Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:22 AM

714 posts, read 810,216 times

Advertisements

Crate & Barrel leaving Lenox Square for nearby center *| ajc.com

C&B is moving to adjacent open air mall. So staying in the area. But why would they ever leave the high traffic and comfy confines of LS Mall?

Can't imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:37 AM

31,993 posts, read 36,529,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
C&B is moving to adjacent open air mall. So staying in the area. But why would they ever leave the high traffic and comfy confines of LS Mall?

Can't imagine.
Rent?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM

3,695 posts, read 5,939,563 times
Threadworthy?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:03 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,529,675 times
The center where they are moving just won a ULI Development of Excellence Award.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:10 PM

714 posts, read 810,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Rent?
Or, lack of sales due to too much the "wrong kind" of traffic and decreasing amounts of the "right kind" of traffic.

Cruisers, loiterers and teenage throngs will be much less prevalent in an outdoor mall parking lot. The people who visit the new location will want, and have the means to, shop there, not because they are just cruising by inside a mall.

No one walks away from an anchor tenant in a depressed economy. You do the deal --- unless no deal is good enough for an unhappy tenant.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM

461 posts, read 1,065,159 times
Quote:
Or, lack of sales due to too much the "wrong kind" of traffic and decreasing amounts of the "right kind" of traffic.

Cruisers, loiterers and teenage throngs will be much less prevalent in an outdoor mall parking lot. The people who visit the new location will want, and have the means to, shop there, not because they are just cruising by inside a mall.

No one walks away from an anchor tenant in a depressed economy. You do the deal --- unless no deal is good enough for an unhappy tenant.
If you were just going to answer your own question, why bother to post it?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM

969 posts, read 1,950,932 times
Quote:

No, that is not why. And if it was, why the hell would Prada, Henri Bendel, and other high end stores be opening/expanding at the mall?

The reason why is because Crate & Barrel no longer prefers their stores to be within malls... you can see this in other places as well. They have been moving their stores out of malls and into free-standing stores or shopping centers near malls. It is that simple. It has nothing to do with what you are saying and I've been to Lenox Mall many times, I am white, and I just don't see how anyone can think that mall is "ghetto".

Old 09-16-2011, 01:36 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,295,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
No, that is not why. And if it was, why the hell would Prada, Henri Bendel, and other high end stores be opening/expanding at the mall?

The reason why is because Crate & Barrel no longer prefers their stores to be within malls... you can see this in other places as well. They have been moving their stores out of malls and into free-standing stores or shopping centers near malls. It is that simple. It has nothing to do with what you are saying and I've been to Lenox Mall many times, I am white, and I just don't see how anyone can think that mall is "ghetto".
If you think Prada isn't popular in the ghetto, you don't have a clue.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:52 PM

969 posts, read 1,950,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
If you think Prada isn't popular in the ghetto, you don't have a clue.
It's called knock-offs. I mean seriously, what is wrong with you people? I don't think I will ever understand it.

1. Lenox is not ghetto.
2. It is one of the most upscale malls in the country and it continues to add new stores that would NEVER open or expand in a ghetto mall.
3. Crate & Barrel moving out of the mall has nothing to with the clientele as some people like to claim and all to do with their business model.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:43 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,381,224 times
Crate& Barrel is doing the same thing-they have done it in Charlotte, NC. I am wondering what will fill that space. Of course, we are talking about Simon mall management; and I am still not happy with legoland at Phipps. I really wish they were more focused, Phipps was supposed to be more upscale, not rugrat land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta