Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 PM

63 posts, read 282,295 times

Advertisements

I am trying to make a decision as to how far away from work I want to live. This expands my searching area as well as provides me with variables

Sorry to bother all of you who may have responded before, but I need some information so I can put together a viable list of options.

Additionally, if anyone knows, what are some of the more "reasonable" townhome complexes in the Midtown area that offer at least a one-car garage UNDER $1300/mo??

THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM

62 posts, read 436,247 times
Depending on your actual location in a given city...

Vinings to Midtown = 15-20 Minutes
Smyrna to Midtown = 20-40 Minutes
Marietta to Midtown = 30-55 Minutes

Rain and large tourist events doubles time.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:00 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,656,056 times
Druid Hills to Midtown 10-15 minutes

Emory-LaVista area 20 minutes

Dunwoody to midtown around 25 - 30 minutes

again depends on your actual location and destination

Old 06-28-2007, 11:02 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,169 times
I live in downtown so it only takes a couple of minutes to get to midtown. When I used to live near Emory it took 10-15 minutes to get to Midtown.

Try this out: View 450 Piedmont Apartments For Rent in Atlanta, Georgia - ForRent.com

It's not in the best neighborhood but the community is gated and safe and the neighborhood has been turning around. You could probably walk to work from here and you would be close to everything.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut2k View Post
I am trying to make a decision as to how far away from work I want to live. This expands my searching area as well as provides me with variables

Sorry to bother all of you who may have responded before, but I need some information so I can put together a viable list of options.

Additionally, if anyone knows, what are some of the more "reasonable" townhome complexes in the Midtown area that offer at least a one-car garage UNDER $1300/mo??

THANKS!!!

Something to add, I found this article this morning. Georgia/Atlanta aren't even mentioned, which makes me feel less nervous

Story - California's Traffic Is Nation's Worst - AOL News (broken link)

Old 06-29-2007, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 6,059 times
anyone know MARTA rail commute times from North Springs to Midtown? Was having trouble finding travel times on MARTA's website.....

Does anyone here use MARTA rail regularly for work commute?

Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut2k View Post
Something to add, I found this article this morning. Georgia/Atlanta aren't even mentioned, which makes me feel less nervous

Story - California's Traffic Is Nation's Worst - AOL News (broken link)
I wouldn't put too much stock into that article. It doesn't measure or discuss the major problems with Atlanta's road system. The interstates here aren't really that much of a problem; yes they can be pretty brutal but not in the same way as some other metro areas. The problems with Atlanta traffic are the lack of alternatives (meaning there is only one way for you to get from A to B and if its congested you're screwed), lack of a viable mass transit system, congestion on side roads and the distance commuters travel to work. Personally I think people here sometimes exaggerate how bad it is but the truth is some parts of the metro area can rival any city in the country. I can guarantee traffic will be worse here then Ann Arbor.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 AM

481 posts, read 2,821,424 times
I commute from East Cobb to Midtown a lot, takes 20 minutes exactly 90% of the time. Occasionally there will be traffic problems...

Some of the times others have posted seem weird. It's never taken me more than 10 minutes to get from Vinings to Midtown... you just drive down an empty stretch of I-75.... I-75 between Vinings and Kennesaw however is a nightmare, so if you live anywhere north of the 285/75 intersection be prepared for an annoying commute.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF72 View Post
I commute from East Cobb to Midtown a lot, takes 20 minutes exactly 90% of the time. Occasionally there will be traffic problems...

Some of the times others have posted seem weird. It's never taken me more than 10 minutes to get from Vinings to Midtown... you just drive down an empty stretch of I-75.... I-75 between Vinings and Kennesaw however is a nightmare, so if you live anywhere north of the 285/75 intersection be prepared for an annoying commute.
Thanks for the input--I appreciate all the comments!!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 AM

481 posts, read 2,821,424 times
Note that East Cobb is very big. It takes me 20 minutes from southern East Cobb to Midtown. From northern East Cobb (closer to cherokee county) it could take 40 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta