U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:44 PM

160 posts, read 309,717 times

Advertisements

I have a friend that is moving to Atlanta next month (September). She found an apartment complex called Amli at Atlantic Square. She was asking my questions that I could not answer so I decided to ask them here for any advice. She is a young female in her late 20s.

1. Is the area a pretty much young professional area?

2. Is the Apartment complex and surrounding areas safe? (I think the apts are on 16th street)

3. Is the Marta walking distance?

She has more questions but I think those are the most important ones. Thanks for any advice..

Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 PM

727 posts, read 1,067,616 times
Atlantic Station is nice.

They offer a free shuttle wich connects to Marta and key points of interest in atlantic station.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:21 PM

11 posts, read 17,041 times

Pretty much, close to Georgia Tech.

2. Is the Apartment complex and surrounding areas safe? (I think the apts are on 16th street)

She'll be real close to midtown and downtown. So...more people, more chance for crime. As long as she keeps her wits about here she should be fine. Although, being in the wrong place at the wrong time can't really be helped.

Marta is close.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:43 PM

2,187 posts, read 6,835,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md911 View Post
I have a friend that is moving to Atlanta next month (September). She found an apartment complex called Amli at Atlantic Square. She was asking my questions that I could not answer so I decided to ask them here for any advice. She is a young female in her late 20s.

She has more questions but I think those are the most important ones. Thanks for any advice..
Looked at these with my sister...the area is a young professional area during the day, but gets an interesting mix at night. Truth be told, the area is going through some struggles. It isn't as safe as it should be and she opted to not move to the area. AMLI apartments are always really nice. I lived in them in Dallas and loved them. MARTA isn't far, but it may be worth her while to live as close to her job as possible. Atlantic Station to me seems like it ended up being one of those overpriced areas that was too good to be true. It seems so great but one of her friends works in Apartment Management and had some horror stories about some of the residents in the area and the crime. For paying over 1,000 for most of the apartments in that area, you would expect better. I would recommend Buckhead over Atlantic Station. My sister decided to move to a Condo near the Lenox Mall area and loves it. She is in her 20's too.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:37 PM

397 posts, read 721,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Looked at these with my sister...the area is a young professional area during the day, but gets an interesting mix at night. Truth be told, the area is going through some struggles. It isn't as safe as it should be and she opted to not move to the area.
I agree. The area kicked off with high hopes and high prices - for real estate that is. Neither lasted too long.

It has been maybe 6 months since I was over that way at night. The last time I was there at night didn't really make me want to give it another shot. But...some might like the scene at night. Apparantly some do.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 AM

160 posts, read 309,717 times
Thanks everyone...

Old 08-29-2010, 07:38 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,416,351 times
Nothing wrong with Atlantic Station I stayed over there for a year and loved it. I still frequent the place every other saturday and have no problem my gym is there and my fav store is there H&M.. so they will be fine. Its still ok place to be..

Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 AM

10,025 posts, read 9,342,248 times
I recommend spending some time there on a weekend. Visit the restaurants and shops and various artist markets during the day. Go to the movie and a bar at night. You'll get the 'vibe' of Atlantic Station. For the record, my family and I enjoy it.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:05 PM

2,531 posts, read 5,464,536 times
I've seen cops kick people out of the movie theater at Atlantic Station for getting loud and out of order.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 PM

747 posts, read 1,302,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I've seen cops kick people out of the movie theater at Atlantic Station for getting loud and out of order.
Good, that's what should happen. I've had too many bad experiences at this theater. But this topic has been discussed before ad nauseum in its own thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta