U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 PM

88 posts, read 118,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Those are simply ridiculous statements. The clubs and bars in Atlanta are overwhelmingly white, with a handful of mostly black clubs mixed in that hardly get any media at all. How you could have possibly ended up in one of that handful is beyond me, and I seriously doubt that you did. A black man must have flirted with you and made you severaly uncomfortable...I guess someone from New England must not be used to integration, but we've been doing it in the South for some time now. I suggest you do a little better research before you come to Atlanta again so you'll know where the predominately white gay clubs are located - there are over 30 of them.
Could you list all 30 gay clubs for me please so that I can avoid a situation like that in the future? Are you gay? Because please Ms Deacon you better not be lying to me and setting me up to get beat up.

And New England never had Jim Crow laws so please hit the reset button and try again with your Southern Sour Grapes attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM

88 posts, read 118,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
How many times are you going to post that line in bold.. You one experience doesnt account to say that the Entire population of people are like that Ive been discriminated against in the white community called A Gay you know the N word. Whats your point there are pricks everywhere Even in D.C
Yes there are pricks everywhere in every city that I visit. But I have never been mugged in ANY city besides Atlanta. It was a truly terrifying experience to be attacked by some atrociously hideous drag queen with hands bigger than my head in broad daylight near Lenox Mall. I thought that I was in the nice part of town too! What are the bad parts like if all the drag queens are out mugging people to steal our purchases in the good areas?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,109,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
Yes there are pricks everywhere in every city that I visit. But I have never been mugged in ANY city besides Atlanta. It was a truly terrifying experience to be attacked by some atrociously hideous drag queen with hands bigger than my head in broad daylight near Lenox Mall. I thought that I was in the nice part of town too! What are the bad parts like if all the drag queens are out mugging people to steal our purchases in the good areas?
I don't believe a word of this.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,274,641 times
[quote=TSQQST;16007524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
I don't agree with your assessment.

Atlanta and Washington have just about the same percentage of black residents. In fact according to two sources, Wikipedia and a major gay publication, Washington has more black residents percentage-wise. Here's the breakdowns:

Atlanta--55 percent black according to a major gay publication.

Washington--55.6 percent black according to Wikipedia.

/QUOTE]

Well what about the percentage of the metropolitan area? I believe the Washington Baltimore Metropolitan area has nearly 9 million people in it! That's 4 million more than Atlanta and the ethnic make up of the metro area counts toward who's going to visit all the clubs in the city.

The population of Washington and Baltimore combined may very well be 9 million. But the population of the two core cities we're talking about, Washington and Atlanta, does not include the stats of big cities a good distance away.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,510,761 times
Quote:
Oh lordy lordy. Let's make this simple. If you're a gay white male you go to DC. If you're a gay black male you go to Atlanta. Trust me on this. I've been attacked for being a gay white male in Atlanta's clubs and MUGGED by ghetto drag queens with bad hair weaves. I am from New England origianlly and felt at home in Washington but did not like the vibe in Atlanta. Everything is too spread out and I felt like a minority in a minority there.

Atlanta is the "go to" city for blacks both gay and straight. But if you're white you will want to go to DC. Even Mike and Ike said that the black gays in DC are all moving to Atlanta (see the comment above)
Um, at what bar did this happen? Because all most all the gay bars that I frequent are somewhat mixed, but white are the vast majority. Clubs such as : Blakes, Burkharts, Mary's, The Jungle, Amsterdam, Woofs, The Eagle, Herectic, WetBar before it closed, and the list goes on. There are also majority black clubs like Bulldogs on Peachtree. I'm not really sure you have ever even been here. I have been going out for far too many years, and you are sadly confused.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM

29,210 posts, read 26,141,586 times
Quote:
That's become a huge issue in Atlanta. Hideous drag queens with huge hands have been mugging people in broad daylight all over town. People are afraid to even go outside anymore.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
Um, at what bar did this happen? Because all most all the gay bars that I frequent are somewhat mixed, but white are the vast majority. Clubs such as : Blakes, Burkharts, Mary's, The Jungle, Amsterdam, Woofs, The Eagle, Herectic, WetBar before it closed, and the list goes on. There are also majority black clubs like Bulldogs on Peachtree. I'm not really sure you have ever even been here. I have been going out for far too many years, and you are sadly confused.
BINGO!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
That's become a huge issue in Atlanta. Hideous drag queens with huge hands have been mugging people in broad daylight all over town. People are afraid to even go outside anymore.
You forgot to mention bad hair weaves.

Huge hands are bad enough, but the bad hair weaves add even more to this terror that has descended upon us.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 PM

2,671 posts, read 5,536,551 times
Quote:
Quote:

I can't add much to this topic, since I'm not gay, but these two posts had me laughing hysterically. True or not, it had me laughing.

TSQQST,
What did the big oog do to you?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,274,641 times
Quote:

I haven't seen a drag show since the Charlie Brown Review at Backstreet. I've seen his show twice. That's the only drag shows I've seen in Atlanta.

Heather Daniels did have pretty big hands and those 17-inch biceps. Whoa!

I think Heather Daniels' biceps look bigger than Eddie Long's biceps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta