U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 AM

2,592 posts, read 2,870,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
Wow, this thread gets more and more interesting as the days go by! If I do feel sorry for anyone in this horrible situation, it is not Eddie Long nor those boys, but for his wife and children. What were his children feeling like while he was mentoring and being a father figure to these boys? I am sure with the trips taken, the "sessions" at these very places these boys claim to have had with him and everything else, HIS children probably felt like they had an absent father.

Wow...just...wow!
Most pastor's children have have a strong disdain for them for that very reason. I know, my pastor has spoken strongly numerous times about cutting back in the past and rebuilding his relationship with his oldest child who has a strong dislike for him because he spent so much time with the church and member issues that he felt forgotten. It's a reason why folks say pastors children are the worst..

Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 PM

281 posts, read 361,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No, I was not comparing them. The 'thuglets' are hiding behind their age once caught, but were perfectly capable of committing the act of a full-blown sociopath prior.
Again, am I suggesting that Long is the wronged party here? OF COURSE NOT. But do I see these 'victims' as angelic-faced altar boys? Again, of course not. This was an 'arrangement', quid pro quo. And as has been implied in posts previous, 'Hell Hath No Fury...'.
You seem to know a lot about the mindset of the victims. I guess you have spent hours talking to them and their parents?

Old 10-02-2010, 01:13 PM

14,170 posts, read 8,674,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
... but at 16 and 17 years old, you know certain things, they were not complete innocents.
I agree. A lot of us were working and raising families at that age.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:42 PM

14,170 posts, read 8,674,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
I don't condone Eddie if he did what he is accused of, but I believe this is being brought to light now, not because these men find what they did repulsive, they are angry, they feel scorn and they are seeking revenge.

"Seeking Justice" would have been saying something years ago when this started, not after you've partaken of all the goodies and then been kicked to the curb and replaced.
There might be an element of revenge but I think it's probably more complicated. Sometimes people who've been seduced by an older, more powerful person have intense feelings of guilt and shame. They may fear that their seducer will attack and try to undermine them. They may worry that people will not believe them or take them seriously, or claim that they should have known better. They may even feel some affection for the man who seduced them and not want to hurt him. In the case of a father-figure/preacher, they may still believe that the older man hold some kind of power or moral authority over them. Some victims feel alone and powerless, and it's only after they've gotten older and stronger, or learned that they were not the only ones who'd been taken advantage of, that they find the courage to come forward. Some victims are motivated by a desire to see that the seducer is stopped and that he doesn't keep doing it to others.

Those are just some of the reasons why the sexual seduction of the young by older, powerful men is so inappropriate. They hold all the cards, including the power to silence the people they prey on, often for many years or maybe even forever.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:11 PM

283 posts, read 334,339 times
Quote:
No, I was not comparing them. The 'thuglets' are hiding behind their age once caught, but were perfectly capable of committing the act of a full-blown sociopath prior.
Again, am I suggesting that Long is the wronged party here? OF COURSE NOT. But do I see these 'victims' as angelic-faced altar boys? Again, of course not. This was an 'arrangement', quid pro quo. And as has been implied in posts previous, 'Hell Hath No Fury...'.
So what ARE you saying? Are you not an Eddie Long supporter?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stationplay View Post
Since im browsing and saw this...

Can you explain how you became straight?
I didn't think so.
Seriously its not a choice. Or better yet... what if tried to be gay for while could you do it?.... didn't think so.

It's really REALLY that simple.

Now everyone has a different walk. You do have some folk who dibble and dabble or experiment but the numbers aren't as high. Yall fall into this DL hype all you want to but i can tell you as a gay man YES there are bisexual men who have sex with men when they feel like it but it's no epedemic as some folks want you to think. even some of the kids (gays). It don't go that deep.

but to answer your question again... there is no "process" your simply born inclined to be attracted to what your attracted to. God you sound retarted.
You emotional man? You calling me a retard and you are gay? Cool that makes sense. Relax Johnny Storm...seriously.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
That any interest in this is mostly of a prurient nature and that it's none of my business.
This post is way more interesting now. 40 PAGES LATER.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Is there some sort of play book that gays and their supporters break out anytime someone uses the Bible to denounce homosexuality? Seriously, anytime someone says anything about homosexuality being a sin the shellfish arguement comes out. It's as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow.
Gay lawyers are good man. I have no issues with gay dudes fighting back. People want to do what THEY WANT TO DO, I dont know why people try to justify things just do what you want! Its a waste of time trying to convince a homosexual of biblical beliefs, leave them alone and focus on your own life. Not for you personally, just saying in general. Gay people are the least of the WORLDS problems IMEO.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 AM

12,618 posts, read 18,445,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
You seem to know a lot about the mindset of the victims. I guess you have spent hours talking to them and their parents?
Well, like my dear mama used to say, "I may not know everything, but I do know the difference between chicken salad and chicken s**t."

Old 10-03-2010, 06:55 AM

12,618 posts, read 18,445,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
So what ARE you saying? Are you not an Eddie Long supporter?
No, I am not, and I think I've made that quite clear...smarmy snake-oil salesmen have never been my cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta