U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
858 posts, read 492,722 times
Reputation: 697
I have no idea what you guys are on about, mine went from $0.15/kWh in May to $0.14/kWh in June with all the fees and everything. However, it has been extremely hot and sunny lately so I used a lot more power than usual, consequently my bill went up. The national average is what, $0.12 or something BEFORE fees? I don't see a problem here
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2011, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
9,913 posts, read 14,197,464 times
Reputation: 2733
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
I have no idea what you guys are on about, mine went from $0.15/kWh in May to $0.14/kWh in June with all the fees and everything. However, it has been extremely hot and sunny lately so I used a lot more power than usual, consequently my bill went up. The national average is what, $0.12 or something BEFORE fees? I don't see a problem here
Interesting. Greystone EMC is $0.0740 per kWh for the first 650 kWh, $0.0970 per kWh for the next 350, and $0.1080 per kWh thereafter.

Source: http://www.greystonepower.com/Upload...02011%2006.pdf
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM
 
1,665 posts, read 1,121,546 times
Reputation: 835
Speaking of high energy bills...




Cable and DVR boxes use more electricity than refrigerator | The Biz Beat
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 AM
 
8 posts, read 7,015 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Has anyone had their bill jump from 80$ to 316 and next month to 690$ When they don't run the damn AC till 9 at night, and have it set at 80 until 8am?!?!?!??!?! up yours ga power!!!!!
See, you're the problem. You don't know how to run your AC properly. Stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for yourself. You can't have the AC at 80 and then all of a sudden at night turn it down. It will be on for hours on end trying to cool your house. It's supposed to turn on occasionally to cool and circulate the air in the house. I bet you close off vents in the house too! Don't do that. Also make sure none of the vents are pointed straight down. Point them in an angle, it helps with the circulation. Also do you have any ceiling fans? If you don't, I recommend you install some and use them. Make sure you check all your windows to make sure they are properly sealed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
 
Location: East Side of ATL
2,665 posts, read 2,976,455 times
Reputation: 858
Bill went from $102 to $201. Not that much of a jump. About 0.0716 a hour.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 AM
 
1,596 posts, read 1,549,128 times
Reputation: 904
my georgia power bill actually surprised me ...it went down...oh well im not happy unless it -$0-
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Georgia
2,270 posts, read 1,256,391 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
I heard about that, but I'm not seeing how. If I could get a hold of the number of watts that typical refrigerators use vs DVR boxes, I could see how often the fridge would have to run for this claim to add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
See, you're the problem. You don't know how to run your AC properly. Stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for yourself. You can't have the AC at 80 and then all of a sudden at night turn it down. It will be on for hours on end trying to cool your house. It's supposed to turn on occasionally to cool and circulate the air in the house. I bet you close off vents in the house too! Don't do that. Also make sure none of the vents are pointed straight down. Point them in an angle, it helps with the circulation. Also do you have any ceiling fans? If you don't, I recommend you install some and use them. Make sure you check all your windows to make sure they are properly sealed.
Actually, it's a myth that the A/C has to work harder if it hasn't been on all day. A compressor has only two speeds, on and off. Running it more during the daytime works it more, not less. That being said, anyone who sets the A/C lower at night should probably wait at least until the sun sets, maybe later.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2011, 04:22 PM
 
1 posts, read 998 times
Reputation: 10
We need competition in this state. It's time to push Ga Power out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Georgia
2,270 posts, read 1,256,391 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jssmithdo View Post
We need competition in this state. It's time to push Ga Power out.
How'd that work for the state of Texas?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM
 
1,596 posts, read 1,549,128 times
Reputation: 904
I think georgia power has this state on lock-down
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top