U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 AM

513 posts, read 1,400,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Without question, fundamentalist Christianity is quite strange and kooky.
And one needs to only look through this thread to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
If people are born gay, why aren't people born with a drug problem or with evil ways. We become what we are or do what we do based on what we see and hear. Come on now.
Just curious, do you know anyone personally who is gay? I'd bet a pretty big stash of cash that if you had a son or daughter who was gay you'd change your mind even if it took 10 years to deprogram your black and white way of thinking. But, I'm assuming I couldn't make that bet either because God hates gambling.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:57 AM

7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Man Deacon kill that noise! They brought it up first. Being gay is a sin, BUT so is smoking weed, eating pork & shrimp, prostitution & etc. Some the things I just mentioned I do and I KNOW its wrong but I do it anyway. We all do what we want to do regardless of what religious books say. We do what we want to do. Sin or no sin. Men that have sex with men do it BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.
Off topic...Eddie Long is the topic, not your ignorant views on what constitutes sin. If that's what you believe then fine, but it's of no interest here. Go find a thread that fits your needs.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 AM

7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Quote:
What? Dude dont disrespect me guy. I dont hate gays so again I want to know the process, if you cant answer id suggest you shut the *** up Deacon.
Your personal attack is noted. I see that you're a new member and may not realize that personal attacks are not allowed, and neither is profanity.

I did answer your question. The process of "becoming" gay is exactly like "becoming" straight. There is no difference - think about it. Now do you get it?

Last edited by DeaconJ; 09-24-2010 at 03:19 AM..

Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 AM

2,671 posts, read 5,414,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Correction on your math.....

These churches push their members to "tithe" 10% of their income plus give to the various multiple offerings (passing of the collection plate) each and every Sunday.
Again, robbery!! I was calculating at a dollar per head.

Now 10% is a whole lotta of money.

Quote:
Man Deacon kill that noise! They brought it up first. Being gay is a sin, BUT so is smoking weed, eating pork & shrimp, prostitution & etc. Some the things I just mentioned I do and I KNOW its wrong but I do it anyway. We all do what we want to do regardless of what religious books say. We do what we want to do. Sin or no sin. Men that have sex with men do it BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.
Don't you mess with my ham, shrimp and hookers... (j/k on the shrimp ). This is too much....

Old 09-24-2010, 06:07 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,717,352 times
Quote:
It's the truth! Common sense. Why would God allow someone to be born gay? They wouldn't have a chance to go to Heaven. God wouldn't allow a person to be born gay since he prohibits it in his kingdom.
Therein lies the crux of the problem that barriers some people from recognizing the truth of the matter. It ends up amounting to circular reasoning.

"The Bible says god is against homosexuality and because the bible says god is against homosexuality then god could not possibly create homosexuals, hence it must be a choice."

Pure nonsense!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,896,382 times
this whole thing reminds me of Jim Jones...he was a adulterer,homosexual, drug addict...and had millions of followers.

Thats why I never went to Bishop Eddie longs church...first of all it was too crowded and it was all about money.

makes me think of the antichrist...this is the book revelations coming to life

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 AM

12,204 posts, read 17,586,462 times
I agree with DONNIEANDONNA417. We are in the last days. In the Bible, sins will multiply and get outrageous, including war and homosexuality. True enough, we see this. Do you think that if Adam and Eve didn't eat off the tree that homosexuality would still exist?

Old 09-24-2010, 07:34 AM

513 posts, read 1,400,139 times
Quote:
I agree with DONNIEANDONNA417. We are in the last days. In the Bible, sins will multiply and get outrageous, including war and homosexuality. True enough, we see this. Do you think that if Adam and Eve didn't eat off the tree that homosexuality would still exist?

Yeah, war never happened in the past. Neither did homosexuality. We're all doomed.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,397,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post

Yeah, war never happened in the past. Neither did homosexuality. We're all doomed.
All I know is my neighborhood improved when same sex couples chose to live here. Nicer people I have never known.

^^^
DeKalb Schools Pull Away From Long
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/bisho...lb-620256.html

'Bishop Eddie Long has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to DeKalb County schools, but that doesn’t mean he has influence over the district, school officials said Thursday.

.Schools officials said they have no plans to sever ties with Long, but the system began distancing itself from New Birth Missionary Baptist Church months before the lawsuits filed this week.

Interim Superintendent Ramona Tyson said she is not a member of New Birth and has had no contact with Long since she took over the district in February. That includes not supplying school buses for a New Birth camp, like in previous years.'

Last edited by TakeAhike; 09-24-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 09-24-2010, 08:38 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,853,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Oh wow. There are really people that still people believe such primitive ignorance. At any rate, get over yourself and realize a huge number of people reject the notion that being gay or bisexual is a sin. Thankfully, more and more people reject associations with churches that teach the bigoted view that being gay is a sin, especially young Americans who are very supportive of gay equality. Fundamentalism is such an anti-intellectual and oppressive mindset.
By attacking what this poster believes, it is YOU that is displaying ignorance. Everyone is entiltled their opinion and let me tell you there ARE millions of people in this country that believe in what she or he said. Attacking them will not change that.

Now me personally I am agnostic so I dont use the bible to determine what is sin or not but you pro-gay types always like to scream how intolerant people are when in fact most of you are far more intolerant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or