Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM

135 posts, read 475,472 times

Advertisements

I bought a Red Velvet cupcake from The Fresh Market on Peachtree St a few months ago and was thoroughly surprised at how good it was. I normally stay away from such store bakery items because in past I've always found them to be, as you stated, "a tad bit dry." But this cake was moist and delicious. The frosting was creamy, fresh and the perfect amount. I can't remember how much it cost but I can tell you for me it was worth every penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,522,877 times
Default McEntyre's Bakery

I didn't get a chance to read through the thread to see if anyone else said them already, but, especially for red velvet, you gotta check out McEntyre's Bakery in Smyrna. This place is awesome...I used red velvet for my groom's cake and it blew the actually wedding cake (from somewhere else) out of the water! No one could get enough of it.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 AM

4,191 posts, read 4,704,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post
I agree about West Egg. Some inventive and tasty cupcakes, but sometimes they seem weirdly dry! We should nudge them to do some quality control on the moisture or something. (I quite liked the Cherry Coke cupcake I had there once....)
I know right? I always nuke mine in the microwave for about 7-8 seconds and it's usually jussssst right

Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollyoncruiser View Post
I bought a Red Velvet cupcake from The Fresh Market on Peachtree St a few months ago and was thoroughly surprised at how good it was. I normally stay away from such store bakery items because in past I've always found them to be, as you stated, "a tad bit dry." But this cake was moist and delicious. The frosting was creamy, fresh and the perfect amount. I can't remember how much it cost but I can tell you for me it was worth every penny.

^That is surprising because I usually don't like baked goods from places like Fresh Market or Whole Foods. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE Whole Foods! But I just can't get with their cakes, for instance. They always seem to lack flavor and look wayyyy better than they taste. So maybe I'll give Fresh Market a try.

I couldn't make it to A Piece of Cake yesterday! They close at 5:30 and I got there at 5:31 I'll try again another day...

Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 AM

110 posts, read 245,485 times
Camicakes in Buckhead has great Red Velvet and Carrot Cake cupkaes, but the sweet potato is incredible.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlyoungin View Post
Camicakes in Buckhead has great Red Velvet and Carrot Cake cupkaes, but the sweet potato is incredible.
I like their sweet potato, but honestly atlyoungin, their red velvet was one of the most dry cupcakes I've ever had. Maybe it was an off day, but the ones at West Egg are way better for sure...

Old 06-15-2010, 01:24 PM

188 posts, read 592,861 times
The best cupcakes I've ever had were made by a woman named Sarah from divinecupcakes.com. She makes them in her home, and if you live in Johns Creek, delivery is free.

Her red velvet cupcake is the best I've ever tasted. She also has some very interesting flavors. All made from scratch in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta