U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2010, 07:29 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,753,385 times
Has anyone else just been lurking here, reading this thread, and finding the whole thing hilarious? I have nothing to contribute, as I don't follow the fashion scene; I mean, I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts I probably bought at Target (I mean "Tar-jhay")...but I can't look away!

Ducking back out, now... it's a good read, though!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 08:23 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,612,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
What a way with words, huh Grindin?
You comment on my behavior, then when I elaborate on it; you don't know what I'm talking a about. Point is, some Atlanta posters will argue to the death (wrong or right) that Atlanta has any flaws or short comings what so ever. Most people just concede so that they'll shut up. I don't concede unless I'm wrong.

No Grindin I'm not referring to just this thread, but this whole Texas vs. Atlanta circle that's been going around and around forever now. You made the comment that it's childish/becoming childish. Like I said you didn't help when you and Mikeandwhaterver and whoever else desided to come to another forum and comment on the Texas posters. That's as highschool as it gets buddy. As far as your observations, I didn't overlook anything. I'm mainly addressing you feeling the need to pull me out, when you're doing exactly what you accuse me of. As much as I've posted and agreed with you, I'd really come to expect you as one of the few "good" posters; but the way you act when you get around the "ATLiens" and on the GA forum is like straight high school crap. Like I said, don't do me.

-------------------

I don't even know why this goes this far? I don't why i'm stupid enough to take it this far. It's a forum people, it's not even real.
I will agree that the people that came in and made remarks about how the Texas posters shouldn't make any comments in an Atlanta forum were wrong. They're just as entitled to their opinion as the Atlanta posters are. I go to the Texas forums and have my say every once in awhile.

I will admit that my response was a bit harsh, but you must understand how irritating this is to come in here on and see a thread turn into this petty crap yet again. I will say the Texas posters were only bitching about the Atlanta posters because a few Atlanta posters got out of hand and started bitching about the Texas posters, but everyone ran with it and all hell broke loose. We have all taken turns.

And it's pretty rare that I "get together" with the GA posters to gang up on the Texans, so "don't do me" either. I'm not even from here, and I usually try to stay neutral, or try not to get into the fray. My whole point all along is that everyone has a hand in this. If you want to just only call out the Atlanta posters, that's on you.

I'm pretty sure the Texan posters wouldn't like it if posters from Atlanta came into their threads talking crazy, and rightfully so.

It's obvious that we won't be seeing this situation eye-to-eye, and we're seeing this from two different perspectives and we're going nowhere fast. So how about we just agree to disagree and move the hell on?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,428,728 times
what did i miss....y'all better not be saying nothing about me

Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,113,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Speaking for myself.Im not angry.I don't know you to be angry.All i can remark on is what you say.I dont know if you are racist.I try very hard to not think people (especially under 40) are racist.Yet based on your statements ,you are very ignorant.That I can forgive if you are willing to admit that you may have misspoke.But I have not heard you defend any thing you have been called out on.

As far as Fashion Week-Atlanta has 2 big ones and they have been around as early as 2006.Kenneth Cole (went to college at Emory)is one of its past contributors.Mychael Knight ,Project Runway Designer is also very active in it.

Haute'Atlanta and Fashion Week Atlanta:

YouTube - Models & Moguls Presents Atlanta International Fashion Week 2009

One indicator of knowing how big then industry is by looking to see what modeling agenies are represented there.Google this "modeling agecies in atlanta".then Dallas for Dallas.
Elite
The William Reynolds Agency
Clique
all have offices in Atlanta.Why is that relevant?What models do you think Dolce and Gabanna want their clothes to be shown on?Etlite Atlanta or "Dallas Chicken and Waffles and Models"?

You admitted how you knew nothing of Atlanta Fashion Week but thats not the first time you have said some things that you have spoke on with your "opinions". as if you knew so much about the city.
HAHA was that first video "Models & Moguls" a joke? lol I had to send that to my friend it was hilarious. Obviously, I didnt hear about Atlanta fashion week from word of mouth there was like 20 people in that crowd and the looks of the people viewing the models didnt look like they have a clue of how to dress themselves! Honestly, I haven't seen one thing that proves Atlanta is more fashion forward than Dallas, that's not being argumentative. Those fashion show vids from ATL are pretty sorry. I know you guys hate to hear that but I mean come on! With no one able to provide any solid proof and the fact that Dallas offers a much wider range of upscale shopping, I'll stick with my original vote for Dallas.
And "Chicken and Waffles Models" in Dallas? ummm... if I just said that about Atlanta I would be getting my head ripped off. How about Kim Dawson Agency in Dallas? Ever heard of that one? Its one of the top agencies in the country. http://www.kimdawsonagency.com/models_about_us

Here's the Dallas list that popped up on my search
http://www.bobpardue.com/model/agenc.../tx-dallas.htm
no Chicken and Waffles here. Speaking of Chicken and Waffles theres some pretty good C&W joints around the ATL. mmmmm

Last edited by R1070; 07-15-2010 at 10:44 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 PM

4,236 posts, read 5,658,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I will agree that the people that came in and made remarks about how the Texas posters shouldn't make any comments in an Atlanta forum were wrong. They're just as entitled to their opinion as the Atlanta posters are. I go to the Texas forums and have my say every once in awhile.

I will admit that my response was a bit harsh, but you must understand how irritating this is to come in here on and see a thread turn into this petty crap yet again. I will say the Texas posters were only bitching about the Atlanta posters because a few Atlanta posters got out of hand and started bitching about the Texas posters, but everyone ran with it and all hell broke loose. We have all taken turns.

And it's pretty rare that I "get together" with the GA posters to gang up on the Texans, so "don't do me" either. I'm not even from here, and I usually try to stay neutral, or try not to get into the fray. My whole point all along is that everyone has a hand in this. If you want to just only call out the Atlanta posters, that's on you.

I'm pretty sure the Texan posters wouldn't like it if posters from Atlanta came into their threads talking crazy, and rightfully so.

It's obvious that we won't be seeing this situation eye-to-eye, and we're seeing this from two different perspectives and we're going nowhere fast. So how about we just agree to disagree and move the hell on?
Agreed. As of now we're really saying almost the same thing, just on different sides anyway.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 AM

8,011 posts, read 7,007,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
HAHA was that first video "Models & Moguls" a joke? lol I had to send that to my friend it was hilarious. Obviously, I didnt hear about Atlanta fashion week from word of mouth there was like 20 people in that crowd and the looks of the people viewing the models didnt look like they have a clue of how to dress themselves! Honestly, I haven't seen one thing that proves Atlanta is more fashion forward than Dallas, that's not being argumentative. Those fashion show vids from ATL are pretty sorry. I know you guys hate to hear that but I mean come on! With no one able to provide any solid proof and the fact that Dallas offers a much wider range of upscale shopping, I'll stick with my original vote for Dallas.
And "Chicken and Waffles Models" in Dallas? ummm... if I just said that about Atlanta I would be getting my head ripped off. How about Kim Dawson Agency in Dallas? Ever heard of that one? Its one of the top agencies in the country. Kim Dawson Agency

Find a Model Agency in Dallas Texas
no Chicken and Waffles here. Speaking of Chicken and Waffles theres some pretty good C&W joints around the ATL. mmmmm

If you knew anything about Fashion Week<you would know that there are multiple shows put on by different designers and production companies.Model and Moguls is just one that represents a segment one that actually.It was a packed event.What you saw was a practice run before the show.Beleive what you want.Anyway if you like to remain ignorant its on you but you already even said yourself that Dallas only recently started doing this in only the last couple of years.i know good and well you saw all the post on Youtube about Atlanta Fashion Week.Many of them just like the one you posted.I see you had nothing to say about the one OMG2010 posted.I don't need to keep posting videos.

You really think you provided a great list of modelling agencies?Kim Dawson is mainy a regional agency.It even says this in its own website:
Quote:
For over forty years, the Kim Dawson Agency has been the premiere agency in the Southwest.
SOme type of world reknowned agency!SOUTHWESTwest?LOL

Try Click:CLICK Models
Notice how it has offices in multiple locations and clients that are very well known:
Quote:
Many of the world’s most famous faces such as Isabella Rossellini, Uma Thurman, Whitney Houston, Elle MacPherson and Grace Jones have been represented by Click

Oh and by the way here is my friend Michael Sibila who is a Click Model.

Michael does work all over the world constantly and is on the verge of blowing up even further.

How about Atlanta native represented by Elite/Factor Women.Who is the fist woman of South Asian decent to grace this years cover of Sports Illustrated Swisuit Edition?Sonia Dara - 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit - SI.com

Kim Dawson who?

By the way I never said Atlanta was greater .I answered people who were saying "hands down Dallas".I was fine with saying that the reputation of each cities are about on par with each other. The only thing that I do say is that Atlanta's scene is growing at a much more rapid pace.A lot has to do with all the production of movies and videos constantly filming in the city like Vampire Diaries" and "Drop Dead Diva".I see Atlanta at its present pace on par with at least Miami in a very short time in the Fashion Industry.

I admit that there are no hard core numbers but of all this industry stuff that YOU even agreed Dallas does not have yet you want hang on to your belief that Dallas wins hands down based on what?Neimans?The fact that you skipped all my other post about you getting caught in your lies and once again tried to change the argument means that you are powerless to defend what you cannot logically defend.So whats next?You want to talk about how you cannot read my post because my sentence structure is not up to par again?Oh that's right you tried that a while back before you disappeared for awhile.
I am trying very hard to keep it civil with you but your character (or lack of)is really showing in you post.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 AM

Atlanta Fashion Week(Face book):
The fourth annual Atlanta International Fashion Week has doubled its efforts to bridge the gap and connect continents with fashion and entertainment. This year’s event boasts 50 designers, 12 runway shows, 6 Celebrity Events, 4 fashion workshops, 2 trunk shows all in one week – July 13-18, 2010.

14,681 members on their site on facebook
Atlanta International Fashion Week | Facebook

Dallas High Fashion week?
1,227 members
The site is PATHETIC.Does this really look like a big event?
Welcome to Facebook

Dude/dudette..How much more do you need?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:30 AM

472 posts, read 412,137 times
[quote=R1070;15061390]HAHA was that first video "Models & Moguls" a joke? lol I had to send that to my friend it was hilarious. Obviously, I didnt hear about Atlanta fashion week from word of mouth there was like 20 people in that crowd and the looks of the people viewing the models didnt look like they have a clue of how to dress themselves! Honestly, I haven't seen one thing that proves Atlanta is more fashion forward than Dallas, that's not being argumentative. Those fashion show vids from ATL are pretty sorry. I know you guys hate to hear that but I mean come on! With no one able to provide any solid proof and the fact that Dallas offers a much wider range of upscale shopping, I'll stick with my original vote for Dallas.
And "Chicken and Waffles Models" in Dallas? ummm... if I just said that about Atlanta I would be getting my head ripped off. How about Kim Dawson Agency in Dallas? Ever heard of that one? Its one of the top agencies in the country. Kim Dawson Agency

no Chicken and Waffles here. Speaking of Chicken and Waffles theres some pretty good C&W joints around the ATL. mmmmm[/QUO

If you knew anything you would know that this was a practice run threw it's a show that countless designers and celebs attend.. You didn't even say anything about the video I posted.. I'll post more fashion shows from around Atlanta that are upscale... You evidentally didn't live a very diverse lifestyle while u were in Atlanta.. You have a very shady perception of what u seem to
think Atlanta was when u lived here.. Some of your post are very ignorant and
very uninformed... I can probably show u somethings in Atlanta that u
probably don't even know about and I don't even live in Atlanta.. Just here till
until November , vafter the taping of the soul train music awards is over.. If u stay out the punk bar u will learn somethings..

Last edited by OMG2010; 07-16-2010 at 03:50 AM..

Old 07-16-2010, 11:13 AM

[quote=OMG2010;15062573]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post

no Chicken and Waffles here. Speaking of Chicken and Waffles theres some pretty good C&W joints around the ATL. mmmmm[/QUO

If you knew anything you would know that this was a practice run threw it's a show that countless designers and celebs attend.. You didn't even say anything about the video I posted.. I'll post more fashion shows from around Atlanta that are upscale... You evidentally didn't live a very diverse lifestyle while u were in Atlanta.. You have a very shady perception of what u seem to
think Atlanta was when u lived here.. Some of your post are very ignorant and
very uninformed... I can probably show u somethings in Atlanta that u
probably don't even know about and I don't even live in Atlanta.. Just here till
until November , vafter the taping of the soul train music awards is over.. If u stay out the punk bar u will learn somethings..
This is the thing.I lived in Texas on and off for several years.Ive gotten to know it well enough to make a somewhat informed opinion of it.I had a really bad illegal search with a Texas patrol officer coming back from Dallas to Witchita Falls where I was stationed at the time.Witcita Falls was to say the least not exactly a hopping town.Most people hated it.Even there I found it still interesting enough to divorce the bad from the good.I never made blanket statement saying Texas is racist,boring and dull place.in fact of all my travels I usually can find something that makes that place special.In W.F.,it was the old architecture of the rundown building from its heydays as a old oil boom town that went bust.So I went to the historical society there and learned more about how the city used to be in its booom days.I became educated about a place that I was forced to be in,and in doing so ,I realized it was not that bad.
@R1070
There is hardly a place on this planet that I have been that I can say I just find it that bad where I have to go out of my way to try and defame the entire place and its people for choosing to be there.Its very rude,disrespectful and quite frankly shows a very low self esteem for having to LEAVE a place that was not for you but then go OUT OF your way to make sure everyone you meet feel the same.As if you need validation of your choices.Is that why you felt the need to inform us that YOUR friends friends have all left to.(I suppose cause you were not there anymore )

Iits really become very obvious as to why you really dislike Atlanta.You know what,thats cool.That's your opinion.Everythang ain't for everybody".I just hope that you stop and think for a moment that quite possibly YOU cut yourself off from enjoying Atlanta when you were here because of a some bad things.Instead of finding enough positives that suited you while you were here,you just became so negative that you missed out on the truly beautiful things Atlanta does have to offer.Things that (based on the several time I and other posters have corrected you and showed you)that you thought you knew but indeed ,you really did NOT know.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,113,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
If you knew anything about Fashion Week<you would know that there are multiple shows put on by different designers and production companies.Model and Moguls is just one that represents a segment one that actually.It was a packed event.What you saw was a practice run before the show.Beleive what you want.Anyway if you like to remain ignorant its on you but you already even said yourself that Dallas only recently started doing this in only the last couple of years.i know good and well you saw all the post on Youtube about Atlanta Fashion Week.Many of them just like the one you posted.I see you had nothing to say about the one OMG2010 posted.I don't need to keep posting videos.

You really think you provided a great list of modelling agencies?Kim Dawson is mainy a regional agency.It even says this in its own website:SOme type of world reknowned agency!SOUTHWESTwest?LOL

Try Click:CLICK Models
Notice how it has offices in multiple locations and clients that are very well known:.

Oh and by the way here is my friend Michael Sibila who is a Click Model.

Michael does work all over the world constantly and is on the verge of blowing up even further.

How about Atlanta native represented by Elite/Factor Women.Who is the fist woman of South Asian decent to grace this years cover of Sports Illustrated Swisuit Edition?Sonia Dara - 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit - SI.com

Kim Dawson who?

By the way I never said Atlanta was greater .I answered people who were saying "hands down Dallas".I was fine with saying that the reputation of each cities are about on par with each other. The only thing that I do say is that Atlanta's scene is growing at a much more rapid pace.A lot has to do with all the production of movies and videos constantly filming in the city like Vampire Diaries" and "Drop Dead Diva".I see Atlanta at its present pace on par with at least Miami in a very short time in the Fashion Industry.

I admit that there are no hard core numbers but of all this industry stuff that YOU even agreed Dallas does not have yet you want hang on to your belief that Dallas wins hands down based on what?Neimans?The fact that you skipped all my other post about you getting caught in your lies and once again tried to change the argument means that you are powerless to defend what you cannot logically defend.So whats next?You want to talk about how you cannot read my post because my sentence structure is not up to par again?Oh that's right you tried that a while back before you disappeared for awhile.
I am trying very hard to keep it civil with you but your character (or lack of)is really showing in you post.
This is all a little far fetched don't you think? The "CLICK" models link provided shows its not an Atlanta agency, they have a branch there. Kim Dawson is a Dallas agency and is one of the most known in the U.S., There are quite a bit of shows and movies that get filmed in Dallas as of recently as well. Hollywood is choosing to shoot in other locations across the country. Beyond Neiman Marcus, the stores that Dallas doesnt have can most likely be found in Houston, certain designers don't like to over extend their labels, especially in the same state, that was my point.

I'm not here to argue with you. I have never ever critqued anyones sentence structure here, that must have been someone else, so that statement is "lies". I have posted my personal opinion of the situation as most people do. However, you and some other Atlanta posters have chosen to stoop to a level to refer to me as "ignorant", a liar and insinuated that my posts have racist undertones. This is all very offensive and has brought down the quality of this thread. I am being attacked here for some reason beyond me. I have never said any of my statements are fact, just my opinion from personal experiences. I have never once personally attacked anyone on here.

Last edited by R1070; 07-16-2010 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta