Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times

Advertisements

Yikes! I just ventured into the "dark" side of the CD forum a/k/a Christianity.

Two minutes into reading "Why babies die...." was enough for me.....

Thanks, but no thanks!!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

Thanks, but no thanks!!
Friend, that ain't just dark, it goes way beyond dark..............

But this is also because they follow a loving deity, who does all these things for a reason, because he loves them.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:

Thanks, but no thanks!!
Oh Wow!!!! that's no place for a rational human being.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,658 times
Now you've peaked my curiosity. I must go and have a look.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Now you've peaked my curiosity. I must go and have a look.
As a firefighter and first responder I have seen bystanders stand and gawk at the carnage of some nasty traffic collisions. They stand there and vomit their guts out, but they keep gawking at the carnage. I hope you just haven't eaten

Old 08-12-2009, 09:17 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,658 times
Oh man....I think I need to sit down. Wait, I am already. I'm feeling a little strange right now, so it's hard to make head or tails of things.

*tries to be positive*

These people are gonna be responsible for the growth of atheism more than anything. I suppose that's a good thing.

Still, what in the world are they thinking

Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
sickening, I really try to have respect for people with different views and beliefs, I really do but when they call babies sinners and that's why they die...and that's just one idea they have
Tell that to a parent who just lost a baby...unbelievable...
We may need to stay away from the religious talk on CD, it's mindboggling and to think these are people who really believe this, they're not joking around about this stuff!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:

Thanks, but no thanks!!
They just decided that since I don't believe in their bible, I don't belong there. Hmmm. Course they can't decide that anyway. They have a way of not walking what they talk I guess.

You know, in my beliefs, most people who had adhered to the bible found themselves in darkness when they died. I know now why. They are always talking about the evil in the bible and never the good. Really sad. And then they wonder why people dislike their religion.

Last edited by Reverend1111; 08-13-2009 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
sickening, I really try to have respect for people with different views and beliefs, I really do but when they call babies sinners and that's why they die...and that's just one idea they have
Tell that to a parent who just lost a baby...unbelievable...
We may need to stay away from the religious talk on CD, it's mindboggling and to think these are people who really believe this, they're not joking around about this stuff!

Anybody that has ever watched a toddler throw a temper-tantrum realizes that a child is not a perfect being. We're all born selfish, self-centered wretches.

Do all babies go to heaven? I don't know. That's not for me to answer. I do know that King David was sure that he'd see his infant son in Heaven someday.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:34 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Anybody that has ever watched a toddler throw a temper-tantrum realizes that a child is not a perfect being. We're all born selfish, self-centered wretches.

Do all babies go to heaven? I don't know. That's not for me to answer. I do know that King David was sure that he'd see his infant son in Heaven someday.
Temper tantrums are usually caused by a frustrated ability to communicate. The child is unable to make his point, to relay his needs, and a tantrum is the result.

Once higher language functions are achieved with a sufficient vocabulary, tantrums go away, because the child can fulfill their needs.

As for wretchedness... speak for your own kids. Mine are quite happy and full of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism