Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 PM

36 posts, read 193,252 times

Advertisements

So yeah I said it. Roast me if you want but the truth is this is every white families fear when they come from small towns and move to metropolises. I have a good god fearing white family and if I move to Atlanta I don’t want my wife to be howled at or raped by minorities who seem to be born with a sixth sense of disrespect to woman. I also have a daughter. My thinking is that if she is not around a lot of black people the chances of her becoming one of some black guy’s baby’s momma are much slimmer. You can teach them all you want but it happens to good families all the time. That would just break my heart.
I will be working near Emory University and don’t mind to drive 45 minutes to work if it means my family will be safe. The suburbs would be nice. I will most likely be buying a foreclosed home which for 175k seems to get you nearly a mansion but I have no idea if they are just on a good streets surrounded my ghettos. A lot of them that seem within reach are in Lawrenceville. Would I be looking at a 60 minute commute in the morning traffic?
Also I drive a little two seater roadster. Is it relatively safe to drive in the North East corner of Atlanta with a top down? We live on the Gulf now and I leave it down when I go into stores and what not. Never had a problem.
Sorry if I offend some people. Truth is most violent crimes are committed by black people. It’s not a stereotype is a published statistic. I won’t put my head down in the sand to be politically correct. Save that for the people who want to be victims. So if that hurts folk’s feelings so be it. Raise your kid’s right and they may not add to those numbers.

So in summary where are the most predominantly white neighborhoods with in 45 minutes of Emory University of Atlanta.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Tucker/more diverse, considered stable by many of us--- would be about 30 minutes from Emory. Lawrenceville/also diverse--more white, 45 minutes to an hour. Dacula/whiter still--- over an hour?

Old 09-25-2010, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 9,543 times
i am from canada and i am surprised at how ignorant some people are here. ie. the person who wrote the post above. i am not even black but i'm insulted by that post! crimes are not mostly committed by black people. crime stems from your socio-economic background. crime stems from a lack of education. and your child won't grow up to be some "black guy's baby momma" if you raise your kid to respect things such as marriage, and waiting to have children. i live in lawrenceville now. please don't move here. we don't need any more racist and ignorant people here. lol. i'm so proud to be a minority from canada. we teach each other about tolerance and family values up north. i feel sorry for your kids. i hope they really do end up with a black person. maybe then you'd open your eyes and realise your not superior to any other race. i'd be more worried about letting my children grow up amongst backwards-minded people like you than in the ghetto. all i can do is shake my head and pray for you.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM

Such a post doesn't really phase me--having lived here for many decades. The poster would probably get a better response with different phrasing.

The thing is the entire metro area is 'more open-minded' these days. East Cobb is often cited as 'The Most Conservative and majority white' but this type of attitude would ruffle some feathers in that community.

If the Op intends to work near Emory then my suggestion is to quickly learn to keep some of the posted opinions to himself. There are those in NE Atlanta that would express their own opinions, FWIW.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,418,969 times
Are you kidding me????

Old 09-25-2010, 05:42 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandAshley View Post
So yeah I said it. Roast me if you want but the truth is this is every white families fear when they come from small towns and move to metropolises. I have a good god fearing white family and if I move to Atlanta I don’t want my wife to be howled at or raped by minorities who seem to be born with a sixth sense of disrespect to woman. I also have a daughter. My thinking is that if she is not around a lot of black people the chances of her becoming one of some black guy’s baby’s momma are much slimmer. You can teach them all you want but it happens to good families all the time. That would just break my heart.
I will be working near Emory University and don’t mind to drive 45 minutes to work if it means my family will be safe. The suburbs would be nice. I will most likely be buying a foreclosed home which for 175k seems to get you nearly a mansion but I have no idea if they are just on a good streets surrounded my ghettos. A lot of them that seem within reach are in Lawrenceville. Would I be looking at a 60 minute commute in the morning traffic?
Also I drive a little two seater roadster. Is it relatively safe to drive in the North East corner of Atlanta with a top down? We live on the Gulf now and I leave it down when I go into stores and what not. Never had a problem.
Sorry if I offend some people. Truth is most violent crimes are committed by black people. It’s not a stereotype is a published statistic. I won’t put my head down in the sand to be politically correct. Save that for the people who want to be victims. So if that hurts folk’s feelings so be it. Raise your kid’s right and they may not add to those numbers.

So in summary where are the most predominantly white neighborhoods with in 45 minutes of Emory University of Atlanta.
And people wonder why someone asking for a "predominantly white area" on here is viewed differently than when someone asks about black, hispanic, or asian areas...

Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 PM

36 posts, read 193,252 times
I don't want to be in that socio-economic area you speak of or even near it or part of its school district. I have black friends and respect them because they are good people. They put their kids in white schools because they know what is best for them and their safety. If you don't think everyone feels this way you are really the "ignorant one." Many will say they don't but thats not what really goes on in the back of their heads when they buy a home or choose a school. I'm just "real" about it.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandAshley View Post
I don't want to be in that socio-economic area you speak of or even near it or part of its school district. I have black friends and respect them because they are good people. They put their kids in white schools because they know what is best for them and their safety. If you don't think everyone feels this way you are really the "ignorant one." Many will say they don't but thats not what really goes on in the back of their heads when they buy a home or choose a school. I'm just "real" about it.
You can ask the question w/o being abrasive.

Livsey Elementary School in the Tucker area would be a good choice. Certainly, there would be African American, Asian, Hispanic and other ethnic students but the school has a good reputation.

If you want the challenge of a gruelling daily commute from around Dacula to be in a more majority white area that is your choice. You will find that open minded attitudes have spread to majority white communities. The metro area lies between Emory, Agnes Scott, Tech and University of GA.
If you are hoping to find something like Milton, FL--albeit a well-respected school system but far more conservative from what I have heard than any part of metro Atlanta--I'm afraid you won't be very happy here.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
LMAO.

Scared of the mulatto grandchild. Extra worried your daughter will be seduced by the big black buck?

Anyhow, take yo ass to Cumming. High enough white population for you but you may have to watch out for the Hispanics who want to knock your daughter up instead though...

Old 09-25-2010, 06:00 PM

90 posts, read 329,588 times
Whichever moderator's letting this thread slide might be able to help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta