Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 09:23 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,030,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I think you were religious, but you were never a Christian. If you were you would still be.

Likewise, I question if ma theresa ever really knew Christ.
Typical cop-out response. You know who is a christian and who is not more than they do themselves? How arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 09:23 AM

659 posts, read 1,084,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The God of the Bible is not the Author of confusion, and we are now living in the age of Grace. If I heard a voice speak to me telling me to kill someone, that would not be the God I follow, but an imposter.
How would you know? Do you only listen to the voice who tells you warm fuzzy things and to go out and proselytize every person you see? Because, I'm pretty sure that on a few occasions, your God has told people to kill people (women and babies for example). But okay, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The God of the Bible is not the Author of confusion, and we are now living in the age of Grace. If I heard a voice speak to me telling me to kill someone, that would not be the God I follow, but an imposter.
Like the imposter that told all those people in the bible to kill all those other people?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
How would you know? Do you only listen to the voice who tells you warm fuzzy things and to go out and proselytize every person you see? Because, I'm pretty sure that on a few occasions, your God has told people to kill people (women and babies for example). But okay, whatever helps you sleep at night.
There were good reason in the past why God had His people kill others which included children. And it was because the Jewish people failed to kill all those children, that many Jews died, when many of those children came of age. Yet the God of the New Testament has moved us into the age of grace. And it has nothing to do with warm fuzzy thoughts. And I would know it was not the God of the Bible, because I know His Biblical command for our time.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Like the imposter that told all those people in the bible to kill all those other people?
The Jews of that time, were living under the Old Testament Law. And God instructed His people to kill the others for defensive reasons. If they had not, it is doubtful the Jewish race would of survived. If you feel it is wrong for a man to defend himself and his family, then what can I say.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,552,296 times
Quote:
There were good reason in the past why God had His people kill others which included children. And it was because the Jewish people failed to kill all those children, that many Jews died, when many of those children came of age. Yet the God of the New Testament has moved us into the age of grace.
So you are finally admitting that your never changing god, you know the only one ever, changed from the old testament to the new? Quite a reversal for you, since you have consistantly said there is only one god and he doesn't change.

Tell us, when is change not change? Is it only with your god?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 PM

895 posts, read 2,365,835 times
Campbell still has failed to respond to my post. Maybe he/she knows this entire idea of christianity and us having to "find" god is bogus.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
I might also point out once more that Jesus allegedly stated that he didn't come to replace the old laws, so all the decidedly not-warm, un-fuzzy things in the OT are still valid in Christianity. After all, the Ten Commandments are still paramount in Christianity, thus so are all the draconian laws in Leviticus, etc. 'Grace', indeed. The god of the NT is the same god of the OT.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
The Jews of that time, were living under the Old Testament Law. And God instructed His people to kill the others for defensive reasons. If they had not, it is doubtful the Jewish race would of survived. If you feel it is wrong for a man to defend himself and his family, then what can I say.
Oh there is much more killing in the bible than self defense... I thought you read it.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:38 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
Quote:
There were good reason in the past why God had His people kill others which included children. And it was because the Jewish people failed to kill all those children, that many Jews died, when many of those children came of age. Yet the God of the New Testament has moved us into the age of grace. And it has nothing to do with warm fuzzy thoughts. And I would know it was not the God of the Bible, because I know His Biblical command for our time.

Too bad he wasn't powerful enough to protect his Chosen People from the Germans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism