Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 07:36 PM

55 posts, read 114,033 times

Advertisements

I am finally getting ready to move to McDonough. I have a few rentals I am interested in. However, I need some schools that are recommended as well as the ones I need to stay away from. Currently, my kids are in FL attending a magnet school for the arts. They have a very involved group of parents, and the principal and teachers all know my son by name (he is in first grade). I would like to have a similar experience for my kids in McDonough. I saw one home that is zoned for Wesley Lakes Elem and another zoned for Tussahaw. I read a lot of negative things about Wesley Lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Generally, there aren't many posters that seem to be familiar with this area so my suggestion is to contact Henry County Schools.
Henry County Schools

You could Google and try to find blogs or online groups for the area.

ETA: Scan these posts>>>
Family safe kid friendly good schools within 40 miles of Conely

Relocating- McDonough or Stockbridge?

' Eagles Landing Schools were number 2 in the state. My question is what communities do we look for homes to rent in the Eagles Landing School District or is this even true? Please and thank you!'

'Who ever told you that is clueless, especially the part about Eagles Landing schools being number two in the state! Henry county schools are bad and getting worse everyday. A simple google search will pull up some good websites that will give you all the data you need.'

Old 09-23-2010, 07:57 PM

Oh ok. I am familiar with Henry County Schools website, but I won't get the kind of feedback on individual schools. I was hoping there were posters with kids in specific schools. I know I can read up on test scores and if they made the grade as far as NCLB etc.
I just thought there were a significant number of people with kids in McDonough. Thanks for the links. I did read the thread you posted before i started my own thread.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles1228 View Post
Oh ok. I am familiar with Henry County Schools website, but I won't get the kind of feedback on individual schools. I was hoping there were posters with kids in specific schools. I know I can read up on test scores and if they made the grade as far as NCLB etc.
I just thought there were a significant number of people with kids in McDonough. Thanks for the links. I did read the thread you posted before i started my own thread.
In the last link I posted read post #6 and DM the poster if you cannot find any other FYI.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 PM

461 posts, read 1,068,884 times
I am not as familiar with Henry but on greatschools.org the highest ranked elementary schools are East Lake Elementary and Timber Ridge Elementary, might be a good place to start.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
In the last link I posted read post #6 and DM the poster if you cannot find any other FYI.
I went ahead and did that...good advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: