U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 01:38 PM

305 posts, read 888,044 times

Advertisements

Dear Heavenly Father, we come to YOU as humble as we know how giving you praise honor and glory Lord, not just for the things you have given us, life, family forgivness and love but for also saving us. When WE all of us was yet in sin YOU Lord you cover us, you could have judge us all but you didnt instead you sent your SON to die on the cross for us, and LORD we still dont get it, instead of taking your word we prey against each other, instead of lifting one another up LORD we tear each other down. God YOU are all seeing all knowing you know the faults of each of us, and yet YOU gave us breath to either display the same love you gave to us to others, but GOD now WE need your heart to bring that foward LORD WE NEED YOUR WILL TO BE DONE.

LORD give us the discrement not to use your grace in judgement but Allow us the HEART to use as you intended for it to be use to bring others TO YOU, give us the mind to examine ourselves and to WORK ON THE PLANK in our own eyes before we are so quick to work on what Bishop might BE Doing.

For Lord it is so easy to lash out on the hurt and to argue at others but GOD you placed your TRUE children in a place of LOVE and FORGIVENESS and GOD SOMETIMES people hurt us just as they HURT YOU I guess - give us the strenghth you had to make it through, past all the nay sayers, let us continue to do YOUR WORK JESUS to remember it ALL ABOUT YOU LORD, For LORD in your Word you proclaim we are IN THE WORLD, but we and NOT OF THIS WORLD, and LORD its hard be be laugh at for doing WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE US TO DO, but still all we do WE DO IN YOUR NAME LORD, Your Word tells me to pray for my enemies so here I am LORD I ask that you bless each and every person on this forum that speak not against Bishop Long, but against the GOOD you have placed in HIM, GOD, take away the judgement that they each have LORD, and give them the HEART you intended for them to HAVE LORD. GIVE THEM open EYES to Glorify YOU in all situations including this one, I hope NO God I pray that it is the will of YOUR People not Bishop people to have your WILL be done in all that we do we trust in YOU, Yes we sit and we learn under the leadership you place us under but WE walk in the FAITH OF YOU LORD and LORD WE know THAT ALL THINGS WORK FOR OUR GOOD BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!!!! thank you Jesus, IN YOUR NAME WE ALL PRAY AND I am confident that is my church family (NEWBIRTH) pray as well and we stand on your Word.

AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN -it is DONE

Old 09-23-2010, 01:45 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,853,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
Dear Heavenly Father, we come to YOU as humble as we know how giving you praise honor and glory Lord, not just for the things you have given us, life, family forgivness and love but for also saving us. When WE all of us was yet in sin YOU Lord you cover us, you could have judge us all but you didnt instead you sent your SON to die on the cross for us, and LORD we still dont get it, instead of taking your word we prey against each other, instead of lifting one another up LORD we tear each other down. God YOU are all seeing all knowing you know the faults of each of us, and yet YOU gave us breath to either display the same love you gave to us to others, but GOD now WE need your heart to bring that foward LORD WE NEED YOUR WILL TO BE DONE.

LORD give us the discrement not to use your grace in judgement but Allow us the HEART to use as you intended for it to be use to bring others TO YOU, give us the mind to examine ourselves and to WORK ON THE PLANK in our own eyes before we are so quick to work on what Bishop might BE Doing.

For Lord it is so easy to lash out on the hurt and to argue at others but GOD you placed your TRUE children in a place of LOVE and FORGIVENESS and GOD SOMETIMES people hurt us just as they HURT YOU I guess - give us the strenghth you had to make it through, past all the nay sayers, let us continue to do YOUR WORK JESUS to remember it ALL ABOUT YOU LORD, For LORD in your Word you proclaim we are IN THE WORLD, but we and NOT OF THIS WORLD, and LORD its hard be be laugh at for doing WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE US TO DO, but still all we do WE DO IN YOUR NAME LORD, Your Word tells me to pray for my enemies so here I am LORD I ask that you bless each and every person on this forum that speak not against Bishop Long, but against the GOOD you have placed in HIM, GOD, take away the judgement that they each have LORD, and give them the HEART you intended for them to HAVE LORD. GIVE THEM open EYES to Glorify YOU in all situations including this one, I hope NO God I pray that it is the will of YOUR People not Bishop people to have your WILL be done in all that we do we trust in YOU, Yes we sit and we learn under the leadership you place us under but WE walk in the FAITH OF YOU LORD and LORD WE know THAT ALL THINGS WORK FOR OUR GOOD BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!!!! thank you Jesus, IN YOUR NAME WE ALL PRAY AND I am confident that is my church family (NEWBIRTH) pray as well and we stand on your Word.

AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN -it is DONE
Take these sexual accusations out of it, do you have a problem with your Bishop's opulent lifestyle. If not, why is that?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Prancing around in a pulpit in tight, white muscle shirts is all I need to see. And that permed thing on his head is another telling feature.

Hey, we all have our struggles and skeletons, but to be up there condemning the very thing it appears one is indulging in, is so wrong and using a ancient, primitve book to back it up with.
This is rank Christianaphobia!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,233,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Innocent until proven guilty..yada, yada, yada.......
IMO not only is Eddie Long a closeted homosexual, but he is a pedophile. My uncle went to NC Central Univ. with Eddie Long, and he has been saying for years that he is gay. When my cousin graduated from Redan High, the ceremony was in the New Birth Chapel, and my uncle kept making jokes about how Eddie Long would never have been able to reach the level he had if his congregation knew the REAL Eddie Long. And this was years ago. And to put the icing on the cake this man preys on teenage boys, so not only is he gay, all the while espousing hate towards gays (Ted Haggert anyone?), but this man is a borderline sex predator. I don't care what the legal age of consent is in GA, messing with a 16 or 17 y/o child is sick. And I'm not even touching on the fact he "allegedly" used church funds to take the boys on trips and buy them new cars...Like really???? I personally know people who give money to this man every Sunday, when allot of them are not even in the financial position to do so, but yet they still do. And he is basically taking their money and "tricking it off"...I'm so sick of my black brothers and sisters blindly following these mega church pastors its not funny......We give the most financially to these churches, and allot of times we are the ones who need to be saving every dime. But yet because he is "a Man of God", I should give him this hard earned money out of my pocket and let my house get foreclosed on, while this "Man of God", pushes a brand new Porshe Sedan on Monday, then a brand new Bentley on Tuesday, then hops in his private jet on Wednesday....Give me a break. I hope this makes the world see what Eddie Long and people like him are really all about...
I never said I supported Long. My point was I refuse to believe allegations just because they are made. Some of the very same people who are anti-relgion and tell folks to use the brains are the very same ones that will believe allegations without any proof.

I am no fan of Long's message of prosperity. I am no fan of Long himself. I am just a skeptic. Gossip and hearsay don't do it for me. I don't care about what sister so and so is talking about. The accusers are supposed to have some pretty damning evidence (according to their attorney). If that is true, then fine. If that is made public I will surely change my opinion. Until then I'll take a wait and see approach.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Take these sexual accusations out of it, do you have a problem with your Bishop's opulent lifestyle. If not, why is that?
I ask God to bless you and your response is this --- What sexual accusations are you speaking of

Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM

7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I never said I supported Long. My point was I refuse to believe allegations just because they are made. Some of the very same people who are anti-relgion and tell folks to use the brains are the very same ones that will believe allegations without any proof.

I am no fan of Long's message of prosperity. I am no fan of Long himself. I am just a skeptic. Gossip and hearsay don't do it for me. I don't care about what sister so and so is talking about. The accusers are supposed to have some pretty damning evidence (according to their attorney). If that is true, then fine. If that is made public I will surely change my opinion. Until then I'll take a wait and see approach.
Good point...these things often turn into witch hunts, and that is never fair to the accused. There was a case recently in Winston-Salem where a teacher was accused of molesting some high school girls, and it turned out that they admitted they were simply angry with him over a discipline situation. This Eddie Long thing sounds a lot different from this, but he is still innocent until proven guilty. It's good that not everyone wants to rush to judgement!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Oh I am sorry I get it now, maybe you are more interested in hurting people and seeing them suffer than you are in really getting to the truth of the matter. However, God Bless you anyhow I will continue to keep you in my prays Suprascooby22 you must need them. I for one never placed any sexual accusations in any pray I offer to God I do HIS Word and that is not my fault if that offends YOU

Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM

I am wrong about one thing and I will repent (turn away from continue in that action) nothing super spirtual folks, I really shouldnt be in here arguing back and forth because I do know better. In that God Word tells me not to and that is my main objective.

However, I will say this it is really sad How we all, myself included takes GOD mercy and grace that he has given all of us and abuse it with judgement. I wouldnt want anyone to judge me for the close I wear, or the car I drive, nor the house I live in.

I cant help the fact that I have been bless more often than not by this minstry and whatever I do I do it to honor GOD and HIM alone, I am leaving this forum, (and I am sure some may not miss me) but my pray stands the same, I pray God Bless each and every judgemental person on here I pray that he removes the hate in all of our hearts and I pray that HE allows each of us to have the same heart that he gave us ALL when HE woke us up this morning, I pray that we can bring forth HIS WILL and Bless each other like he intended for us to do

GOD Bless

Old 09-23-2010, 02:17 PM

826 posts, read 2,735,541 times
If the allegations are indeed true then his sexuality isn't the issue, its the predatory behavior displayed towards vulnerable young men.
He supposedly groomed them from when they were teenagers. After least one of the young men was fatherless and was looking to Long as a father figure, so Long told the boy to call him "Daddy". How does Long explain buying these guys such expensive things if nothing was going on?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
I ask God to bless you and your response is this --- What sexual accusations are you speaking of
WOW, I am speechless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or