U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-30-2007, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,180 times
Frankly and happily I'm glad you did.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 07:48 AM

201 posts, read 756,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrilynda View Post
Frankly and happily I'm glad you did.
I am!!! Good luck with the clean up!

Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,911 times
Default Wynnmeade subdivision

I purchased a home in Wynnmeade, Peachtree City in October 2007. I've not been there very long, but I am more than pleased with the decision. The area is peaceful, convenient and friendly.

The homes are older and many need updating, but the prices for what you get are much lower than other areas. It's just what I was looking for. Actually, it's more than I was hoping for - 4 bedrooms, full basement and overlooking Wynn's Pond for mid 130,00s in PTC. How much better can it get. The area admittedly has had problems in the past, and some of the stigma still exists, but as far as I'm concerned, this subdivision is the best kept secret in the area.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 PM

137 posts, read 492,003 times
Wynnmeade is run down. We live in the newly named Wilksmoor Village and it is at this point an eye-sore. I'm so glad that the HOA is working to improve it. It is a diamond in the rough and an EXCELLENT investment (IMO). Wynnmeade is on a lake (small), is centrally located, and is about to change schools. They will be going to Kedron Elementary which I believe will truly increase the values of those homes. The HOA is right -- landlords should be ashamed of what they did to the first n'hood in PTC. There is a tremendous amount of potential, but --for now-- I wouldn't recommend living there.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM

25 posts, read 56,979 times
Check out Village Park subdivision

www.peachtreecitygeorgia.vflyer.com (broken link)

Old 03-22-2008, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,816 times
I have lived in Wynnmeade since 1998, and am very pleased with my home and how we have been able to double our investment. Our home is located on an wooded lot as most homes are in Wynnmeade. We have four bed rooms, three full baths, and one half bath, finished full basement and much more. Wynnmeade has alot to offer such as; Shopping, Entertainment, Restaurants, Schools and more. For those of you who choose not to live in our subdivision that is your lost. Wynnmeade offers the best location in Peachtree City. After the shopping centers on Hwy 54 West are comleted Wynnmeade will be the most convenient suddivision in Peachtree City.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,798 times
Red face Home Sweet Home

I have lived in Wynnmeade for over twenty years. I love my home. It was built with better materials than the newer homes and has more space than the newer areas. I take much pride in keeping it up as well as clean. If greedy landlords who don't live in the subdivsion would take the time to be responsible for their properties and be held accountable by the city code enforcement Wynnmeade will continue to thrive and out last all of the newer homes. That's the good thing about being in America everyone has a choice as to where they want to live. Enjoy your choice without degrading others.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,790 times
Wink Happy to Live in Wynnmeade

We have been privileged to live in Wynnmeade since 1979; I have seen several changes in neighborhood over the years some that were better than others. Because of a very dedicated, passionate group of homeowners who are committed to making the area a better place to live this is one PTC communutiy that is affordable, inclusive and diverse. The homes still have yards and space that allows for some privacy that is not available in many of the newer communitities that are being built on top of each other. Wynnmeade is an established neighborhood with older homes that can be remodeled into something special; remember location, location, location........think about what Virginia Highlands, Grant Park, and East Lakes were only a few years ago, the value of their homes have increased dramatically and these hold the same potential.

We have been blessed to raise our two children here and our currently plannning on retiring here. We have on three occasions thought about moving and looked at other areas in PTC and the surrounding areas. For the price, size and amenities that we have, there was never a place that attracted us enough to leave what we already have. I have known families that chose to move and now wish they hadn't. We are extremely excited with the direction that the community is taking and welcome all new residents that wish to promote a positive place for families to live .....PTC is a great place to live, raise your children and retire; there is something for everybody here....Thank you for the opportunity to set the record straight about Wynnmeade.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,787 times
Having lived in Wynnmeade for the past 33 years, I can say that we are quite happy here and always have been.

I checked the actual crime statistics at the police station a year or so back and found that based on the facts, there were at least a dozen neighborhoods in PTC with higher crime rates than Wynnmeade. We have had some problems with tennants in the past due mainly to low calibre investors. However thanks to having a good homeowners association -and a very fine lady as president, these problems have largely gone away. Three rental house on my street have changed to owner occupant in the past 24 months alone. This is regularly occuring throughout Wynnmeade. Homes are being fixed up as well. A good friend of mine recently spent $30,000.00 to improve the exterior of his home on Wynnmeade parkway. Why not drive through yourselves sometime and see if the bad rap Wynnmeade gets from non-residents is accurate? Homes have been somewhat lower cost here than other neighborhoods. Based on the number of foreclosures in the news, it would appear that if people lived where they could afford, there would be standing room only in this subdivision. Interestingly too, a check of tax records confirms that homes in Wynnmeade are often selling higher than in some other areas of Peachtree. Is it perfect? Of course not. However, based on some of the "war stories" of homeowners problems in other parts of town, Wynnmeade is as good a place to live in town as anywhere. We know our neighbors and most people throughout the community. My family and I have had no complaints. Can you, the reader, say the same?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,773 times
I have lived in Wynnmeade for about 5 years and am happy with it. I have yet to have a problem and have seen non-stop improvement in the past 5 years. Yeah, like any subdivision, it has a bad apple or two. They rarely last. We looked at new homes elsewhere in PTC last year and were very shocked to see some clowns building them and the materials being used. We decided to stay where we are at. Who wants a $350K home that looks like every other $350K house for sale on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta