U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,347,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Kanye West Biography - Biography.com

Kanye was born here....

There are terrible artist from your city...

Until your city has more hits records on the charts than Atlanta you cant talk
i know kanye west was born in atlanta, but that doesn't make him from there. where you are raised is where you're from. chicago is where he was raised and formed his identity as a person

and however many hit records "my city" has on the charts has absolutely nothing to do with my understanding of QUALITY music. but it's clear that you associate quality with popularity

Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,405,069 times
^^^Your are from Texas so your opinion on Hip Hop doesnt matter

Old 07-13-2010, 03:28 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,899,233 times
Quote:
Until your city has more hits records on the charts than Atlanta you cant talk
Popular doesn't always mean good.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:37 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,347,280 times
Quote:
^^^Your are from Texas so your opinion on Hip Hop doesnt matter
please. UGK and the geto boys opened the door for southern rap, so don't even get started. many of atlanta's most popular rappers cite them as major influences. including tip

besides, beyonce is far more of a superstar with more worldwide fame than any ten of the artists you named from atlanta, and i don't have to tell you where she's from, do i?....since we wanna play that game

Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,922,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Popular doesn't always mean good.
Thank you!!!!!!.....all of these popular songs and artists have having a hard time selling cds and even harder time selling tickets for their tours. How many of the top 10 are canceling shows from their tours? Guess the popular music aint that popular after all. Obviously the music needs alot more saving.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i know kanye west was born in atlanta, but that doesn't make him from there. where you are raised is where you're from. chicago is where he was raised and formed his identity as a person

and however many hit records "my city" has on the charts has absolutely nothing to do with my understanding of QUALITY music. but it's clear that you associate quality with popularity
Agree on everything!!!!
Being born somewhere and being from their are 2 totally different things. Kayne will never claim GA so they should stop while they are ahead lol

Old 07-13-2010, 04:18 PM

657 posts, read 1,280,500 times
wow. ghetto trash vs trailer trash. is that really something to be proud of?

Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM

142 posts, read 295,527 times
Quote:
1st....Kanye was BORN in Atlanta. That means at birth he had an advantage of producing great music just from being here

2nd....to the haters, I can guarentee your city isnt on that list as much as Atlanta.....until then your comments do not mean anything

Thanks!

If you are basing this off of the location where those artist were BORN then:

Usher was born in Dallas, TX
Soulja Boy - Chicago, Ill
Ludacris - Champaign, Ill
Ciara - Texas somewhere (I think Austin or Houston)
The Dream - Somewhere in North Carolina

Monica is the only one that was BORN in ATL. I was born and raised in ATL so I follow the hip hop artists in the area.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by md911 View Post
If you are basing this off of the location where those artist were BORN then:

Usher was born in Dallas, TX
Soulja Boy - Chicago, Ill
Ludacris - Champaign, Ill
Ciara - Texas somewhere (I think Austin or Houston)
The Dream - Somewhere in North Carolina

Monica is the only one that was BORN in ATL. I was born and raised in ATL so I follow the hip hop artists in the area.
LMAO..........I know right!!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM

472 posts, read 661,415 times
OH lord Here it goes... ANother thread thats abotu to turn into a Houston vs Atlanta thread on music.. Tony georgia you could have left the smart comments out.. Anyway Atlanta is a great area if u are wanting to enter into the music buisness.. Countless artist come thru Atlanta to record ,produce or work within the industry... Every Monday night it's red carpet Mondays at Justins in Buckhead where producers writers etc meet it's a great networking event... There are notable artist that are from Atlanta including rock country hip hop and r&b... Alot of artist move from there birth towns to come to Ga to persue there career

Last edited by OMG2010; 07-13-2010 at 06:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or