Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:16 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

Miserable thanks for starting this interesting and funny post. It seems you're pretty sincere about your intentions so until you can make it down here I'm a send you a little bit of Atlanta to the Great North West. Hope you like.

Atlanta Dymes

Old 10-31-2010, 04:08 PM

25 posts, read 70,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm miserable, plz let me View Post

I can post another one addressing this forum if you want.
please do!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:02 AM

62 posts, read 145,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlvagirl View Post
please do!
Ok, what do guys want me to talk about? I need topics to discuss, also do you want me to get all deep and sociological or just **** talk?
I'll be very open, do you guys want me to disclose my government name?
My social security number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Miserable thanks for starting this interesting and funny post. It seems you're pretty sincere about your intentions so until you can make it down here I'm a send you a little bit of Atlanta to the Great North West. Hope you like.

Atlanta Dymes
They're alright, video chicks come off real sleezy, R & B chicks are where it's at. I like a regular fine girl better than a video chick. Plus a lot of those chicks they go for are the "exotic type" I like the hot black girl next door look.

What's so great about the Northwest? Never got that one.
I geuss air quality. Lush nature and such.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:

They're alright, video chicks come off real sleezy, R & B chicks are where it's at. I like a regular fine girl better than a video chick. Plus a lot of those chicks they go for are the "exotic type" I like the hot black girl next door look.

What's so great about the Northwest? Never got that one.
I geuss air quality. Lush nature and such.
Yeah. I can agree to an extent. Just thought you might find it interesting that there are so many model types and video girls here in Atlanta. You see them quite a lot. Atlanta also has more than it's fair share of strippers. It used to be considered like a strip joint capital with all the strip joints catering to conventioneers and freaknik attracted a lot of strippers to Atlanta back in the day many of whom chose to stay here. So you see lots of women sometimes that have nicknames like peaches and diamond. None of that however changes the fact that there is a plentiful amount of girl next door and "nice girl" types. There are also lots of black professional women (I'm talking suit and tie type professional here.) Much more than you see in most cities and lots and lots of black female college students as well. A pretty good variety all together.

Last edited by Galounger; 11-01-2010 at 05:52 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Once you get in the groove and make some friends, unless you're comfortable being the only white dude now, you can feel free to explore Opera on Thursday Nights, Life on Saturdays, Sutra on Fridays or Saturdays, Luckie on Friday nights, and, the ultimate haven of fine blackness, Compound (these are all night clubs and more pretentious than MJQ and El Bar, so come here only if your confidence game is UP. I don't mean cocky, but that you find an inner peace with who and how you are). My ex bf's Indian friend swears by Club Miami. It's certainly hood, but that may be more or less a good thing (less pretentious, but possibly a little tougher, less open crowd).

Quote:

Wait so the black only Compound has finer chicks than any of the mixed crowd places?
I'm not big on pretentious personally, in fact it might be my least favorite trait.
Well I certainly have no inner peace, I don't want it yet though, I'm not done with the phase I'm in now from a creative standpoint.
I'd like to check out Compound after what you said but I really doubt it would be a good idea.
I haven't been to most of these clubs in a while but here are some videos of recent activity at them. You'll have to ask how the videos compare to actually being there.

Here's Wale at Opera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfCqIV4FEgg

Opera on Thursdays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOfM-n097A&feature=fvw

Opera Thursday May 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GZiEbx3XQ4

Here's the Luckie Lounge Senior Invitation MLK Weekend. This is the college crowd. "Strangers in the Night" Got to say LOL to that one! (You have to watch to the end to see.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Apye_g_XcQ

Stacy Dash Allen Iverson and Cameron chillin at the Compound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XbBD0s6OM

Compound P. Diddy Jermaine Dupree Dirty Money Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuP-MWfHg8g

I agree with the prior poster. Club Miami is the only club mentioned that's actually in "the Hood" It seems to be a blast though by these videos.

Niki Minaj and "Her Baby Mother Trina" Birthday Party at Club Miami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtzdYVNTu-Q

B.O.B performing at Club Miami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xISVB-TOF10

Ofcourse these aren't all the clubs. Couldn't find anything of Sutra. I hear club Primal has a pretty mixed crowd. Tongue and Groove, Club Havanah and others as well depending on the night. Echelon 3000 and Mansion Elan occasionally have huge star studded parties like the one at the Mansion during BET weekend not long ago.

Last Vid. Here's Gabrielle Union and Terri J. Vaughn hangin out at Primal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZNUMdg7xBc

Last edited by Galounger; 11-01-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM

75 posts, read 175,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankATL View Post
Is this a serious thread?
hell no its just a comedy thread...You need ones like this to make the forum a little interesting..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:06 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,030 times
Lol, so you're calling yourself weird. What I described my (ex) bf as is what you described yourself as.

-I believe in God and go to church regularly, but it didn't keep me from not wanting him as a BF. All of my friends who attend church aren't Bible-thumping zealots either. We respectfully practice our religion, and anyone else's practices is simply how they feel to best live their lives.

- Yes, Compound proportionately has the best selection (omg, can't believe I'm talking about my own female sisthren like meat).

-College folk, grad school folk, young professionals that still want to feel like they're in college

-Yep still a couple record stores. But I'm only using that as an example. I make that distinction between local vs. chain because, as I mentioned, there's a different element that is attracted to chain-type places vs. local spots. Just as there tends to be a difference between who lives in the suburbs and who lives in the city. These are generalizations, but are honestly pretty true. Local places are where you tend to find people with a more hip, urban mentality and likewise they tend to be more liberal, open-minded, etc. For you, you'd want to go where people are more hip and urban because in all probability that's where you'd find most open minded eligible women for you. For instance, if I wanted to meet an artsy guy, while yes, I could waitress at TGI Friday's in the suburbs and find one, I'd be more likely to find one by working in a hip arts district downtown, which won't have as many chain restaurants/stores.

Quote:
Thank you, I was aware I'm facinating, not to mention good looking.

Your BF sounds really weird.
Are you religious?

Is it just the college folk in FL?

Wait so the black only Compound has finer chicks than any of the mixed crowd places?
I'm not big on pretentious personally, in fact it might be my least favorite trait.
Well I certainly have no inner peace, I don't want it yet though, I'm not done with the phase I'm in now from a creative standpoint.
I'd like to check out Compound after what you said but I really doubt it would be a good idea.

There's still record stores? I really don't see a big difference between working at a chain and working at an indepent restaraunt, you'll meet people either way.

Anyway thanks for all the info, best post thus far.

Don't forget about 9/11. and I do believe that the CIA unleashed crack into ghettos and AIDS into the gay community to ethically cleanse.
George H.W. Bush's 12 year term was the end for this country, it'll never be the same again. The world is run by Illuminati Devil worshipers.

You're welcome, I'm serious though. I even posted a video in a z share link you probably missed, I can post another one addressing this forum if you want.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:56 AM

Galounger, thanks for the links Gawd but my internetz is too slow right now, livin' out out in the country=unrealiable internet. I should hit up a library to check 'em out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
Lol, so you're calling yourself weird. What I described my (ex) bf as is what you described yourself as.

-I believe in God and go to church regularly, but it didn't keep me from not wanting him as a BF. All of my friends who attend church aren't Bible-thumping zealots either. We respectfully practice our religion, and anyone else's practices is simply how they feel to best live their lives.

- Yes, Compound proportionately has the best selection (omg, can't believe I'm talking about my own female sisthren like meat).

-College folk, grad school folk, young professionals that still want to feel like they're in college

-Yep still a couple record stores. But I'm only using that as an example. I make that distinction between local vs. chain because, as I mentioned, there's a different element that is attracted to chain-type places vs. local spots. Just as there tends to be a difference between who lives in the suburbs and who lives in the city. These are generalizations, but are honestly pretty true. Local places are where you tend to find people with a more hip, urban mentality and likewise they tend to be more liberal, open-minded, etc. For you, you'd want to go where people are more hip and urban because in all probability that's where you'd find most open minded eligible women for you. For instance, if I wanted to meet an artsy guy, while yes, I could waitress at TGI Friday's in the suburbs and find one, I'd be more likely to find one by working in a hip arts district downtown, which won't have as many chain restaurants/stores.
I was joking when I called him weird, although he actually is, I'm weird.

Huh, maybe black Christians aren't as nuts as white Christians.

Proportionately.....well, it's quality not quantity in my book.

"College folk, grad school folk, young professionals that still want to feel like they're in college"

What about white trash with a mild criminal record and a GED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphantmale View Post
hell no its just a comedy thread...You need ones like this to make the forum a little interesting..
I'm making a video for the forum, submit questions and topics you'd like to see me address.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Galounger, thanks for the links Gawd but my internetz is too slow right now, livin' out out in the country=unrealiable internet. I should hit up a library to check 'em out.

Yeah I've been there before. Hopefully you can get to a library or somewhere with a good connection and check these out. They really will give you a feel for how dynamic and interesting ATL's nightlife is. Atleast at those clubs. I also meant to add this one of compound. This last one was a party at The Mansion Elan on BET weekend. I meant to go but missed it due to something came up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbPRkT-i69o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBjFSzxAlY

Old 11-02-2010, 07:14 AM

Yeah I really don't think it would be a good idea for me to go to a black only club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta