U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-25-2010, 10:53 PM

3,580 posts, read 4,102,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Please explain to me the part where he states in this article about how the mothers would allow him to "paddle them" and when he said bend over they would bend over because he first died for them????!!!! The only person that first died for them was Jesus Christ, Yeshua Hamishiach(Jesus's name in Hebrew)...No one else..!!!So Please explain to me what this man meant by that statement

Accused pastor crusaded against homosexuals - CNN.com

Bishop Eddie Long did say "the word of God is his sperm."

YouTube - "BISHOP" EDDIE LONG'S FRESH SPERM HERESY

Old 09-26-2010, 05:46 AM

30 posts, read 32,269 times
I think that maybe, I dont want to be in the army anymore, being a pastor looks pretty sweet, you can be a troll all you want and people will idolize you.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 AM

1,120 posts, read 1,487,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJack View Post
I think that maybe, I dont want to be in the army anymore, being a pastor looks pretty sweet, you can be a troll all you want and people will idolize you.

That's very true.

One woman of the congregation was interviewed this morning and she said, "THE ENEMY IS AT WORK HERE."

Little does she realize that the enemy is in fact Bishop Eddie Long. That's the real enemy.

WSB-TV is showing the traffic into the Lithonia church, and I'm a little amazed at the expensive cars. You name it-$80,000 BMW's, and Range Rovers.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 AM

2,106 posts, read 1,524,628 times
I went on his website to see if I could stream it live and I was not able to do so. They must have heavy traffic on their website today. I am so saddened by these reports. I never kept up with him but evidently many had their faith in this preacher. This really makes the Body of Christ look bad.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:14 AM

397 posts, read 397,320 times
I'm watching this scene now on TV. I'm sure it will be cut off soon. Edit - It wasn't cut off, but he didn't really say anything.

We do NOT know if he is innocent or guilty. That is true. For his congregation to contantly cheer this man after every 4 words after these allegations is comical though.

I have to go now. I have a appointment with Eddie's tailor.

Last edited by bdawk; 09-26-2010 at 07:25 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 AM

2,106 posts, read 1,524,628 times
I was able to view via B.E.T I saw his rebuttle. He stated "I am under attack, the man that is being portrayed is NOT me" He also stated he felt like David against Goliath and he ended his statement by saying he has 5 rocks and hasn't thrown one yet Then threw the mic down and grabbed his wife's hand and walked out..

When he first came to the pulpit he didn't appear to be remorseful in the least. He kept orchestrating with his hands to the band to pump up the drums then telling them to calm down while the crowd was clapping and awaiting what he had to say.

His wife was up their in the beginning and her body language to me seemed like someone who was in pain.

My first thought was that he didn't deny that he did any of this. He states"I am under attack, the man that is being portrayed is NOT me" I thought to myself he is deflecting the attacks. It states in the Bible we are new creatures in Christ. Once you repent your sins are forgiven and cast into the sea of unforgetfulness as far as the east is from the west. So perhaps he repented of those sins, but can no longer identify with those acts he may have committed. I think the best thing for him to do is unequivocally denounce all the attacks and not use ambigous terms. He should've said "I did NOT molest those young men" When you have a crowd that you know is in your favour and your at your homecourt, you could say the sky is blue and everyone will rejoice and be glad because they want to believe all that you said.

I think Eddie Long is going to be in for the fight of his life and I hope his attorneys are ready for this battle, if these allegations are true I hope the young men will not relent and see this case to justice. I am just worried that the young men may back down because to me Eddie looks more like the Goliath against these young men, he is the one with the connections.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
I'm watching this scene now on TV. I'm sure it will be cut off soon. Edit - It wasn't cut off, but he didn't really say anything.

We do NOT know if he is innocent or guilty. That is true. For his congregation to contantly cheer this man after every 4 words after these allegations is comical though.

I have to go now. I have a appointment with Eddie's tailor.

You mean Benny Hinn's tailor. What a strange outfit. Not very butch and masculine to say the least. Why dress in such a sissy outfit?

This entire thing is a public relations disaster.

New Birth said yesterday morning that Eddie Long's comments would be televised. Then last night that statement was rescinded.

Then this morning the church alludes to the fact that only his opening statements will be televised and the rest of the talk will be cut. NOT TRUE.

In the end, the whole cocky affair was televised.

I agree with bdawk. Eddie Long essentially said nothing except I'm not the man being portrayed by the media.

Eddie Long also appeared extremely cocky and arrogant. Like I'm an internationally and nationally revered televangelist and just try to touch me. I'm bigger than you.

I'm surprised the congregation didn't get on their knees and bow to the all-important, rich, televangelist, star. Kissing his Rolex watch and several 15 carat diamond rings would have been a nice touch.

I didn't sense humility. He just had this arrogant swagger.

I'd like to see this self-loathing homosexual cut down to size. I bet he'll be a little bit more humble.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I was able to view via B.E.T I saw his rebuttle. He stated "I am under attack, the man that is being portrayed is NOT me" He also stated he felt like David against Goliath and he ended his statement by saying he has 5 rocks and hasn't thrown one yet Then threw the mic down and grabbed his wife's hand and walked out..

When he first came to the pulpit he didn't appear to be remorseful in the least. He kept orchestrating with his hands to the band to pump up the drums then telling them to calm down while the crowd was clapping and awaiting what he had to say.

His wife was up their in the beginning and her body language to me seemed like someone who was in pain.

My first thought was that he didn't deny that he did any of this. He states"I am under attack, the man that is being portrayed is NOT me" I thought to myself he is deflecting the attacks. It states in the Bible we are new creatures in Christ. Once you repent your sins are forgiven and cast into the sea of unforgetfulness as far as the east is from the west. So perhaps he repented of those sins, but can no longer identify with those acts he may have committed. I think the best thing for him to do is unequivocally denounce all the attacks and not use ambigous terms. He should've said "I did NOT molest those young men" When you have a crowd that you know is in your favour and your at your homecourt, you could say the sky is blue and everyone will rejoice and be glad because they want to believe all that you said.

I think Eddie Long is going to be in for the fight of his life and I hope his attorneys are ready for this battle, if these allegations are true I hope the young men will not relent and see this case to justice. I am just worried that the young men may back down because to me Eddie looks more like the Goliath against these young men, he is the one with the connections.

I agree with you. He sure didn't seem to be very remorseful. In fact, not at all.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 AM

4,688 posts, read 3,277,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
I agree with you. He sure didn't seem to be very remorseful. In fact, not at all.
Why be remorseful if you are innocient? Not saying he is but....

Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 AM

460 posts, read 987,216 times
I wish I could have music playing under everything I said today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta