Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 05:04 AM

54 posts, read 311,170 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are traveling to Atlanta next weekend and I am looking for the absolute nicest place to dine when we are there. We will be in the area of the "Georgia World Congress Center" Something close with in a mile or two or so. Thanks for your replies!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 AM

92 posts, read 659,218 times
WOW...So many to choose from.

Bluepointe
NAVA
Bacchanalia (probably considered Atl's finest)
Kyma
One Midtown Kitchen
Murphy's
South City Kitchen

I hear these are good, but never been there:

Seeger's
Aria

Man, I don't even know what I'm leaving out but there are many. I'm sure you will get plenty of recommendations from others here.

B

Old 11-10-2006, 08:26 AM

425 posts, read 1,755,607 times
Seeger's if this is your one and only opportunity. From the World Congress Center though, you may be closer to Nikoli's Roof, Park75, City Grill, and Atlanta Grill. If you do not care for the food at all, maybe the Sundial. Avoid places like BED and Two Urban Licks (food has gotten better after Blais took over the kitchen but you may not care for the the pretentious crowd)

Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM

426 posts, read 2,322,205 times
Seegers in Buckhead used to be the absolute best place to eat in Atlanta but it is now closed. The best restaurant in Atlanta is now the Dining Room at the Ritz Carlton Buckhead. This is about 10 miles north of the Georgia World Congress Center though. Most of Atlanta's top notch dining options lie within the Buchhead Community. If you arent able to sample the Buckhead restaurants then I too would suggest the Atlanta Grill at the Ritz Carlton Downtown or Nicholi's Roof atop the Hyatt Hotel, also in Downtown Atlanta. City Grill is downtown as well and will offer an old world southern atmosphere.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:18 PM

425 posts, read 1,755,607 times
Nope - Seeger's is not closed. G. Seeger ended up working out the financial woes and it is now back in business.

seegers-dot-com

Old 11-11-2006, 05:07 PM

148 posts, read 951,181 times
Default Tricky question

This question is kind of tricky. What's nice for you, may not be so nice for me. I don't know if you're speaking in terms of delicious food, a fancy price tag, or fancy atmosphere. Sometimes, you get none of the above. Sometimes, you get all of the above.

For me, delicious food is a top priority. Within that delicious food category, is a recent inspection by the local county board of health with a score of 100-nothing below 90.

There is one very famous Atlanta resident that found a "GOOD DISH" I'm not speaking in terms of good food, but a wife. His name is Kenny Rogers.

A good decade ago, or more, Kenny just happened to stop at a local restaurant for some grub. He was certainly looking for a good dish, and boy did he find a good dish. A beautiful waitress, Wanda, stepped up to his booth, and it was love at first sight for Kenny. I have a feeling food was the last thing on his mind, when he saw this dish.

Why can't we all find an Atlanta restaurant like that?

Z

Old 11-15-2006, 03:41 PM

232 posts, read 1,722,570 times
I've got 2 words... Dunwoody---- McKendricks, It is an absolute experience in dining. The atmosphere is quite nice, but the food here takes center stage. The place has maintained a top ten rating by usda as well as other dining guides for many years. At one time, it was in the top 10 nationally and the number 1 steakhouse in Atlanta.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:46 PM

51 posts, read 287,538 times
If you are looking for a great view....try the Sundial....the restaurant actually rotates and you can see all of Atlanta...and then some. If you go just before sundown you can see the day and night views...breathtaking!

Old 11-15-2006, 06:35 PM

92 posts, read 659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
If you are looking for a great view....try the Sundial....the restaurant actually rotates and you can see all of Atlanta...and then some. If you go just before sundown you can see the day and night views...breathtaking!
Yeah, but the food is...eeeehh. If you want a nice evening, go out to eat at one of the above recommended places and then go to the sundial for drinks and dessert!!

B

Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
If you want Old Southern Cooking go to MaryMac's Tea Room.
Located downtown on Ponce De Leon close to the Fox Theater.

If you want fried chicken, okra, taters, pie, etc. prepared by a group of diverse southern men and women then you will enjoy the place.

Not many left in the South anymore as we turn into Walmart, food chain nation.

They have Website marymacs.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta