U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2007, 08:45 AM

33 posts, read 89,285 times

Advertisements

Thinking about relocating, Can anyone give me some info...............on communities 30 to 40 minutes outside of downtown atlanta comfortable for a single straight female no children living at home but also, still alittle child friendly, not outrageous in price. Homes about $250k Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM

75 posts, read 286,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida04 View Post
Thinking about relocating, Can anyone give me some info...............on communities 30 to 40 minutes outside of downtown atlanta comfortable for a single straight female no children living at home but also, still alittle child friendly, not outrageous in price. Homes about $250k Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have many options. Tell us a little more about what else is important to you,

Old 07-04-2007, 09:01 PM

33 posts, read 89,285 times
Seeking an area that is child friendly but not over run with children, and would offer a single female things to do and places to go ............homes in the range of 250k and relatively safe enviroment.................Thanks

Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 AM

481 posts, read 2,548,684 times
Closer to the city (and nightlife) there really aren't any very safe areas that are in the 250k range. The only 250k range houses in very safe areas are out in the developing suburbs, which are child friendly and meet all of your criteria, except fun for a single female. There really isn't anything for a single female to do out in West Cobb or Douglas County or Gwinnett unless you like hanging out at suburban chain stores.

I mean, you would be completely fine living in these places, but you would have to spend about half an hour to travel to the "fun" places, like Buckhead (the center of nightlife).

Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 AM

1,516 posts, read 6,055,524 times
You may like Vinings...have you looked there at all? Smyrna (which is adjacent) offers more affordable housing with lots of restaurants and shopping.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM

11 posts, read 54,121 times
You could also try Sandy Springs or Dunwoody. I think there may be some townhomes in Mt Vernoon Plantation in Dunwoody that are near $250,000, but HOA dues are really expensive. I haven't looked recently. Dunwoody has a lot of restaurants and shops that are also in Buckhead.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 PM

11 posts, read 37,784 times
There are some condos in your price range in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody near perimeter center. Lots to do, and easy access by train to downtown. Very kid friendly, but not over-run. Mostly families in the city, and the area has a TON of cash!!! Sandy Springs PD is truely GA's finest (since they stole the finest from all the GA PDs in 2006 when they incorporated). I used to meet tons of people in all kinds of bars and restaurants in the area when I travelled here for work. Of course, now I live here with my wife and kids, and meet even more great people without even trying. You might get some better deals in Sandy Springs along Roswell Rd, but the PD is more active there for a reason. Perimeter and east of 400 is safer, nicer, and more fun, imho.

Oh, also, Norcross (Gwinnett Co.) along Holcom Bridge is busy, 10 min from perimeter, and seems nice. We do most of our shopping in that area. Closer to Gloria Estephan than P. Diddy, though. I prefer P. Diddy's posse. But Gloria's neighborhood is nice too.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM

481 posts, read 2,548,684 times
Out of the areas the above person mentioned, I would stick to the Perimeter area. It is indeed very nice (and Perimeter as a whole does have a TON of cash, they even have fancy electric light-up street signs on fancy green street poles for no other reason than to look pretty). Holcomb Bridge and Roswell Road areas... eh, I would recommend focusing on Perimeter instead.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:25 PM
JPD

11,851 posts, read 14,465,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GF72 View Post

I mean, you would be completely fine living in these places, but you would have to spend about half an hour to travel to the "fun" places, like Buckhead (the center of nightlife).

Well, Buckhead is no longer the center of nightlife. They recently ran off most of the bars and nighclubs and are remaking it into a Rodeo Drive type of place. You're right, though, nightlife is centered in places that are intown...Little 5 Points, Va. Highland, East Atlanta, Midtown, etc.

Tucker is in the $250,000 range. There isn't much nightlife in Tucker, but it's close to Stone Mountain and Decatur and is a pretty easy commute to downtown.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 PM

21 posts, read 69,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itabb View Post
There are some condos in your price range in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody near perimeter center. Lots to do, and easy access by train to downtown. Very kid friendly, but not over-run. Mostly families in the city, and the area has a TON of cash!!! Sandy Springs PD is truely GA's finest (since they stole the finest from all the GA PDs in 2006 when they incorporated). I used to meet tons of people in all kinds of bars and restaurants in the area when I travelled here for work. Of course, now I live here with my wife and kids, and meet even more great people without even trying. You might get some better deals in Sandy Springs along Roswell Rd, but the PD is more active there for a reason. Perimeter and east of 400 is safer, nicer, and more fun, imho.

Oh, also, Norcross (Gwinnett Co.) along Holcom Bridge is busy, 10 min from perimeter, and seems nice. We do most of our shopping in that area. Closer to Gloria Estephan than P. Diddy, though. I prefer P. Diddy's posse. But Gloria's neighborhood is nice too.
What?... please explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or