Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 03:03 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,849,531 times

Advertisements

What do you guys think about this website?

Martin Luther King Jr. - A True Historical Examination

I'm starting to work on a dissertation involving MLK and stumbled upon this website. I was initially going to post this only in the "Great Debates" forum or something, but I thought I'd try it here as well since King is considered a hometown hero of sorts.

I likely won't add much commentary myself as I have learned to shut up and let it ride (on CD) when it comes to topics that are controversially about race...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 05:12 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
Its true. The family has the records sealed until 2025 or 2027 by federal court order.

I bumped into the same page when I was in high school. Changed my view on him alot and his family for hiding the truth...

This website made the scene from Malcolm X make even more so...

Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Who is taking credit for the website? I couldn't find an author.

Anyway, that seems to be the work of somebody with an agenda to discredit MLK. I am certainly not an expert on him, he died when I was very young. But, I think of him as a man with flaws (as are most men) who gave an articulate voice to black people when nobody else was stepping up. Let the man RIP. We have way bigger things to concern ourselves with now.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:46 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
Its a white power or KKK group that is an owner of the page.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:20 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
That site isn't even worth considering...look at the typos and grammatical errors! It's obviously coming from people who aren't very bright.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,997,570 times
Yes, this site was made by Stormfront (as credited at the bottom of the page) who are nothing more than a collection of racists and supremacists who I am guessing thought this website on MLK would make people think he was some sort of bad person.

MLK was, after all human, and like all humans he had flaws I'm sure. One thing that is certain is that he lead a movement that made America what it is today and was a lot more than about ending Segregation...which, I am also guessing, the people who made this website would like nothing else but to bring back.

No intelligent conversation could be started with that website.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 PM

826 posts, read 3,120,972 times
I didnt' look at the website, but are they talking about his reputation as a ladies man? If so I thought this was common knowledge and I don't see what that has to do with his work in Civil rights

Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Yes, this site was made by Stormfront (as credited at the bottom of the page) who are nothing more than a collection of racists and supremacists who I am guessing thought this website on MLK would make people think he was some sort of bad person.

MLK was, after all human, and like all humans he had flaws I'm sure. One thing that is certain is that he lead a movement that made America what it is today and was a lot more than about ending Segregation...which, I am also guessing, the people who made this website would like nothing else but to bring back.

No intelligent conversation could be started with that website.
the worst thing about stormfront is that they only use their bias site as their source to everything smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: