Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:27 PM

237 posts, read 457,966 times

Advertisements

After everything, you gotta luv em. I do. Here is the story..

Rapper T.I. Talks Suicidal Man Down From Ledge of Building | PopEater.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
I bet it was a publicity stunt because of his up-coming court appearance.

For one, the police would never let an ordinary (untrained professional) person do a negotiation of a possible jumper. What were they thinkin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He just happens to hear this on the radio, and feels obligated that he can help- PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post

For one, the police would never let an ordinary (untrained professional) person do a negotiation of a possible jumper. What were they thinkin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He just happens to hear this on the radio, and feels obligated that he can help- PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
Jeez, such negativity. Why must people think good deeds always have some sort of alterior motive? Sure, he was probably thinking him doing this would look good at his court hearing tomorrow, but he did kind of save the dudes life so it works out in the end.

The radio interview he gave to WSB was extremely compelling and, based on the fact there is no proof to the contrary, he sounded very sincere:

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/archive/00709/Audio__T_I__discuss_709163a.mp3 (broken link)

Old 10-14-2010, 09:42 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
The jumper was lucky he didn't get capped by whoever TI's rival rap crew is.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
More proof to refute the theory that this was just a publicity stunt:

T.I.: ‘Hero' role won't affect court hearing *| ajc.com

Quote:
Rapper T.I. says the help he gave police in preventing a suicide jump Wednesday had nothing to do with his court hearing Friday, when a federal judge will decide whether to revoke his probation.

V-103's Ryan Cameron noted in an interview with T.I. that "there are going to be some out there who say this timing is quite impeccable, that T.I. would do this, that he saw something to gain for his own situation."

"I'm not taking any credit," T.I. responded. "It could have been resolved in another way. The fact of the matter is God put me in a position, and put in my spirit to be in the position to help, and I can't take any credit for that.

"I didn't wake up this morning with the intentions of going down and helping hostage negotiators talk someone down off a ledge. I don't think that could be in anyone's plan of action," he added. "I don't expect this to have any different impact on any of my circumstances. That wasn't my motivation."

Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 PM

237 posts, read 457,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
More proof to refute the theory that this was just a publicity stunt:

T.I.: ‘Hero' role won't affect court hearing *| ajc.com
You are talking about a very smart and sophisticated young man, contrary to some beliefs, you would be surprised that despite some negativity, he & his wife have their hands in a lot more than you would think. Dude has very unique strategic skills. He is an example of success. Don't be so quick to judge. Everyone does NOT have an alterior motive for helping to save a life. And why wouldn't the police use an tactic necessary to complete this task. If he was going to come down for whatever reason, to talk to whoever, just as long as he comes down, then that is the objective correct? smh. Interesting... some folks.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM

235 posts, read 344,521 times
As far as rappers go, I think TI is a pretty good guy. For one thing, he's obviously very smart and doesn't look or talk like the stereotypical ATL gangsta thug. So why can't he stay out of trouble?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM

90 posts, read 329,645 times
I can see why some people would see T.I.'s act as a publicity stunt. He did the MTV series Road to Redemption when he could've put in X hours of community service (for the 1000 hours he needed to complete for his 2007 felony charges) picking up garbage on the freeway or whatever, which may not have made him look as proactive.

Personally, I'm on the fence...but I know that I can be a bit cynical, so....

Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post

Your 3rd Eye is wide open just like mine duke! TI playing himself with stunt. Why didnt the kid get on top of BofA Plaza? Jump from there next time. We suppose to cheer because TI talked some weakling off a small midtown building?

NEGRO Please!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:56 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnSAV View Post
As far as rappers go, I think TI is a pretty good guy. For one thing, he's obviously very smart and doesn't look or talk like the stereotypical ATL gangsta thug. So why can't he stay out of trouble?
Because he is a fool. He doesnt realize he has outgrown Atlanta GA. He still has lil local yocal rappers getting at him. He bought all those guns to save himself from local thugs...The WORLD is a biG A$$ PLANET, he could easily make dudes have short arms, but nope, he just has to "keep it real" Dude is better of in New York or LA. Once you reach a certain level you have to leave the HOMEBOYS behind. One thing I can say is dude aint a homosexual or a freemason, like many other RAPPERs. So thats a plus, but dude stays making bad choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: