brain. You will recall a similar law*, when you bring to mind the subject of mediumship. And this law relates to the conditioning of the mortal brain or preparing it, in order to receive images from the mind that are of a nature that requires the brain to have some acquaintance with and must be active with, that, of which the mind is trying to manifest.

You have observed this phenomena-taking place when you had an experience where you found a complete and clear picture of what the mind produced and yet your brain had no resources to describe the image. This is why it appears that your mind has to play catch up with the soul in its development but it is a matter of conditioning and preparing the brain to manifest this new knowledge, of which it has no familiarity with. So, when all the conditions are met you will bring into operation this law that allows the image in the mind to be transmitted to your brain.
I understand what you're saying now, and it does make sense. But why must your belief in God be based upon reason? You're speaking of the nature of the human consciousness, which is still imperfectly understood by science. Because it is imperfectly understood, your beliefs currently hold a measure of validity. But what if one day, science is able to explain everything about the human consciousness using the laws of the physical universe alone? It can happen, and it probably will. How many rational Christians will go insane because of something like that?

So long as Christians insist on finding proof of God's existence in the physical world, they will continue to suffer mental anguish.

I'm not saying that your beliefs are wrong, reverend. All I'm saying is that you must base your beliefs on faith, and faith alone, in order lead a peaceful existence on Earth. And doesn't a belief only qualify as faith in the absence of proof? If you need to have proof of God's existence in order to believe in him, then are you truly faithful?

Old 05-16-2009, 04:01 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid EH View Post
I understand what you're saying now, and it does make sense. But why must your belief in God be based upon reason? You're speaking of the nature of the human consciousness, which is still imperfectly understood by science. Because it is imperfectly understood, your beliefs currently hold a measure of validity. But what if one day, science is able to explain everything about the human consciousness using the laws of the physical universe alone? It can happen, and it probably will. How many rational Christians will go insane because of something like that?

So long as Christians insist on finding proof of God's existence in the physical world, they will continue to suffer mental anguish.

I'm not saying that your beliefs are wrong, reverend. All I'm saying is that you must base your beliefs on faith, and faith alone, in order lead a peaceful existence on Earth. And doesn't a belief only qualify as faith in the absence of proof? If you need to have proof of God's existence in order to believe in him, then are you truly faithful?
Science and religion need to come together if science needs to prove that God exists outside of the human conscience. When they meet in the middle, we will surely know peace in the world. It's not my idea, it's just the way things are. Science cannot prove God exists because, in order to do that, science would need to understand the subconscience and actually see it while God is presently communicating with that individual. We aren't ready for that and God isn't ready to show us. We need to "wake up" to the idea of spirit communication and understand it's workings for that to come about. Most of the planet is not ready, or even willing, to accept that.

Proof in the existance of God lies only with the individual. I don't need to see God physically as I have felt His presence and His Love. That is enough for me. He has also answered many of my prayers so, again, I don't need to see Him physically to know He is there. We each have a part of Him in us and it is only up to us if we want to connect to that part of Him or not. No one can prove God exists to another. It is an individual thing.

Belief and faith go hand in hand but, beliefs can still stagnate a soul if it's the wrong belief. Faith alone cannot stagnate a soul.
With this faith, I have the peace that passes all understanding. I have Love and happiness beyond measure, at least from a mortal perspective. You cannot find that believing in only one thing. When you expand your conscience to the unexplainable without trying to discover how it works and accept it as a gift, peace will come. Books can't give peace, only experience can do that.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:32 AM

42 posts, read 174,657 times
Quote:
Science and religion need to come together if science needs to prove that God exists outside of the human conscience. When they meet in the middle, we will surely know peace in the world.
Science doesn't need to prove the existence of God. And I highly doubt that God would want his existence to be proven to the living. Science and God will never meet in the middle, and I hope you can accept that. There won't be anything but positive outcomes from accepting ths. Although science and God do not explain each other, you can embrace both at the same time without fear. Science does not threaten Christianity and God's existence will never be disproven. But the rejection of science threatens Christians.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
and too much self assuredness threatens intelligence. imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism