U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:25 AM

128 posts, read 297,983 times

Advertisements

I wanted to start this thread as the sounding off board for news and thoughts about development in the Midtown/Downtown areas. And my first posting will be about...the new Cafe Intermezzo set to open downtown!
The opening date is a little up in the air, but the location in the new Hotel Indigo is planning to serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've always enjoyed their SoBu location for its atmosphere, and I hope this one will be able to pull off the same dark, romantic feeling. Anyone been to the location across from Perimeter Mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,512,026 times
This is GREAT NEWS for Downtown! I will certainly be patronizing it as it's closer to my place for a late night meeting, drink or dessert in a intimate/romantic atmosphere and alot of late night goers probably will as well.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,655,161 times
Anthropoligie has reportedly signed a lease at Westside Urban Market. Its good news that national retailers have interest in intown Atlanta but not so great IMO that they chose this location over a more urban location.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM

969 posts, read 1,661,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurban8 View Post
I wanted to start this thread as the sounding off board for news and thoughts about development in the Midtown/Downtown areas. And my first posting will be about...the new Cafe Intermezzo set to open downtown!
The opening date is a little up in the air, but the location in the new Hotel Indigo is planning to serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've always enjoyed their SoBu location for its atmosphere, and I hope this one will be able to pull off the same dark, romantic feeling. Anyone been to the location across from Perimeter Mall?
Cool. I hope more places open up Downtown. There's so much potential.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 PM

13,506 posts, read 21,958,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurban8 View Post
... And my first posting will be about...the new Cafe Intermezzo set to open downtown!
Awesome.

Yes, I've been to the one near Perimeter Mall (one of the places of choice for early/mid 90's-esque East Cobber high school students...along with the one in SoBu...and the Fellini's near Garden Hills).

Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,128,193 times
I think it is very cool that Hotel Indigo is renovating/restoring this great old building (formerly known as the Carnagie Building).

For those not sure of where this is, it's the triangular building across Ellis Street from the old Macy's, and it basically wraps around the newish Ellis Hotel (the former Winecoff).

More great news for Downtown!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:14 AM

Another new restaurant is opening late this month in Midtown, at 10th & Peachtree in the 999 Peachtree Tower.

Empire State South is owned by Hugh Acheson, of Athens' extremely popular Five & Ten and National restaurants. They will feature farm to table fresh ingredients with a contemporary spin on a Southern "meat & three" type menu. There will also be a bocce ball court and outside bar.

Yet another piece of the Midtown Mile falls into place!
Atlanta chefs to watch | Feature | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 PM

906 posts, read 1,476,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
Anthropoligie has reportedly signed a lease at Westside Urban Market. Its good news that national retailers have interest in intown Atlanta but not so great IMO that they chose this location over a more urban location.
Huh? What's not "urban" enough for you over on the Westside? That store fits in pretty well with all the other retail in the area. There are plenty of people shopping and eating in this area most of the week, and the number of shoppers has increased steadily over the last few years.

(Note: I'm starting to realize the term urban is essentially meaningless these days.)

Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM

747 posts, read 1,300,073 times
Two closing announcements:
Nickiemoto's at 10th and Piedmont will be shutting down. That place seemed to be dying a slow death for years...I would love to see that site developed with a building/remodeling that brings the structure right up to the corner, making 10th and Piedmont a tighter, more urban feeling intersection Nickiemoto’s to shut down in December | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Il Mulino at 191 Peachtree will also be closing up shop. It opened in 2008 when NYC restaurants were all the rage (Craft, Spice Market, BLT Steak).Il Mulino in Atlanta closes | Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old 11-22-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Two closing announcements:
Nickiemoto's at 10th and Piedmont will be shutting down. That place seemed to be dying a slow death for years...I would love to see that site developed with a building/remodeling that brings the structure right up to the corner, making 10th and Piedmont a tighter, more urban feeling intersection Nickiemoto’s to shut down in December | Atlanta Business Chronicle
I agree. With the Piedmont Park expansion underway there right up to the property line of that building, that land is probably worth a fortune now. It's time for that tired old plaza to be replaced with something much nicer.

The crazy success of Hobnob bodes well for this happening, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or