Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,545 times

Advertisements

30 pounds of pot found inside pictures of Jesus - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 10:36 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times

Old 02-10-2010, 11:33 PM

694 posts, read 1,232,788 times
And the religious or philosophical significance of that fact is?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
None. But it is good for a chuckle.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 AM

310 posts, read 589,137 times
Quote:
it's as relevant as any post about pareidolia. After all, jesus in a pancake or mary in a grilled cheese sandwich aren't any different than pot found in a jesus pix.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,545 times
Quote:
That forum is next door. I think you made that wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,632 times
LOL, I've always thought the personality as depicted in the bible seemed like a stoner.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:10 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Whoever was doing the smuggling must have thought that something religious would receive less scrutiny from law enforcement. They're always trying to think of ingenious ways to deceive the police or divert attention from themselves. If I was a smuggler (not that I'd ever want to be) I'd try one of two tactics. I would either tether a submerged package beneath a boat that could be disconnected and drop to the bottom of the ocean when the DEA approached me with their vessel or I would invest in a mini-sub that could slowly cross the border underwater near the ocean floor without attracting the attention of observers looking for boats. Geez, I should have become a criminal.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:48 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,343 times
funny...I think it's up there with the toasted virgin and jesus up a tree...or on the wall..yep, nice!

Old 02-12-2010, 05:05 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Whoever was doing the smuggling must have thought that something religious would receive less scrutiny from law enforcement. They're always trying to think of ingenious ways to deceive the police or divert attention from themselves. If I was a smuggler (not that I'd ever want to be) I'd try one of two tactics. I would either tether a submerged package beneath a boat that could be disconnected and drop to the bottom of the ocean when the DEA approached me with their vessel or I would invest in a mini-sub that could slowly cross the border underwater near the ocean floor without attracting the attention of observers looking for boats. Geez, I should have become a criminal.
They must have a few of those non religious drug dogs. I think the drug smuggles have tried everything. In the 70’s, when I lived on the coast there were times when bales would wash up on the beach. News papers said the smugglers threw them overboard when they knew they had been spotted. Planes would land new highway construction sections, would unload and just walk away from the plane. I saw one bust in Coastal Carolina where a freighter had backed up to a bank and started to unload one night only to get caught. I think it was 40 tons of grass. Now smuggling seems to have shifted away from the coast, and to our land boarders.
In the US I think they listen for subs with underwater sensors, so you might get a very unwanted meeting if you tried to slip in under water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism