Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,238,434 times

Advertisements

First....I am loving living here!!!!
Our whole life has changed. My husband works only 10 miles from
where we live (and will buy)....in South Florida it was almost 30 miles one way. Quality of life is just so different here, in my opinion. I see so many families, everywhere. Sports is so big here! My almost 7 yr old is very excited about playing Basketball this season.
So ...................................
when does Fall Foliage begin here? We are SO excited about that!!!!!!!
And ............................
What temps can I expect for trick-or-treating?
In South Florida it could be 90 out, and we were never able to pick any costume we wanted, because most costumes were TOO HOT
Where do people pumpkin pick here?
I know I'm a little early on these questions, but I'm pretty psyched!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 12:52 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,328,353 times
Fall foliage will begin around mid-October, and will really kick in mid-November. By Thanksgiving, it's entirely possible that most of the trees will be bare.

Halloween temps have varied in the three years we've been here- last year it was fairly cold and rainy, while the years before it was milder. I'd say it'll likely be in the 60's-70's, barring any freak weather events.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM

504 posts, read 1,542,526 times
100% you should go to the mountains just north of here during the fall if you've never been. It's breathtakingly beautiful. You can be in North Georgia from the Atlanta metro area within about 2 hours.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM

504 posts, read 1,542,526 times
Oh yeah. You'll see people selling pumpkins all around nearing Halloween. No problem finding those really. Even regular grocery stores have them.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,267,524 times
Halloween stuff for kids:

Atlanta Halloween - Pumpkin Patches in Atlanta

Old 08-23-2010, 02:07 PM

143 posts, read 345,368 times
If you really want to enjoy the fall foliage, do as another poster said and take a ride up to the mountains in the fall. It's not a long drive from the metro area at all, and my family goes every year to one of the local apple orchards up there to buy apples and other locally grown or locally made foods, enjoy the scenery and crisp air, and get out of the city for a day. You can still be back in town in time to have dinner, but it's a really beautiful and relaxing trip, I think. Atlantans are lucky to have areas like that so close by.

This is the one we go to, it's one of the bigger ones: Mercier Orchards | Buy Our Apples Online It's in Blue Ridge.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,036,969 times
One place that is nice that time of year is Cloudland Canyon State Park.

Cloudland Canyon State Park

cloudland canyon - Google Search

Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM

10,739 posts, read 13,333,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterDawg85 View Post
If you really want to enjoy the fall foliage, do as another poster said and take a ride up to the mountains in the fall. It's not a long drive from the metro area at all, and my family goes every year to one of the local apple orchards up there to buy apples and other locally grown or locally made foods, enjoy the scenery and crisp air, and get out of the city for a day. You can still be back in town in time to have dinner, but it's a really beautiful and relaxing trip, I think. Atlantans are lucky to have areas like that so close by.

This is the one we go to, it's one of the bigger ones: Mercier Orchards | Buy Our Apples Online It's in Blue Ridge.
Being a part-time Blue Ridge resident, I cannot agree more!!!! Beautiful and scenic. Great shops (clothing, art, etc.), good restaurants, fun stuff for the whole family, even if it's too cool to play in the river and lake. And, yes, Mercier Orchards is a treat. They have weekend where you are allowed to wander the orchards and pick your own apples. Kids (at least mine) get a kick out of that! Rent a cabin - your family would have a blast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta