Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:27 PM

214 posts, read 1,975,566 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone could name some nice subdivisions in Peachtree City in the $200K-$300K range. I'd like to have an idea of subdivisions to look at when we go to look at buying a home there.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 04:41 PM

196 posts, read 730,234 times
In Peachtree City some of the more popular subdivisions in the 200-300K range are:

Morallion HIlls
Wilshire Estates
The Heritage
The Retreat
Southern Shores

A really nice area of the city..

Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 AM

Anyone know of anymore?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 AM

201 posts, read 1,066,918 times
Wilshire Estates is not in the $200-$300. I think the lowest you will be able to find something will be in the $350K range. The homes there go up to $450K. Southern Shores start at low to mid $400K. There are only two homes for sale in The Heritage ranging from $378-$400K.

I think Chadworth (sp?) and Ardenlee is in that price range. (Just got back from house hunting in PTC).

Old 06-29-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomartini View Post
Wilshire Estates is not in the $200-$300. I think the lowest you will be able to find something will be in the $350K range. The homes there go up to $450K. Southern Shores start at low to mid $400K. There are only two homes for sale in The Heritage ranging from $378-$400K.

I think Chadworth (sp?) and Ardenlee is in that price range. (Just got back from house hunting in PTC).
Actually I found a number of subdivisions in that price range including:

McIntosh Corner
Belle Grove
Crescent Oak
The Marks (North and South)
Morallion Hills

I have found tons of homes on the MLS listings in this price range.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 20,471 times
Default Neighborhoods

What were your thoughts on Chadsworth? Does anyone know anything about Centennial?

We would prefer to stay in the mid 200's but would go mid 300's if it means a great subdivision for our kids. Want a neighborhood that has enough young kids; however, I don't want a cluster home. We definitely want a nice sized backyard.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
Actually I found a number of subdivisions in that price range including:

McIntosh Corner
Belle Grove
Crescent Oak
The Marks (North and South)
Morallion Hills

I have found tons of homes on the MLS listings in this price range.
I'm sorry if my post sounded as if you couldn't find anything in that price range. Not at all is that the case. I was just passing my information along for the neighborhoods questioned in the original post since I just spent two weeks looking for a home in those sub divisions.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCBound View Post
What were your thoughts on Chadsworth? Does anyone know anything about Centennial?

We would prefer to stay in the mid 200's but would go mid 300's if it means a great subdivision for our kids. Want a neighborhood that has enough young kids; however, I don't want a cluster home. We definitely want a nice sized backyard.
I wasn't very impressed with Chadsworth. The lots were small as were the homes. It lacked appeal for me. Centennial is very nice but is clustered. I almost signed a contract for a lot there which was their biggest lot in the neighborhood. They charged a premium for it - $434K for a 3000 sq ft with basement (no upgrades included). You might be able to get a slab lot with smaller house there for about $350 but the lots are smaller for slabs.

Wilshire had lots of young kids with slightly bigger lots. You might be able to find one for around $330-$350...actually I am pretty sure you can find about two, at least.

We ultimately decided on Sharpsburg. More bang for your buck.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 PM

Default PTCBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCBound View Post

You sound in a very similar situation as we are and we both seem to want to know about some subdivisions in PTC! I looked at some of the homes in Centennial online that are for sale and I really don't want a newer home. I mean it seems like there are so many homes in GA that are built so cheap nowadays. Maybe if the house is more expensive maybe it is not built as cheap but when we were looking at houses 2 years ago when we moved down to GA we were shocked at how cheap the new homes were. I think Centennial is out of my price range anyway unless I want one of their lower end homes. We want a decent size lot too. I don't want one of those homes with like less than 1/4 acre or a huge cliff with no where for the kids to play. The nice thing about PTC is there are so many cul-de-sacs so there is not a lot of thru traffic. (I still would feel more comfortable having a fenced backyard for my kids to play in) I have been living on the MLS listings checking out all the homes in all the different subdivisions in PTC!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Pomartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomartini View Post
I'm sorry if my post sounded as if you couldn't find anything in that price range. Not at all is that the case. I was just passing my information along for the neighborhoods questioned in the original post since I just spent two weeks looking for a home in those sub divisions.
No problem. After I read it again (your post) I totally understood what you meant just didn't have time to edit my post due to having a sick baby at the moment!! But you did look in those subdivisions that I mentioned? Aren't they a little lower than your price range? Or were you just driving around getting a feel of PTC like we do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: