U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Location: island of misfit toys
120 posts, read 103,024 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Yo! Why dont You educated us on how to be gay? Id like to know the process, Lets not use the word Ignorance as a cop out.

Too all gay dudes in this forum please explain how you became gay so str8 people can understand and NOT be ignorant. Help people learn how to be gay. Please & Thank You.

Since im browsing and saw this...

Can you explain how you became straight?
I didn't think so.
Seriously its not a choice. Or better yet... what if tried to be gay for while could you do it?.... didn't think so.

It's really REALLY that simple.

Now everyone has a different walk. You do have some folk who dibble and dabble or experiment but the numbers aren't as high. Yall fall into this DL hype all you want to but i can tell you as a gay man YES there are bisexual men who have sex with men when they feel like it but it's no epedemic as some folks want you to think. even some of the kids (gays). It don't go that deep.

but to answer your question again... there is no "process" your simply born inclined to be attracted to what your attracted to. God you sound retarted.

 
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
260 posts, read 269,429 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Call me cruel or careless, but I have a hard time feeling any sympathy or remorse for these boys. It's blatantly obvious the only reason they decided to come forth with this is because of how the pastor used them up and when he got tired of them; he threw them to the side. They are lovers scorned; not victims feeling as if something as important as their innocence was stolen from them.

It's great the pastor is being exposed, but the reasoning behind it is all wrong. They would've never came out with this if he was still hushing them up with expensive trips and lavish gifts.

Seriously, the dude in Colorado sounds like a complete psycho. He's still very much in love with Eddie Long and is only doing this because he can't have him to himself.

"Pastor Long is seduction in the eyes of a boy without a father".

I'm strongly against child molestation and other indecent behavior with minors, but this dude is on some other stuff.

I have to agree with you on this. I am in NO way condoning anything but these young men were not, in my opinion, misguided innocents. I believe they knew exactly what they were doing and more important why they were doing what they were doing--to get paid, simple as that.

If someone else had come along with a bigger wallet or car or prestige, they would have been the ones dumping Eddie Long.

If Eddie Long is guilty then yes he did breach a trust, and he has his own issues to deal with but he didn't coerce them. They were old enough to understand what the deal was even if they were naive enough to think no one else would come along and take their place down the line.

And while fingers are pointing at Eddie, I agree with you, where were the parent(s)/adult figures in their lives? No way I could come home with a car or any other expensive gift, or be going on international vacations without my mother raising an eyebrow and 20 questions in rapid succession.

'And the single parent/lack of father figure in their lives' excuse doesn't cut it.Many are raised by single parents including my brother and I and our parents had us in check. There is plenty of blame and fingers to point in this situation-the accused, the accussers, the parent(s)/parental figures, etc. There aren't too many blame-less parties, possibly only varying degrees of blame or shame.

To me this is more about scorned lovers seeking revenge against their ex .
If the charges for that theft against the initial plaintiffs were dropped, would this sexual suit had been filed at all?

No matter how this is analyzed, bottom linem, it isn't pretty.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island and Atlanta, GA
12,460 posts, read 17,948,016 times
Reputation: 5424
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
I have to agree with you on this. I am in NO way condoning anything but these young men were not, in my opinion, misguided innocents. I believe they knew exactly what they were doing and more important why they were doing what they were doing--to get paid, simple as that.

If someone else had come along with a bigger wallet or car or prestige, they would have been the ones dumping Eddie Long.

If Eddie Long is guilty then yes he did breach a trust, and he has his own issues to deal with but he didn't coerce them. They were old enough to understand what the deal was even if they were naive enough to think no one else would come along and take their place down the line.

And while fingers are pointing at Eddie, I agree with you, where were the parent(s)/adult figures in their lives? No way I could come home with a car or any other expensive gift, or be going on international vacations without my mother raising an eyebrow and 20 questions in rapid succession.

'And the single parent/lack of father figure in their lives' excuse doesn't cut it.Many are raised by single parents including my brother and I and our parents had us in check. There is plenty of blame and fingers to point in this situation-the accused, the accussers, the parent(s)/parental figures, etc. There aren't too many blame-less parties, possibly only varying degrees of blame or shame.

To me this is more about scorned lovers seeking revenge against their ex .
If the charges for that theft against the initial plaintiffs were dropped, would this sexual suit had been filed at all?

No matter how this is analyzed, bottom line, it isn't pretty.
Bingo. Not to condone the alleged actions of Bishop Long, but for the reason that NYPeach states, I find it hard to work up any sense of righteous indignation for the so-called victims here. The same goes for those tramps that stood there boo-hoo-hooing next to Gloria Allred in front of the cameras because they were 'done so wrong' by Tiger Woods.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 AM
 
281 posts, read 354,343 times
Reputation: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Bingo. Not to condone the alleged actions of Bishop Long, but for the reason that NYPeach states, I find it hard to work up any sense of righteous indignation for the so-called victims here. The same goes for those tramps that stood there boo-hoo-hooing next to Gloria Allred in front of the cameras because they were 'done so wrong' by Tiger Woods.
These KIDS were seduced and brainwashed by a very persuasive pastor over several years. They also had no male role model in their life. Totally different than Tiger Woods mistresses. I'm surprised you can't see the difference.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
2,750 posts, read 2,157,378 times
Reputation: 1407
I agree with this myself.

Having come from a single parent household myself, I can tell you folks with extreme certainty that my mom had pretty much a "big brother" sentry-style watchful eye over me and my sister's lives. Of course there some things that got past her, but nothing like coming home in expensive clothes or being picked up by older gentlemen in fancy BMW's or Mecedes Benzes. There is no f------ way she would've allowed ANYTHING of that sort.

The parents of these boys, be they married or single, simply looked the other way. I am so tired of my community failing in this way when it comes to parental & personal responsibility on waaay too many occasions. Always blaming the "the man" for their own misguided actions.

It's time to take a sharp & scrutinizing eye at the actions of the monster megachurches and their larger-than-life preachers once & for all & see them for what they truly are: Just a bunch of glorified cults!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
I have to agree with you on this. I am in NO way condoning anything but these young men were not, in my opinion, misguided innocents. I believe they knew exactly what they were doing and more important why they were doing what they were doing--to get paid, simple as that.

If someone else had come along with a bigger wallet or car or prestige, they would have been the ones dumping Eddie Long.

If Eddie Long is guilty then yes he did breach a trust, and he has his own issues to deal with but he didn't coerce them. They were old enough to understand what the deal was even if they were naive enough to think no one else would come along and take their place down the line.

And while fingers are pointing at Eddie, I agree with you, where were the parent(s)/adult figures in their lives? No way I could come home with a car or any other expensive gift, or be going on international vacations without my mother raising an eyebrow and 20 questions in rapid succession.

'And the single parent/lack of father figure in their lives' excuse doesn't cut it.Many are raised by single parents including my brother and I and our parents had us in check. There is plenty of blame and fingers to point in this situation-the accused, the accussers, the parent(s)/parental figures, etc. There aren't too many blame-less parties, possibly only varying degrees of blame or shame.

To me this is more about scorned lovers seeking revenge against their ex .
If the charges for that theft against the initial plaintiffs were dropped, would this sexual suit had been filed at all?

No matter how this is analyzed, bottom linem, it isn't pretty.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,832 posts, read 18,444,084 times
Reputation: 6637
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
These KIDS were seduced and brainwashed by a very persuasive pastor over several years. They also had no male role model in their life. Totally different than Tiger Woods mistresses. I'm surprised you can't see the difference.
They managed to go 14-17 years without a father, but all of sudden they are willing to sleep with a man for fancy things?? I doubt the kids truly gave a damn about their innocence and were well aware of what they were doing.

People are acting like 14-17 year olds are completely clueless about anything. At this point you should be well aware of your decisions and the consequences of your actions. Paster Eddie is definitely wrong for what he did, but these boys should be held responsible as well.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Southern California
728 posts, read 550,406 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
I have to agree with you on this. I am in NO way condoning anything but these young men were not, in my opinion, misguided innocents. I believe they knew exactly what they were doing and more important why they were doing what they were doing--to get paid, simple as that.

If someone else had come along with a bigger wallet or car or prestige, they would have been the ones dumping Eddie Long.

If Eddie Long is guilty then yes he did breach a trust, and he has his own issues to deal with but he didn't coerce them. They were old enough to understand what the deal was even if they were naive enough to think no one else would come along and take their place down the line.

And while fingers are pointing at Eddie, I agree with you, where were the parent(s)/adult figures in their lives? No way I could come home with a car or any other expensive gift, or be going on international vacations without my mother raising an eyebrow and 20 questions in rapid succession.

'And the single parent/lack of father figure in their lives' excuse doesn't cut it.Many are raised by single parents including my brother and I and our parents had us in check. There is plenty of blame and fingers to point in this situation-the accused, the accussers, the parent(s)/parental figures, etc. There aren't too many blame-less parties, possibly only varying degrees of blame or shame.

To me this is more about scorned lovers seeking revenge against their ex .
If the charges for that theft against the initial plaintiffs were dropped, would this sexual suit had been filed at all?

No matter how this is analyzed, bottom linem, it isn't pretty.
Excellent post. Long is looking more and more pathetic as this thing drags out. But people can spare me with the "abused victims" talk. These guys were of the legal age of consent. At 17 and 18 you know what you are doing. They were paid very well for it. The gravy train stopped. The attention stopped, and now they feel jilted.

On a side note, it is amazing to me that there is no church governing body that can remove Long from his position. The accusations and (more importantly) Long's response to those accusations make him a distraction and a hindrance to New Birth members. However, since Long is at the top of the food chain in his organization he can remain in position as long as he likes. Hopefully these accusations will bring to light the need for real checks and balances in these huge non-denominational churches. In a vocation that is supposed to be all about serving others no man should be so secure in his position that he can't be checked or removed. Dictatorships rarely do well at serving the needs of the "regular" people. Of course, if New Birth members tolerate it then nothing will change. Seeing Long as a "prophet" and an "anointed man of God" or "under attack" gets in the way of demanding change and true accountability.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
 
13,801 posts, read 8,170,869 times
Reputation: 3244
Of course parents should watch out for their kids. And of course teenagers should know not to engage in sex with adults.

But none of that offers ANY excuse whatsoever for a grown man -- especially one in a unique position of power and trust -- to embark on the sexual seduction of young people entrusted to him and to enter into complex, long term sexual affairs with them. It's a serious mistake to excuse or minimize his culpability by blaming his victims.

It doesn't matter whether he was rich and they were attracted by his money and influence. It doesn't matter whether they were boys or girls. It doesn't matter one iota whether they had slack parents. The bottom line is that it is the man's responsibility as an adult to say "NO, under no circumstances will I permit a sexual relationship between myself and these boys." It is his responsibility to protect them from sexual advances by older men, not to prey upon their vulnerabilities.

Period. EOD.
 
Old 10-01-2010, 12:18 PM
 
281 posts, read 354,343 times
Reputation: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Of course parents should watch out for their kids. And of course teenagers should know not to engage in sex with adults.

But none of that offers ANY excuse whatsoever for a grown man -- especially one in a unique position of power and trust -- to embark on the sexual seduction of young people entrusted to him and to enter into complex, long term sexual affairs with them. It's a serious mistake to excuse or minimize his culpability by blaming his victims.

It doesn't matter whether he was rich and they were attracted by his money and influence. It doesn't matter whether they were boys or girls. It doesn't matter one iota whether they had slack parents. The bottom line is that it is the man's responsibility as an adult to say "NO, under no circumstances will I permit a sexual relationship between myself and these boys." It is his responsibility to protect them from sexual advances by older men, not to prey upon their vulnerabilities.

Period. EOD.
Great post. I can't believe none of these other folks agree. I guess they are blinded by their love of this sociopath (Long).
 
Old 10-01-2010, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,614 posts, read 3,499,506 times
Reputation: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Excellent post. Long is looking more and more pathetic as this thing drags out. But people can spare me with the "abused victims" talk. These guys were of the legal age of consent. At 17 and 18 you know what you are doing. They were paid very well for it. The gravy train stopped. The attention stopped, and now they feel jilted.

On a side note, it is amazing to me that there is no church governing body that can remove Long from his position. The accusations and (more importantly) Long's response to those accusations make him a distraction and a hindrance to New Birth members. However, since Long is at the top of the food chain in his organization he can remain in position as long as he likes. Hopefully these accusations will bring to light the need for real checks and balances in these huge non-denominational churches. In a vocation that is supposed to be all about serving others no man should be so secure in his position that he can't be checked or removed. Dictatorships rarely do well at serving the needs of the "regular" people. Of course, if New Birth members tolerate it then nothing will change. Seeing Long as a "prophet" and an "anointed man of God" or "under attack" gets in the way of demanding change and true accountability.

Excellent post!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top