U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,858,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post
Not commenting on the allegations until proven, but it has always rubbed me wrong seeing pictures of his $1 million+ home. I really don't know if he was rich before starting his church, but it just seems kind of silly for a pastor to live like that if it came from his followers' cash.
To me the first sign of a charlatan is flaunting your wealth the way that Long has done. It also doesnt speak well of the members of his congregation as they have obviously been suckered into giving this so called man of god their hard earned money.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 AM

2,914 posts, read 3,907,761 times
Does "gaydar" also work for bisexuals and heteroflexible men too, and for this very large group of bi and heteroflexible men, is it still called gaydar because they are not technically gay by definition? I know from personal experience that so many bisexual and heteroflexible men are never detected by people who claim to have exceptional "deluxe" gaydar.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 AM

28,197 posts, read 24,802,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Does "gaydar" also work for bisexuals and heteroflexible men too, and for this very large group of bi and heteroflexible men, is it still called gaydar because they are not technically gay by definition? I know from personal experience that so many bisexual and heteroflexible men are never detected by people who claim to have exceptional "deluxe" gaydar.
Dumb question but what is heteroflexible?

ETA: I looked it up and I gather that means somebody who is mainly heterosexual but doesn't rule out a same-sex relationship?

Old 09-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Yep. Urbandictionary: heteroflexible: a person who identifies as a heterosexual, but is not afraid to explore curiosity towards the same sex.
Nathan: What's heteroflexible?
Brian: It's where someone is straight, but isn't opposed to sex with another man or woman

Heteroflexible is the New Gay

Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,858,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Sorry but if you buger another guy or think about doing it you are gay wether you like women or not!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 AM

6,931 posts, read 9,634,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Sorry but if you buger another guy or think about doing it you are gay wether you like women or not!
This kind of definition reminds me of old racial mindsets that if you have one ounce of AA blood, you are "black." Why isn't the shoe on the other foot? What about a primarily homosexual male that has an occasional heterosexual experience? Why doesn't that make him straight?

See a double standard in definitions here.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 AM

28,197 posts, read 24,802,750 times
Quote:
That sounds like the "one drop" theory. Take the guy who has always been in opposite-sex relationships only but he privately finds another man attractive at some level. Is he gay even if he never acts on the attraction? We wouldn't call everybody who has thought about using cocaine a drug addict.

Hate to say it but that sort of seems like the mind police.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,229,218 times
Quote:

Bishop Eddie Long has told the media that the young men's sexual allegations center around money. Money is the motivating factor.

Money, huh? What do you know?

Billionaires, multimillionaires, and Bishop Eddie Long, listen up. The following is news you might want to be apprised of:

Bentley Owners,

"Luxury car firm Bentley is recalling hundreds of vehicles over fears that its "Flying B" hood ornament could impale pedestrians."

Hopefully, Bishop Eddie Long can get his Bentley's ornament removed or sanded down so it won't impale pedestrians.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
sorry, but you have erroneous, unscientific definitions of sexual orientation.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,351,603 times
The boys attorney says there are text messages and emails to prove these things. This has been going on in the Black churches for a while now this shouldnt be shocking to anyone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or