Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 11:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,519 times

Advertisements

This atrocity is so widespread among the Catholic Church Empire that wikipedia even has a page dedicated to scandals by country.

Roman Catholic sex abuse cases by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 02:54 AM

18,705 posts, read 33,372,489 times
I have long wondered why, if someone has a jesus christ belief, that they would exercise that belief in the Catholic Church, which has always been more of a mafia than a spiritual enterprise, a political entity and power.
And you bishops and guys, it's a *crime*, not a sin, to the general public.+

Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,106,759 times
Default Catholic League says abuse victims are crybabies

The actual Catholic League's website graphic:

^ This was the response on the Catholic League's website, along with the amazing remark, "What a pitiful bunch of malcontents."

BOSTON VICTIMS SUMMIT BOMBS

I assume this evil, pig-headed attitude must be in light of the Belgium suicides only ~2 years ago.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:31 PM

The guy who designed my house was one of "Father" Porter's original victims- butt-raped at age 11 in a neighborhood that saw the priest as next to god. He was part of the groups bringing this to light, was featured in articles and at least one book, and is still uncomfortable among certain ages/types of white men.
One of my patients in detox was a more recent victim, who ended up killing himself.
How dare they Catholic institution say *anything* against these people.
I think children had a better chance with the Mafia.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:14 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
they probably did have a better chance at the hands of the mob.... the catholics ruined thousands and the children and grandchildren of the victims too, generations suffered...to have a mother or father who has been abused is no picnic, depending on how those people were able to live with what happened to them. they made so many victims and still do to this day. and no one would listen because the priests were next to god and bishops and so on, the pope, they all covered for the abusers, talk about hypochrits...

Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,106,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
"..saw the priest as next to god."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
talk about hypochrits...
"Whited Sepulchers"

Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
The actual Catholic League's website graphic:

^ This was the response on the Catholic League's website, along with the amazing remark, "What a pitiful bunch of malcontents."

BOSTON VICTIMS SUMMIT BOMBS

I assume this evil, pig-headed attitude must be in light of the Belgium suicides only ~2 years ago.
I had no Idea this tread was still alive. It was started in 2009 and I thought it was lucky to have survived a week back then.
The comments from the Roman Catholic Church seem to parallel some statements I have heard from members. I am sure the catholic church would like to place such a label on the victim in an effort to cut some of their capital loss. It may be their last ditch effort, but I don’t think it will work at this point.
The last Stats I saw (last week) was using the new term (None or Nones) in its survey. It covered only the US, and listed 32% who saw themselves as being in the religios None category. That was a big jump over last year’s numbers. The survey broke down which areas were losing members and the catholic church has lost the higher percentage to the non-religious or Nones.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:24 PM

In my area, there is "Voice of the Faithful," people who demand accounting of priest abuse, and "Dignity," which I think is a national organization of gay Catholics.
My first and last thought is, why bother? Why be part of something so corrupt and unwelcoming?
If the people feel Christian, there are plenty of groups who focus on that, although it doesn't seem the Catholic hierarchy is anything about the idea of Christ and is a whole lot more of fealty to the organization. Can you say "omerta?"

Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
they set up a fund now here in Belgium where victims can demand payment for pain and suffering but then you have to sign a paper that you will not partake in future lawsuits/legal action....it's a shame that they still manipulate their victims...

Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 AM

A major slush fund. Just keep tithing and putting money in that plate!
The Catholic institution is richer than most small countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism