U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:29 PM

61 posts, read 223,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanpartyofsix View Post
This is my dream subdivison : South of Atlanta, but not too far since hubby's office will be there.....nice sized lots so houses aren't too close together.....lots of kids.......fees/taxes not too high.......neighbors that take good care of their homes/lawns....lots of trees on lots! (as already mentioned)....am I asking for too much??I s this too Utopian??
I think PTC will be perfect for you!!! My inlaws live there and its awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM

201 posts, read 963,112 times
Or Sharpsburg!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 AM

29 posts, read 188,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj2007 View Post
I concur with one of the other folks who replied that the Clayton County portion of Fayetteville is not a bad area.

It's a beautiful area with awesome public parks and accessible lakes you can fish in and all kinds of beautiful wildlife.

The southern Clayton County schools are some of the better ones in the county, as well.

The housing here is nicely priced...not too high, but not too low, either...which makes a difference if you ever want to sell your home.

Despite all of the feedback you're getting, you really need to come and see for yourself, maybe rent a home and see how you like it down here.
the bolded sentence above I think is the best advice anyone can give when talking about relocation & in particular (certain parts of) Clayton County. I live in Hampton (far south) & have had no problems nor worries, never been a victim of crime. But when you hear anything in the media about Clayton, they make it seem as if the entire county is a bust and that's just not true. Many people who make negative comments have never lived here and are simply regurgitating what they see on TV news reports & hear from others.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 PM

101 posts, read 333,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingbyron View Post
You're not in Celebration, Fl are you? Drove through there once, it was like an eery Mayberry...

HA!!!

So is Peachtree City!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:38 PM

101 posts, read 333,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcgirl View Post
We live in Peachtree City . . . little traffic, . . .
Do you work, conventional hours, either in or around the area? Are you able to avoid Highways 54 and 74 completely?

Where are you seeing 'little traffic'?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 AM

744 posts, read 2,053,923 times
I have Been in Peachtree City since 2000 and totally love it !! It has been a fun place to live for both our kids and ourselves. We love getting out and walking the golf cart paths, using the great recreational facilaties, and fishing in the lakes.
As far as traffic goes commuting to the down town Atlanta area it is a piece of cake compared to what motorist on the northside of Atlanta have to deal with.
The schools that we have delt with here have been top notch. My children have had nothing but first rate teaching since they have been enrolled. ( I have one with special needs and his program has been outstanding.)
We have really enjoyed living here and I do not look forward to the day we have to move away.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:38 AM

8 posts, read 42,862 times
I think that it's awesome you are able to use this website to help investigate communities before you move.
I will keep that in mind if I ever decide to move.
If you really need a more affordable area but don't want to live in a busy quasi-urban suburb and prefer to be nearer to rural areas, I strongly suggest the community near County Line Road and Northbridge Road in SouthEast Fayetteville. There's a good elementary school, Rivers Edge Elementary, as well, which has won national awards and carries an awesome teacher-led after school program. Many of the teachers and administrators at Rivers Edge really seem to be personally vested in the community, as well.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 AM

642 posts, read 1,937,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
North of Atlanta is MUCH busier than south of Atlanta though so you will definitely have to deal with traffic more in the north! If I were you I would check out Coweta or Fayette County.
After being pretty much focused on Douglas or perhaps Paulding previously my wife would now like to also focus on these 2 areas. Primarily because most of the homes in Douglas seem to offer very little in way or property. All house, no backyard to speak of. She has friends that live in Fayetteville in a sizable house on over an acre of property. And I must say that every time I go to their house(including yesterday) I'm struck by how peaceful the area seems.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:20 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,377,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GF72 View Post
Yeah you're right, but I was only talking about the south metro area close to Atlanta (which even Peachtree City really doesn't completely make it into), you know like South Fulton and Clayton....

Of course, anything as far as Sharpsburg or Newnan or Peachtree City fulfills, but I was only talking about the main metro area, which these areas (even Peachtree City) don't really fall into, there's a noticeable gap in the sprawl between south metro Atlanta and Peachtree City. Whereas on the north side there is absolutely no gap at all from Downtown Atlanta all the way up to Milton/South Forsyth/Acworth/South Cherokee.
I have to disagree with you about there being a gap in development down to Newnan, Peachtree City, and Sharpsburg. Only by way of I-85 is there a gap between Fairburn and Newnan. However, if you come via Riverdale, it is continuous down to Fayetteville, over to Peachtree City and Newnan. Furthermore, even if you come from Fairburn heading toward Peachtree City, the gap is almost gone. Development from Fairburn to Tyrone and on down to Peachtree City is filling in nicely. Development is also continuous along I-75 all the way down to the southside of McDonough in Henry County.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:33 AM

7 posts, read 18,031 times
I am planning to move to PTC, we just got back from a visit there and it was a short trip so I am by no means an expert but I can tell you that I fell in love with it! It was more about what I didn't see than what I did.. No traffic jams, no overcrowed schools, No car dealerships, No gang members hanging out around town (like where I live in Jax FL) We were out an about at 5:00-6:00p.m. and the traffic was light to say the least. It is full of natual beauty, and I find it to be very affordable. Coming from North Florida the prices seem like they are giving the stuff away, however we are still planning to rent for the first year until we get more established in the area. Best of luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or