U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 10:57 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,223,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
The boys attorney says there are text messages and emails to prove these things. This has been going on in the Black churches for a while now this shouldnt be shocking to anyone...

On the noon news I saw pictures of Eddie Long wearing skin-tight muscle shirts that he's apparently been sending to people. The media now has these pictures.

I'm sure there are text messages and emails that people have, too.

Something is going on.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 AM

282 posts, read 540,647 times
Eddie Long is guilty! His best move is to leave town & start his gospel hustle somewhere else. Ive never been a fan of these fashion show churches or the preachers that lead them. Id like to know what are the official charges? Being gay is not a crime, tricking people out of their cash? Maybe...Are these guys trying to get him locked up or trying to get him to settle. If what they are saying is true, putting the guy in prison should be the only option.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,380,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Eddie Long is guilty! His best move is to leave town & start his gospel hustle somewhere else. Ive never been a fan of these fashion show churches or the preachers that lead them. Id like to know what are the official charges? Being gay is not a crime, tricking people out of their cash? Maybe...Are these guys trying to get him locked up or trying to get him to settle. If what they are saying is true, putting the guy in prison should be the only option.
Unofficially---
The consensus seems to be 'hypocrisy'--in which case most of us would be guilty--to greater and lesser degrees. He considers homosexuality a 'sin'.

It's a mess--I'm not certain he could just pack his bags and begin again elsewhere.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,851,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
That sounds like the "one drop" theory. Take the guy who has always been in opposite-sex relationships only but he privately finds another man attractive at some level. Is he gay even if he never acts on the attraction? We wouldn't call everybody who has thought about using cocaine a drug addict.

Hate to say it but that sort of seems like the mind police.
No but he is clearly confused about his own sexuality. I just find it VERY hard to believe that any guy who has these thoughts is heterosexual whether he acts on his homosexual desires or not. Bi-sexual would be a better description. Or repressed or confused bi-sexual if he hasnt acted on them.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Does "gaydar" also work for bisexuals and heteroflexible men too, and for this very large group of bi and heteroflexible men, is it still called gaydar because they are not technically gay by definition? I know from personal experience that so many bisexual and heteroflexible men are never detected by people who claim to have exceptional "deluxe" gaydar.

Undetectable? I don't know about that.

Straights, and even gays, are getting smarter as to a person's sexual orientation.

With so many "outed" VIPs, politicans, actors, and preachers, it's getting much easier to assess things. Homosexuality was not on the radar screen until the 1970s. It was basically a hush-hush subject until Stonewall. That was in 1969.

When I first came out in a mid-size city, I only had interaction with gay men. There were very, very few lesbians at the two gay bars in town. The bars were 99 percent men. I couldn't detect a lesbian then.

Eventually I had more interaction with lesbians and I received quite an education.

All of these cute-sounding names for "different types of homosexuals" is kind of a farce. Either a person is heterosexual, homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual.

Some gays, when they first come out, tell people they're bisexual when many are in fact homosexual. They're lessening the potential impact it may have on people by saying they're bisexual.

"Mom and dad, I think I should tell you I'm bisexual."

"Johnny, at least that's better than being one of those homosexuals. You'll find a nice girl one day and those bisexual feelings will all go away."

Last edited by Zel Ya; 09-23-2010 at 12:04 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 12:00 PM

28,109 posts, read 24,632,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
No but he is clearly confused about his own sexuality. I just find it VERY hard to believe that any guy who has these thoughts is heterosexual whether he acts on his homosexual desires or not. Bi-sexual would be a better description. Or repressed or confused bi-sexual if he hasnt acted on them.
To me it seems just the opposite. The more confused person is the one who believes like she or he has to go through life wearing a set of rigid socially imposed blinders: "Must...not...find...person...of... same...sex...attractive." Why deny normal, legitimate human emotions in order to comply with somebody else's stereotype of how men and women are "supposed" to think? People who do that often wind up leading very restricted, closeted and even secretive lives.

And goodness, I hope we're not down to the stage where considering somebody attractive means you jump their bones. Even solidly heterosexual men can find a woman attractive without acting out sexual behaviors.

We could call that repressing one's feelings, but I'd simply say it's common sense and respect for others. That's where this Rev. jumped the track. Nothing wrong with being gay or even finding young guys attractive. But you never, ever cross the line by acting out when there are gross disparities of age, power, education, etc., or when you are in a position of trust.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:10 PM

6,892 posts, read 9,584,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
We could call that repressing one's feelings, but I'd simply say it's common sense and respect for others. That's where this Rev. jumped the track. Nothing wrong with being gay or even finding young guys attractive. But you never, ever cross the line by acting out when there are gross disparities of age, power, education, etc., or when you are in a position of trust.
Or even a more simple boundary line: When you are married, you don't fool around sexually with anyone or anything other than your spouse.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 PM

7,848 posts, read 17,801,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
CNN is all OVER this puppy this morning ... it was their 2nd story at the top and bottom of every hour this morning on HLN -- of course that's probably because some of their editors / producers / anchors go there, for the bling and all, dontcha know.
It was also on the front page of two NC papers I read this morning...it isn't just CNN or Atlanta press, but it seems to be big news in other places as well.

People just don't ever want to believe that a trusted person like him would use his power to take liberties such as this. It's all too common, as evidenced by the many scandals occuring in the Catholic Church throughout the world. These men are usually the nicest people who hardly anyone would suspect, so people need to open their eyes and REALLY be aware of who is hanging out with and paying attention to their children!

Of course this guy is innocent until proven guilty, but I have to believe that it is a very difficult thing for these young men to come out with these allegations, and it wouldn't be something that most people would come forth with if not true. I hope more and more people are held accountable for these kind of attrocities - too many of them have gone/are going unpunished.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,708,938 times
Prancing around in a pulpit in tight, white muscle shirts is all I need to see. And that permed thing on his head is another telling feature.

Hey, we all have our struggles and skeletons, but to be up there condemning the very thing it appears one is indulging in, is so wrong and using a ancient, primitve book to back it up with.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post

The Eddie Long news is probably taking some of the heat off of Nathan Deal's troubles.

I don't know which is worse: Eddie Long's troubles or Nathan Deal's troubles? I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or