Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times

Advertisements

Fascinating stuff. Thanks so much for sharing this information with us.
Amongst the signs of a great mind are not only the ability to think outside the box but also having the courage to stand firmly about what you believe in, especially when what you believe is at odds with almost everyone else.
By the sounds of it this guy was well respected and somewhat influential and renowned in his own time. I wonder why we have never heard of him? Really odd. I guess he just faded into the mists of time.
I'll certainly be buying this book. Sounds like a really good read. I'd be interested to find out what his early influences were: who were his parents, what brought him to be an atheist, and so on.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 06:49 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Hmmmm.....I wonder if anyone will know who The Beatles are hundreds of years from now
I'd say definitely yes. I'm a born and bred Liverpuddlian. Even now, wherever I am in the world, when I tell people where I'm from, the reaction is still always "ah...Beatles..."

Old 07-31-2014, 01:48 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomTooth 359 View Post
It's funny how he was the same age as Nietzche when he died .
Yep, the faulty human psychology does want to just instinctively to numerology. Have you heard of the 27-club?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:14 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Re: ...'the Beatles a hundred years from now'...

I predict the first few notes of 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' will have iconic status
just like Ludwig's Fifth...;-)....working 'eight days a week' sure gets ya heard for a long long time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism