Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 PM

193 posts, read 533,480 times

Advertisements

I am seriously thinking of becoming an atheist. I am starting to see Christianity as nothing more than complicated social rules. I really do believe that Christianity and the Bible is a main cause of my anger issues. I am tired of God playing favorites with those who are married and have children. I am starting to see Christianity as more of a crutch than anything. I don't get give you goals, plans and dreams to God. I really think with as angry as he is, he will mess them up. Seriously, is atheism worth it? It really is not worth it to court a woman, say some vows and raise a child. That to me is hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:29 PM

124 posts, read 333,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
I am seriously thinking of becoming an atheist. I am starting to see Christianity as nothing more than complicated social rules. I really do believe that Christianity and the Bible is a main cause of my anger issues. I am tired of God playing favorites with those who are married and have children. I am starting to see Christianity as more of a crutch than anything. I don't get give you goals, plans and dreams to God. I really think with as angry as he is, he will mess them up. Seriously, is atheism worth it? It really is not worth it to court a woman, say some vows and raise a child. That to me is hell.

What? I don't fully understand your post. You sound very angry. Some more specifics would help us to understand you. I'd say yes it is worth it. All that I ever got from going to church was many disappointments. So you don't ever want to get married and have kids? Nothing wrong with that man!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 PM

Christianity and God is one of the sources of my anger management problem I believe. I am starting to see that it might be a crutch from taking personal responsiblity. I refuse to do anything God tells me to do where I know I am very likely to lose my temper.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 PM

124 posts, read 333,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
Christianity and God is one of the sources of my anger management problem I believe. I am starting to see that it might be a crutch from taking personal responsiblity. I refuse to do anything God tells me to do where I know I am very likely to lose my temper.

Do you really think "god" is telling you to do anything? Or is it your church family people telling you what "god" wants you to do? I have angry church feelings too. Sounds like you need to live on the plane of reality in the real world where life happens by chance and choice and not by some mythical "force" manipulating things and events.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,392,228 times
So what exactly is it you are mad about? Something to do with women I take it.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 PM

141 posts, read 352,030 times
In my opinion the most important thing a being can do is have some common sense about what constitutes a good and decent person. No matter what you choose to believe, the fact is that relations with others must be based on mutual respect for legitimate differences as a start. Anyone who insists on allegiance to any particular "ism" simply doesn't understand the nature of human individuality. Or refuses to.

There are atheists in this world who are more likely than most to make it into the heaven they don't believe in, just as there are pious religious folks who are absolutely going to the hell they've created. Whatever you decide for yourself, make sure it's you who decides.

Except for your Mom, there isn't a person in this world you owe a damned thing to just because you exist.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM

111 posts, read 345,283 times
There's no need to be upset with it. I've been a non-practicing Christan for some time now. A lot of crap about the church organization pisses me off, but religion or lack there of is what you want it to be, not what some church or minister tells you. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 PM

I just don't like the idea of having to talk to God every day. I am not that kind of person who needs a relationship with someone to talk to every day.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 PM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
You need to understand that atheism is not a choice....You either believe in god or you don't. An Atheist leads the same sort of life as anyone else, just minus the god stuff.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Christianity is too complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism