Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 8,155 times

Advertisements

Hello Atlanta! I have been reading alot of the threads, the good, the bad, and the ugly and I must say I am really excited to be moving to Atl from VA. I will be starting a new job in August, I'm looking for suggestions on places to live. If anyone knows of any particular apartment complexes that would be great. Here's a little background about myself and what I'm looking for: I'm a 25 year old, single female, so safety is important. I prefer a 2 bedroom right at or under $800, or a 1 bedroom under $700. I prefer city living but again safety is important, I don't want to feel unsafe in my own home. I have been offered a position from 2 different companies, but both are in the Midtown section of the city. Midtown seems to be a bit expensive for me, are there any other sections or areas that are pretty close but are not as expensive? I will be down there next week for about 2 days, so I will have the opportunity to look around for a place to stay, however because I don't have much time to look, if anyone could recommend specific apartment complexes or areas to check out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 08:00 AM

826 posts, read 3,120,715 times
When we first moved to Atlanta we moved to Peachtree Park Apartments in North Midtown/South Buckhead. Our 2 Bedroom 2 Bath was 799.00 a month. It was a great quiet location.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 AM

985 posts, read 5,757,848 times
Just do a quick google on Peachtree Park Apartments. The current price is 1 Bedroom: $779 to $800 and 2 Bedrooms: $975. I think that's going rate for many nice apartments in Atlanta.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 AM

Call them anyway. They were running a special. Its a really big complex, so you never know. BTW do not get an apartment on the ground floor.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:43 AM

563 posts, read 2,773,625 times
Call Promove. Explain to them what you are looking for...they will point you in the right direction.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 AM

4 posts, read 8,155 times
Default Thanx!

Thank you all for your responses . Merin and Jxu66 I will check out Peachtree Park and DoveDiva thanks for the info on Promove. You guys are awesome, I'm so glad I found this forum! One more question: How is the College Park area? I've heard it's not a very good (safe) area but is that the entire area? or are there some good areas mixed in? The area I live in now in VA, people were telling me the neighborhood was really bad, unsafe, high in crime, etc...however I haven't had any problems with crime and feel totally safe where I am. Of course I will check out the area first before moving, just want some insight on what others think, preferably those that live or have lived in College Park. Oh and how far is it from Midtown? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,537,161 times
Check out Vinings - it is a pretty short drive to Midtown AND you can either do interstates (I-75) or backroads, which is nice. There are tons of apartments around there, also. There are some nice little restaurants and bars around there and in Smyrna, too, which is right next door, though outside the 285 perimeter loop. I lived in Magnolia Vinings for about 2 years and my wife lived in a place called Paces Green or Paces Summitt or something like that. Rent was very reasonable, although this was about 3 years ago.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,738,607 times
That's funny, spacelord. I just drove past Magnolia Vinings today and thought "this is a great looking apartment complex"
Yes, Smyrna/Vinings would be a great choice. There's a new development right off of 285 (Atlanta Road) that's a really nice looking mixed use development with restaurants, boutiques and apartments, all done Craftsman Style. I think it's called Village Green.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 AM

340 posts, read 1,576,869 times
Check out Decatur. It's a nice area with clean streets and MARTA to downtown/midtown Atlanta. You need to find an apartment with gates as security.

Last edited by CityFan; 06-25-2007 at 11:38 AM..

Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Where in Va are you from? I am from the DC area too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta