Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:58 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,075 times

Advertisements

is it lindbergh or somewhere in the buckhead area? I also would like one with parking nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 05:21 PM

937 posts, read 926,834 times
HE Holmes is the closest to me. I live on the south side of smyrna, near the intersection of East-West Connect and S. Cobb. Here's a map:
MARTA > Schedules & Maps > Interactive System Map

Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,612 times
Bankhead station is really the closest. However, Sandy Springs or Roswell Rd Buckhead stations are the closest stations you would probably want to go to.

However, you can take CCT from Cumberland to MARTA.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
The key is - where do you want to take MARTA to?

IMO, it would be Lindbergh, particularly if you are headed to Midtown or even to the Airport (no switching lines).

Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 AM

890 posts, read 1,649,075 times
okay, thanks! I was just kind of curious as to which one was closer in general.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:07 AM

10 posts, read 33,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
The key is - where do you want to take MARTA to?

IMO, it would be Lindbergh, particularly if you are headed to Midtown or even to the Airport (no switching lines).
Hi - is there free parking at the Lindbergh station? If not, how much does it cost to park there per day? Thanks.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:49 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
is it lindbergh or somewhere in the buckhead area? I also would like one with parking nearby.
I'm pretty sure you already know the closest stop is behind Cumberland Mall where things transfer from CCT to MARTA.

i think the closest MARTA Station where you can Park and Ride is Lindbergh, which is how it became my favorite. You don't even have to get on the freeway if you don't want to. Just head south on 41 (yeah, I know I'm being hypocrite right now using cardinal directions lol), drive through a few a lights, make a left and you're there. I personally like to make a left on W. Wesley, right on Peachtree, and then left on Lindbergh.

I don't know where the one is on Bankhead though so depending on your starting point, it could be closer but I doubt it. And the number of times I have taken Atlanta Road to get to the GWCC and the Dome, you'd think I'd have seen it once but stranger things have happened. Anyway, I don't think so and traffic will be worse.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago35 View Post
Hi - is there free parking at the Lindbergh station? If not, how much does it cost to park there per day? Thanks.
There's tons of parking at Lindbergh and it's only $8 a day. A pretty good bargain in today's world.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
H.E holmes

Old 02-08-2014, 11:59 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
There's tons of parking at Lindbergh and it's only $8 a day. A pretty good bargain in today's world.
You can park for free at Lindbergh as a MARTA rider as long as you park only on the designated levels and get your ticket validated before you leave the station.

To the OP. There is no MARTA station close. And depending on where you are trying to get, there's no CCT or MARTA bus to connect to in Smyrna once you leave the Cumberland Mall station. I worked two jobs in Cobb County without a car--one in Mableton and one in Smyra and it was hell trying to get to work. I ended up quitting both jobs.

The coverage between MARTA and CCT is so poor that if you have a car, you may as well just drive it. If you mean as far as getting to the train, as already mentioned, H.E. Holmes is the closest one, or you can take the CCT #10 to the Arts Center station from Cumberland Mall. The CCT #10 is pretty quick, as once it gets off Northside to enter I-75, it only takes a few minutes to get to Arts Center station.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 02-08-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta