Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 07:45 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
No, I'm not brainwashed. Come down; it's not that serious. If homosexuality wasn't so wrong, why would preachers talk against it? It's not a gift. God said in the Bible that a man shall not lie with another man. Men shall only lie with women. If we go against God's word, we what? SIN. If this wasn't so, why would it be God's words? I'm not going to sit here and get bashed by people based on what I believe and what I read. Maybe if people pick up their Bibles and stop making their own stuff, maybe, the world can be a better place. Diseases, mental problems, and disformities (s/p) are the ONLY mishaps people are born with. We need to refrain from getting scientific information. Remember, this information about people being born gay comes from scientists that said that the world was going to end in 2000. It's good that we have our own opinions about issues, but if we have opinions, we should be able to back it up with facts. We unfortunately judge people when thay are what? IN THE WRONG or DOING WRONG. Doing wrong is sinning. Sinning is an action that we as people engage in because we are born into it and not with it. If people are born gay, why aren't people born with a drug problem or with evil ways. We become what we are or do what we do based on what we see and hear. Come on now.
I am surprised that someone hasnt called you a repressed gay yet. Typically if you have an opinion that gays and their supporters disagree with they will first attack you personally and then claim that you are secretly gay and are just self loathing.

The funny thing to me is that while many people are against homosexuality for biblical reasons their are also many people that dont care about the church, bible or Christianity and are against homosexuality for a variety of reasons. As if only "fundementalist" have a problem with gays.

Now let the personal attacks begin!

Last edited by suprascooby22; 09-24-2010 at 08:22 AM..

Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
I agree with DONNIEANDONNA417. We are in the last days. In the Bible, sins will multiply and get outrageous, including war and homosexuality. True enough, we see this. Do you think that if Adam and Eve didn't eat off the tree that homosexuality would still exist?

You are a mess. Do you really think someone would choose a lifestyle that has so much negative output.. Do you think people wake up and say I wanna be gay so They be can be called a *** or gay bashed NO!!!!!!!. and unless you are GAy you will never understand. People who dont struggle homosexuality, or live in the gay world kill me trying to diagnose people and why they do what they do, like they have some experience in this lifestyle. Its funny how everytime this subject comes up people always run too the bible you never here the bible mentioined until this subject appears. The bible thumpers show up in full force.. But people never bring up the bible when we are on here talking about crimes and people killing each other, Women have babies out of wed lock etc.. Yes I am a GAy male who has had feelings for a man since I was small. Yes i can appreciate a beautiful woman and I have had sex with them only because I was forced into because someone said it would make me straight.. so until you are battleing with this struggle you have no say so to tell anyone in this lifestyle anything.. Its funny how people become preachers and bible quoters when this subject comes up...

Its these Kinda bible thumpers that cause people to live secret lives.. Its not what they are doing its how they are doing it and God is exposing them left and right. I am wonderfully made and made in his image. god didnt make no mistake with me he already knew that I would be battle with this struggle. END OF CONVERSATION!!! thats my 2 cents

Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
You are a mess. Do you really think someone would choose a lifestyle that has so much negative output.. Do you think people wake up and say I wanna be gay so They be can be called a *** or gay bashed NO!!!!!!!. and unless you are GAy you will never understand. People who dont struggle homosexuality, or live in the gay world kill me trying to diagnose people and why they do what they do, like they have some experience in this lifestyle. Its funny how everytime this subject comes up people always run too the bible you never here the bible mentioined until this subject appears. The bible thumpers show up in full force.. But people never bring up the bible when we are on here talking about crimes and people killing each other, Women have babies out of wed lock etc.. Yes I am a GAy male who has had feelings for a man since I was small. Yes i can appreciate a beautiful woman and I have had sex with them only because I was forced into because someone said it would make me straight.. so until you are battleing with this struggle you have no say so to tell anyone in this lifestyle anything.. Its funny how people become preachers and bible quoters when this subject comes up...

Its these Kinda bible thumpers that cause people to live secret lives.. Its not what they are doing its how they are doing it and God is exposing them left and right. I am wonderfully made and made in his image. god didnt make no mistake with me he already knew that I would be battle with this struggle. END OF CONVERSATION!!! thats my 2 cents
you poor thing

Old 09-24-2010, 08:18 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,422,669 times
Quote:
No, I'm not brainwashed. Come down; it's not that serious. If homosexuality wasn't so wrong, why would preachers talk against it? It's not a gift. God said in the Bible that a man shall not lie with another man.
And other preachers and theologians say homosexuality is not a sin. Your fundamentalist view of the Bible is not the only nor even the predominant view in the modern, Western world today. A significant and growing number of Christians, churches, and denominations do not view homosexuality as sin, including Episcopalians, Lutherans, the United Church of Christ, and many Presbyterians. The largest Jewish "denominations" do not believe homosexuality is a sin either. Moreover, a significant percentage of churches and synagogues now bless gay unions or marriages.

If you think the Bible is inerrant, then you believe that God actually commanded people to kill disobedient children, not wear two different fabrics, take people as slaves, not permit women to talk/teach in church, and to exterminate entire populations such as Jericho.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with two people of the same sex entering into a loving, committed relationship. According to the latest Gallup Poll, the majority of Americans agree with me that homosexual relationships are morally acceptable and not a sin, including a substantial number of Christians. It is good to see primitive, bigoted views declining as more humane, enlightened views prevail.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:19 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you poor thing
I don't presume to know much about religion but enough to know that in the earthly realm there are things that we will never understand.

shrug--I go with the scientific research and have never attended a church and heard a minister deliver a sermon 'against' homosexuality. 'The Good News'--is generally the focus of churches I frequent.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,256 times
Quote:
It's the truth! Common sense. Why would God allow someone to be born gay? They wouldn't have a chance to go to Heaven. God wouldn't allow a person to be born gay since he prohibits it in his kingdom.
I never thought of it this way...

I always felt people who were gay were born that way because they were gay at 5 or even at 3 years old. Just as us straight people become attracted to the opposite sex, gay people became attracted to the same sex. I also wrote it off as born deformity or genetic problem like Down Syndrome. And that is something a person is born with. So I assumed a gay individual was born that way. Another way I rationalized it was because who in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a homosexual? Who would want to go through life that way if they didnt have to. It doesnt make sense for people to choose it to me.

But to A&M's point... Why would GOD allow someone to be born gay? It's a great point and it made me think about it more. However my conclusion is:

I do not think he would. The same way he doesn't ALLOW people to be born with other defects. But it happens. I believe GOD is compassionate in those situations and does not hold that sickness against them because they didnt choose it. This would mean the same for gay people. He will show them compassion as it is not their fault they were born that way.

My father use to tell me that they believed gay people were born due to the sins of their fathers. Although that is absurd and makes no rational sense... I'm starting to think it could be possible.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,422,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
By attacking what this poster believes, it is YOU that is displaying ignorance. Everyone is entiltled their opinion and let me tell you there ARE millions of people in this country that believe in what she or he said. Attacking them will not change that.

Now me personally I am agnostic so I dont use the bible to determine what is sin or not but you pro-gay types always like to scream how intolerant people are when in fact most of you are far more intolerant!
Uh, we know you can be irreligious and an ignorant, primitive bigot. They are just less plentiful, as indicated by every survey, poll, and experience. The fact that there are bigoted or ignorant non-religious people too is not a revelation.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you poor thing

Old 09-24-2010, 08:49 AM

282 posts, read 634,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I am surprised that someone hasnt called you a repressed gay yet. Typically if you have an opinion that gays and their supporters disagree with they will first attack you personally and then claim that you are secretly gay and are just self loathing.

The funny thing to me is that while many people are against homosexuality for biblical reasons their are also many people that dont care about the church, bible or Christianity and are against homosexuality for a variety of reasons. As if only "fundementalist" have a problem with gays.

Now let the personal attacks begin!
The only thing that really bothers me about gay people is when they try so hard to JUSTIFY it. If you are gay cool, just be gay, live & let live, but this whole gay men = more advanced men is annoying. Gay dudes are not smarter because they are gay & str8 dudes are not smarter because they are str8. Hating gay people to me is lame. I have no issue with Eddie Long taking it to the jaw or the rear. My Issue is him wasting cash, not using the church for its main purpose FELLOWSHIP not profit. That why I dislike him and other mega churches, they could help so many people with that money and they do not. So gay dudes need to fall back and relax because this aint about them. Ernie & Bert are gay.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 AM

282 posts, read 634,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Off topic...Eddie Long is the topic, not your ignorant views on what constitutes sin. If that's what you believe then fine, but it's of no interest here. Go find a thread that fits your needs.
Mr Comedy...use another word besides ignorant....you throw that word around too much. I thought you were a teacher is that the only word you can use to describe people that do not think like you. All credibilty lost duke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta