Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Nah, we don't want her here in Texas. Besides, between the Hispanics, the African Americans, and the Asians, she'd never go out of the house. It would be Agoraphobia and Xenophobia combined - Xenogoraphobia!
thank you. if they think they would have it bad in atlanta, they really don't want to come to texas

36 posts, read 193,265 times
I would love nothing more than to be driving through a black neighborhood and feel that it is unneeded to roll my windows up and lock my doors. I have yet to drive through a trailer park that I was scared of. Wouldn't leave my car unlocked but I certainly wouldn't expect to be pulled through my window at an intersection. That’s the real shame in all of this. That’s what us conservative white folk hate about this country right now. I am tolerant of any culture that doesn’t threaten my family’s safety.

986 posts, read 1,666,301 times
How am I attacking the poster?

Quote:
I have a good god fearing white family and if I move to Atlanta I don’t want my wife to be howled at or raped by minorities who seem to be born with a sixth sense of disrespect to woman. I also have a daughter. My thinking is that if she is not around a lot of black people the chances of her becoming one of some black guy’s baby’s momma are much slimmer. You can teach them all you want but it happens to good families all the time. That would just break my heart.
Sounds like fear of minorities to me.

Texas and Atlanta are full of US - minorities. I'm just putting it out there that if they are afraid of minorities, Atlanta probably isn't a good fit. And I'D rather not live near someone with such an ignorant mindset.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
anyway, why are we entertaining this nonsense? they're obviously only here to start trouble and we're giving it to them. we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:40 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
anyway, why are we entertaining this nonsense? they're obviously only here to start trouble and we're giving it to them. we should be ashamed of ourselves.
You are so right. I'm off to have an adult beverage with a few other people who don't mind/aren't afraid of minorities and enjoy my evening.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:43 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Lightbulb First of All...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
You know, what I find disturbing about many individual's comments are that the person is looking for specific answers, and instead of provide him with his request, many are attacking the person with what I view as very vile attacks.

The original poster is absolutely correct in his assessment of crime and race. The statistics bear out what he states. Blacks are by far much more likely to commit a crime. Seriously, all you have to do is a google search for FBI crime stats, and you see the truth for what it is. Why attack the messenger, a person who simply wants to look at for his family, and one who wants to be around his own kind; all people desire the same, regardless as to whether they admit it or not.

Sure, he started out defensive, but it's probably because he's read this forum before. It's common if you've seen the forum that it has an obviously liberal bent/readership. He likely felt compelled to put it out up front.

When you attack someone for their personal preferences, you're not being very tolerant, something that many liberals like to pride themselves on.

Live and Let Live, and Love!
To spout off a juvenile, stereotypical whine and prop it up as undeniable fact is really narrow-minded and silly...

What's more, the original poster and yourself display a common characteristic---an unshakable belief that anything one says about blacks as criminals, or statistics or google searches that claim to validate those beliefs, are the set-in-stone gospel truth...

And just because people are not lining up to kiss your rumpus as you spout all that nonsense, doesn't make them liberals...that's another crock of BS, another silly little name you call people who are not buying that divisive-a** junk...

It's a wonderful thing that City-Data and the world don't revolve around what YOU view...in plain English, nobody is paying attention to you and all your statistics and hot air, quiet as it's kept...

If you kick a sleeping dog, prepare to get bitten hard when he wakes up

Old 09-25-2010, 07:44 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandAshley View Post
I would love nothing more than to be driving through a black neighborhood and feel that it is unneeded to roll my windows up and lock my doors. I have yet to drive through a trailer park that I was scared of. Wouldn't leave my car unlocked but I certainly wouldn't expect to be pulled through my window at an intersection. That’s the real shame in all of this. That’s what us conservative white folk hate about this country right now. I am tolerant of any culture that doesn’t threaten my family’s safety.
In a city of over 5,000,000 people you need to be more concerned with security. We have trailer parks here and I would advise you to be forewarned that drugs and drug related crimes are an issue.

Contact officials in Gwinnett county and gather statistics on crime. Gwinnett has larger Hispanic and Asian and other populations than many of the other metro counties.

Certainly you could search in Cherokee County--in NW Atlanta and plan on one of the worst commutes imaginable to NE Atlanta--I wouldn't consider it.

There are parts of Tucker that would be fine with most of us.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:45 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,217,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
How am I attacking the poster?

Sounds like fear of minorities to me.

Texas and Atlanta are full of US - minorities. I'm just putting it out there that if they are afraid of minorities, Atlanta probably isn't a good fit. And I'D rather not live near someone with such an ignorant mindset.
Can we please stop using the word "ignorant". Ashley and Steve is not ignorant. If one is ignorant, they simply do not know. What this poster has posted is statistically true, so let's drop the facade of being superior in beliefs to him/her. Since statistics bear out what he/she says, is it really him who is ignorant, or is it the individuals attacking him for holding such views. Logically, it'd be the latter.

A white person can have such views and be proud of such views, and shouldn't have to be attacked for them, as though they're trash, when they're not. I think what the attacks really come down to are "minorities" sensibilities being hurt, and they are lashing out at the poster. The other contingent is that of the white, easily-influenced, left-wing crowd who lets mainstream society dictate how they think about "controversial topics".

People need to be more real and get over this "How can you say such a thing, you're ignorant" complex.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:50 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,217,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
To spout off a juvenile, stereotypical whine and prop it up as undeniable fact is really narrow-minded and silly...

What's more, the original poster and yourself display a common characteristic---an unshakable belief that anything one says about blacks as criminals, or statistics or google searches that claim to validate those beliefs, are the set-in-stone gospel truth...

And just because people are not lining up to kiss your rumpus as you spout all that nonsense, doesn't make them liberals...that's another crock of BS, another silly little name you call people who are not buying that divisive-a** junk...

It's a wonderful thing that City-Data and the world don't revolve around what YOU view...in plain English, nobody is paying attention to you and all your statistics and hot air, quiet as it's kept...

If you kick a sleeping dog, prepare to get bitten hard when he wakes up
I have been nothing but respectful. I simply have disagreed with the attitude of some people on this forum.

Different strokes for different folks. Right?

Old 09-25-2010, 07:53 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Awaiting the mods to wake up and delete it but enjoying the view for now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta