Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:01 AM

39 posts, read 176,817 times

Advertisements

A new golf cart will run you about $6K.

FYI - There may be more stores being built, but there are many vacant store fronts throughout PTC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,404 times
I'm a Hispanic single women with a ADDH son trying to relocate, I have been doing a lot of research for nice school with good neighborhood. and Im wondering if PTC is a good place for us? looks like is not a lot of afroamericans or either hispanics on PTC.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM

10 posts, read 14,459 times
I've been in PTC since 1995 and was married to a man who moved here in 1961...the first family to live here. We've seen the town grow from a quaint out of the way bedroom community to a medium sized....bedroom community..LOL! It's wonderful living here.

The kids can ride a bike to school and often times I've seen a boy on his bike with a fishing pole thrown over his shoulder, riding to one of the many ponds or lakes nearby. There is a large parent involvement in the excellent top-ranked schools...moms and dads both volunteer heavily.

Within a five minute car or golf cart ride, I can ride a horse, pick fresh strawberries or blackberries at a farm, race on a nationally ranked BMX track, attend an outdoor concert at an amphitheater, kayak in a 275 acre lake, take cooking classes at William Sonoma, take flying lessons at the local airport, throw pottery on a wheel, take ballroom dancing lessons, skateboard on a half pipe, try on dresses at Banana Republic....all the while leaving my doors unlocked because the crime rate is virtually nonexistent.

We have a great Piedmont Hospital five minutes away and most doctors and dentists are within a five minute drive. My own internist is exactly 1 and 1/2 minutes door to door. Add to all this 90 miles of tree-lined golf cart paths and so many kid-friendly activities you won't know which to choose first.....this place feels more like a permanent vacation.

Peachtree city is not a southern town. It's a mix of folks from all over the country. My children have grown up being friends with children of all races, religions and cultures. After living in Atlanta for 49 years....DeKalb, Cobb, Clayton Counties and Fayette. I can honestly say this is the most unique, peaceful, calm, joyful town I've ever visited or lived in.

Does it take me 50 minutes to get to Buckhead? Yep. But it's a small price to pay for the return. (and...a nice used golf cart can be found at the local Kroger bulletin board for around 1500-2500 dollars)

Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM

254 posts, read 369,796 times
I think Peachtree City is a great area. It has numerous lakes and the golf cart paths stretching all over the city are great. I commute to Georgia Tech every morning from neighboring Newnan, and traffic is not very bad. Going from Peachtree City, you will not have to deal with the construction like I do. The traffic on the south side of Atlanta is nothing compared to traffic from the north. It's a great area, and if you decide to move there I hope you enjoy it!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
I don't live in PTC but visit friends there. Mostly, I think it's wonderful and so do they. But it is so DARK at night. Where are all the streetlights? We usually go during the day, but last time we went at night and had a hard time finding their street. I believe crime is very low there, but this could change and street lights would help.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:05 PM

10 posts, read 14,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I don't live in PTC but visit friends there. Mostly, I think it's wonderful and so do they. But it is so DARK at night. Where are all the streetlights? We usually go during the day, but last time we went at night and had a hard time finding their street. I believe crime is very low there, but this could change and street lights would help.
All of the neighborhoods I'm familiar with have streetlights...including my own. Stupid light keeps me awake at night..LOL.

There are also lots of deer around here, so be careful driving at night.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Default P'tree City

Quote:
Originally Posted by danachit View Post
All of the neighborhoods I'm familiar with have streetlights...including my own. Stupid light keeps me awake at night..LOL.

There are also lots of deer around here, so be careful driving at night.
I was talking about the highways being dark.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,051 times
Can you see the stars well in PTC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta