U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 AM

4 posts, read 14,311 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the best way to get home(Buckhead) from a concert at the Verizon Ampitheatre in Alpharetta.

I don't mind driving to the concert and taking a taxi back if the venue allows leaving my car overnight. Anyone experience any problems leaving their car at the venue?

I'm also open to other suggestions on the method of transportation back home.

I might need to get a van cab back due to the amount of people (6).

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM

29,345 posts, read 26,300,848 times
It might be worth hiring a limo for something like that. Door to door service when you are ready, and really not that expensive when you factor in the cost of gas (two round trips if you leave your car) and parking. Plus your guests will think it's a treat.

http://mintlifelimo.com/about-us.html

Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 AM

12,557 posts, read 48,782,026 times
This is the MARTA route for the area:

MARTA > Schedules & Maps > Bus Schedules or Routes > Route list (by number)

But, depending on day of week, and time of day, it may not work for you. And the fact you may have to walk a bit, but not sure.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,062,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
This is the MARTA route for the area:

MARTA > Schedules & Maps > Bus Schedules or Routes > Route list (by number)

But, depending on day of week, and time of day, it may not work for you. And the fact you may have to walk a bit, but not sure.
Where is the venue in relation to the nearest MARTA station or bus stop? The Verizon Amphitheater website says it is not served by public transit.

Amphitheatre Atlanta GA | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre At Encore Park

"Public Transportation does not service the venue."

Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 14,311 times
Yea I looked into MARTA and I think the furthest North (towards Alpharetta) was like North Springs Station which is not close to the Verizon Amphitheatre.

Well after further review of K'ledgeBldr's post/link it looks like there is a bus that runs in Alpharetta from N. Springs Station.

I plan on going to the concert on Wednesay the 11th, arrival time doesn't matter it's just trying to get back home (Buckhead) post concert and if the busses will be running.

Last edited by budiss; 08-09-2010 at 12:11 PM..

Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,062,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budiss View Post

I plan on going to the concert on Wednesay the 11th, arrival time doesn't matter it's just trying to get back home (Buckhead) post concert and if the busses will be running.

According to the train schedule, the last train leaves North Springs at 1:04 am on weeknights. The concert will be over way before then. You should be able to catch a cab from the venue to the MARTA station.

Amphitheatre Atlanta GA | Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre At Encore Park
"Taxi Service is usually available outside the East Gate (parked to the left of the gate as you exit) or visit Guest Services."

"Usually" . They sure give themselves a lot of wiggle-words in that FAQ.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM

9,123 posts, read 17,125,688 times
If you are driving there why can't you or a member of your group drive the car home?

Otherwise I would do the Limo Idea

Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 PM

12,557 posts, read 48,782,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Where is the venue in relation to the nearest MARTA station or bus stop? The Verizon Amphitheater website says it is not served by public transit.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...LJCeygTM3a3FDw

From this map and the route map in my other post, you can see the relationship-
A taxi could take you just to the Mansell P/R- from there the bus would take you to N Sprgs.
The closest bus "stop" would be at the end of Encore Dr @ Northpoint Pkwy, 1/2mi tops.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:42 PM

9 posts, read 30,239 times
call an airport car service. We use them from woodstock to Lakewood / downtown for concerts when we go as a group of girls......and we have found them to be less than $100 round trip for an SUV. Totally worth it.
Unlike limos, you can find some that won't charge you during the concert itself...they just charge you as 2 one-way trips.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:06 PM

29,345 posts, read 26,300,848 times
Shoot, the more I think about it I would definitely get a car or a limo. They don't charge that much becasue they're fitting in other short rides while you're at the concert. And your friends will talk about how awesome you are for the rest of your life.

It's much easier to have everybody congregate over at your house for a pre-show snacks and drinks than to meet at a train station. Don't forget the heat either -- if you need to walk a mile or so to the station that can be pretty grueling in 94 degree heat, especially for someone who may have dressed up a little for a night out.

And if you're planning on taking the bus back to the train line, be aware that if you miss the one at 10:43 you've gotta wait another hour until the 11:43 bus comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or