Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 06:02 PM

27 posts, read 44,001 times

Advertisements

I did a search and found a lot of cell phone service threads, but none that addressed this very specific question.

I just moved to Atlanta last week, into an apartment at Post Parkside on 10th St. Unfortunately, I've been getting almost no bars on my 3g iphone, on a pretty regular basis--3 is the most I've seen, and that's rare. Outside of the building, it seems to be ok (not great, but good enough. Sometimes great :-) I get bad reception, dropped calls, no Internet connection, etc. It's bad.

Does anyone on this board live at PP and have an iphone? or know anyone who does? I've asked a few people and can't find anyone so far. The building manager said she's not heard any complaints. I hate to give up my iphone, but I don't have a landline so I need a really reliable service.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 10:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
I've known a couple of people who have used iPhones in and around Atlanta and they seem to have a love it or hate it relationship with them. They love the phones, but hate the AT&T service with them.

Since (right now) you don't have a choice since (again, right now) AT&T is the only provider that has the iPhone, you might want to invest in a "Microcell" device for your place to boost the indoor signal. My understanding is that these things really do work to a degree: AT&T 3G MicroCellâ„¢ - Signal Booster - Wireless from AT&T

If you should decide to ditch your AT&T/iPhone service, one alternative is the Samsung Fascinate from Verizon. Verizon has really good service in most of metro Atlanta, and aside from not having a web cam, the Fascinate (I recently got one) is a super nice phone. Sharp sharp 4" screen, good camera/camcorder, decent reception, etc etc.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM

27 posts, read 44,001 times
Yeah, I think almost everyone who buys Apple is in a love-hate relationship with them right now. I have other reasons to dislike them--they totally messed up my 3g with their lousy new software, and refuse to admit it or fix it. But I think this one--given the fact that it's confined to this building--is on AT&T. Thanks so much for the tip on the signal booster--I didn't even think about that.

I might break up with Apple in the future, but right now, I just can't bring myself to do it. No matter how much it makes me feel like that robot in the Apple v. Evo clip.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicExYouth View Post
I might break up with Apple in the future, but right now, I just can't bring myself to do it. No matter how much it makes me feel like that robot in the Apple v. Evo clip.
The Fascinate is better than the Evo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta