Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:49 AM

19 posts, read 64,747 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Atlanta and couldn't find a real farmer's market type store(like Sprouts in Texas) in Atlanta(I live in Doraville/OTP North area).

There is a farmer's market store by Buford Highway nearby but it's more like an international bazaar than a real farmer's market.

Basically, I'm looking for things like fresh vegetables/fruits at prices better than local Wal-Mart and also for items like stevia.

HELP!

Thanks. John in Doraville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,027 times
I find the produce prices at the Buford Highway Farmers Market to be much better then your local grocery chains BUT most consider Dekalb Farmers Market - Decatur, GA to be the best organic, healthy farmers market in the area.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
I find the produce prices at the Buford Highway Farmers Market to be much better then your local grocery chains BUT most consider Dekalb Farmers Market - Decatur, GA to be the best organic, healthy farmers market in the area.
Is there a grocery store which is like Whole Foods market, but not as expensive? Also, carry items like stevia, almond milk, jams made w/o sugar or artificial sugar substitute?

THANKS!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Nuts 'N Berries, Natural Foods Store & Café would be close to you for natural food items.

Also I would give Peachtree Road Farmers Market a try.

Trader Joe's carries a nice selection of items too.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:25 AM

1,320 posts, read 4,273,331 times
Chamblee has just started a new Saturday farmer's market as well, which should be pretty convenient for you.

Chamblee Farmers Market

Of course, the farmer's markets are not necessarily known for the lowest prices, but if you're willing to pay a fair price to get high quality produce farmed locally, then there's no better way to go.

My favorite local farmer's markets are:

Peachtree Road Farmers Market (FABULOUS!!!)

Decatur Farmers Market (now twice a week!)

I haven't tried the Chamblee market yet -- I believe it had its grand opening last Saturday -- but it's going to be one of the most convenient for you.

As far as grocery stores, the Whole Foods in Sandy Springs is my favorite in the city.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Nuts 'N Berries, Natural Foods Store & Café would be close to you for natural food items.

Also I would give Peachtree Road Farmers Market a try.

Trader Joe's carries a nice selection of items too.
GC, thanks for headsup. Will check out TJ and NNB/NNSC/PRFM.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
N, I'll check out DFM. Thanks!--j

Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinvisibleheart View Post
Is there a grocery store which is like Whole Foods market, but not as expensive? Also, carry items like stevia, almond milk, jams made w/o sugar or artificial sugar substitute?

THANKS!
These are small independent health food type stores.

Sevananda - Home Page (http://www.sevananda.coop/retailer/store_templates/shell_id_1.asp?storeID=C5G13S77A6GB8P0JT1P2Q4XBHR8 BFXX2 - broken link)

Rainbow Natural Foods in Atlanta

Return To Eden - Atlanta, GA

Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
These are small independent health food type stores.

Sevananda - Home Page (http://www.sevananda.coop/retailer/store_templates/shell_id_1.asp?storeID=C5G13S77A6GB8P0JT1P2Q4XBHR8 BFXX2 - broken link)

Rainbow Natural Foods in Atlanta

Return To Eden - Atlanta, GA
will check them out, but usu. prices/selection in small stores tend to be not as good as large chain stores like Sprouts. I noticed that small farmers' market type stand in Atlanta metro often have prices very close to that of Wal-Mart/Sam's Club/COSTCO.

THANKS!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Chamblee has just started a new Saturday farmer's market as well, which should be pretty convenient for you.

Chamblee Farmers Market

Of course, the farmer's markets are not necessarily known for the lowest prices, but if you're willing to pay a fair price to get high quality produce farmed locally, then there's no better way to go.

My favorite local farmer's markets are:

Peachtree Road Farmers Market (FABULOUS!!!)

Decatur Farmers Market (now twice a week!)

I haven't tried the Chamblee market yet -- I believe it had its grand opening last Saturday -- but it's going to be one of the most convenient for you.

As far as grocery stores, the Whole Foods in Sandy Springs is my favorite in the city.
will check those places out. I preferred Sprouts over WF in DFW metro because prices for WF was simply too high($20-$30 grocery shopping could easily turn out to be several hundred dollars in WF), but thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta